Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by |Drew|
You better represent the NCC.
very true, they will catch back up
Old 06-13-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BP
Pager alarms are you friend. The Clifford systems have nearly a 1/4 mile range.

Most comprehensive insurance policies max out at $1500 on accessories but you can add additional coverage. I've had to go through theft claims 5 different times now, once was the entire vehicle. I also pay to have everything installed, even though I am more than capable of doing it myself. This way you've got evidence it was installed in your vehicle and insurance will cover labor as well as the parts.

Stealth installs are great but in my neighborhood one night the bastards just went car to car, broke into everything with an aftermarket head unit. You can see the subs in my Sonoma from the outside but you can also see a bright blue LED flashing that lights up the front of my house when it blinks. So far I've been lucky with that.
yeah, but the thing is i dont even have the money for that now either :-\. UT evo8 (my roommate) like mentioned had his EBC and other stuff stolen, but he got the bad *** pager alarm that can detect i think 500-1000 yards, something like that.. so we will see...
Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Toxic Texan
Damn Tyler sorry to hear this. Did you go kill some people on Xbox Live?
yeah, a lil bit, and had a couple beers
Old 06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

I hate thieves. We work hard to save up for the stuff we want, and they decide they'll just take what they want.

You can probably replace the guitar pretty cheap. I don't know if you ever go near the Music Building (MRH) on UT campus, but there are several bulletin boards (especially around the Band Hall) where people are selling musical instruments all the time. If you post up a sign that you want to buy a guitar, there's a good chance someone has one that they'll let go cheap.

-Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
you do realize that you can't just walk out and shoot someone thats jackin your **** right? if you have insurance i don't see what the problem is, call the cops, make a report and list what was stolen and claim it.
yes you can. if you're on my property in the middle of the night and i feel my property is in jeopardy, i have the right to shoot to kill. this is texas. you should know that.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:50 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
yeah, but the thing is i dont even have the money for that now either :-\. UT evo8 (my roommate) like mentioned had his EBC and other stuff stolen, but he got the bad *** pager alarm that can detect i think 500-1000 yards, something like that.. so we will see...
Priorities man, you have to get an alarm if you are considering aftermarket stereo stuff. It sucks but you will get jacked if you don't have one.

Btw: yes Texas law allows for lethal force to protect your property at night, however this isn't a free pass to just blast someone. You'll very likely be arrested and probably will be sued by the thieves family for wrongful death. Assuming the state doesn't prosecute you for any crimes you'll still be out several thousand dollars in legal fees and may end up paying restitution for the rest of your life.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I go outside to my truck to go to a friends house for a meeting.

When I get in my truck, i see my seat is pushed forward, the passenger side door was cracked open and my sliding rear window was open... look down, my 800 dollar amp is ripped out, my Washburn Acoustic guitar (which i just got for xmas) was stolen, and tehy couldnt steal my box/sub (Rockford Fosgate HX2 Power 15" sub) bc it is L bracketed 4 places in the box, and 4 exterior brackets hold it in, but they broke all 4 exterior brackets.

Im ******* livid. Such bullshit. THey fucked up my truck and rip off the **** that I worked hard for. I'm so tired of people in this country that are ******* pieces of ****. ALAS, i cannot wait until I get my CHL and walk out on somebody jacking my ****....

On top of that, I am in the middle of school, and w/ no job, therefore meaning I cant afford to get a new guitar, nor an amp... plus they fucked up my passenger seat, a whole, the size of a half dollar, and all the plastic paneling in the back of my truck...

so for those that have ridden in my little daily driver (danger ranger to my friends), it has no more beat.... sorry fat, no more screw/lil john

i dont know if anything is making sense right now, im just pissed and tired
Here's one for you. Three years ago, I had just bought 2 12" HX2's, a Clarion CD player, 2 sets of Pioneer Premier mids/highs, a 500 watt Punch amp, and a 200watt Pioneer amp. I installed it in my driveway and was done around 6:00pm. I came home that night at about midnight, and went out at 6:00am to find my passenger door wide open and wires hanging out of the car. The subs/box, 2 amps, and my CD player were all gone. They hadn't been in the car 12 hours.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what color is the truck? get that **** dusted for prints. when my white GTA got broken into, Ft. Worth PD sent the crime team down to dust for prints and took a DNA sample (found blood in the car). unfortunatley it didn't come up with any prints or DNA matches, but its always worth a shot since i'd think most people that do **** like that are repeat offenders.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ i understand the priorety thing as i felt my stereo as low key as you coudlnt see it through the back windows, and i still had the stock head unit, i just used a cross over to send the signal to the main amp. I never felt compelled to put an alarm on my truck ( i have had this system for 3 years now)

this is the second theft though, the first was on our bronco (Gray and I) we had 2 HE 12's 1000 watt ampu, pioneer premeire head unit... they smashed out our window, bent the door... while getting in the car one guy was cut, so he bled on our seat covers... and one guy grabbed a cd, but dropped it, leaving a fresh finger print... we called the cops, filed a report, they took the print and seat covers... STILL w/ all that, found nobody... and the insurance company gave us ZERO dollars... that is why im not even worried on the insurance and cops... they dont do ****
Old 06-13-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by alexf20c
yes you can. if you're on my property in the middle of the night and i feel my property is in jeopardy, i have the right to shoot to kill. this is texas. you should know that.
i know that applies to your home... but i'm not so sure about your vehicle in a parking lot.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

no matter what anybody says, alarms aren't going to do much (although yes the pager ones can alert you within a range)

in HS my car got broken into sometime between 10-11am, parked in one of the first spots right in plain view, car alarm went off and everything. They broke a window, stole my box and pryed my head unit out of the dash.

It does really **** you off when you work for something and people just can take it from you...

Tyler, the home defender will be ready whenever we find a place lol

but **** like this happens, sometimes theres nothing you can do about it, you just have to accept it and try to not let it bring you down too much. I just try to think about the fact that worse things could have happened

again, sorry bro
Old 06-13-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

always try and keep my **** hidden, keep the dark tint on the ride to... but the day my 2 way pager goes off on my firebird its head smashin time
Old 06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

I still blame Katrina for any crime increase and i will say it here....... Blame Katrina
Old 06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats some messed up ****.... if I caught a guy in the act of going through my car... he better pray that he has health insurance because I would rip his legs right off and shove it down his throat. It should be a law that if you touch another man's car its a manditory death sentence!

-B
Old 06-13-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear that man, its ****** bullshit. I hope you somehow get everything worked out and maybe find the people or person that did it.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Banned

Oh man, that sucks, sorry to hear that. A friend of mine has a Tahoe with about 7 screens in it, an XBOX, 6 10" speakers and 4 12" speakers in a custom box in the back and when we all went riding around in it, he has shirts and comforters covering EVERYTHING, didn't even see the ****. Just a thought next time if you ever get a badass system, but then again, if someone wants it, they'll get it or tear **** up trying to. Yeah, too bad you couldn't have caught their asses. Oh and who says you cannot pistol whip the hell out of anyone?
Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
I still blame Katrina for any crime increase and i will say it here....... Blame Katrina
I concur,
Old 06-13-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigSteele
no matter what anybody says, alarms aren't going to do much (although yes the pager ones can alert you within a range)

in HS my car got broken into sometime between 10-11am, parked in one of the first spots right in plain view, car alarm went off and everything. They broke a window, stole my box and pryed my head unit out of the dash.

It does really **** you off when you work for something and people just can take it from you...

Tyler, the home defender will be ready whenever we find a place lol

but **** like this happens, sometimes theres nothing you can do about it, you just have to accept it and try to not let it bring you down too much. I just try to think about the fact that worse things could have happened

again, sorry bro

hell yeah, home defender FTW
Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

I learned my lesson a long time ago. Just **** happens
Suck it has happened twice now!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sleek silverado