best fireworks show in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default best fireworks show in DFW?

where in DFW has the best fireworks show on Independence Day?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard somewhere in addison, suppose to be one of the biggest ones around...
Old 07-02-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Benbrook is doing there fireworks tonight over the lake, Dunno why tonight but they are. If you wanted to check that out you could.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Fort Worth Botanical Gardens does a show you can watch off of 30...exit Montgomery street off 30 and anywhere in the area you'll see huge groups of ppl and u can watch
Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Benbrook is doing there fireworks tonight over the lake, Dunno why tonight but they are. If you wanted to check that out you could.
dang... too bad i got this a little late. i'm like right down the street from benbrook.

and for everyone's FYI, i just found this website, which is most of the shows in the area... but doesnt say which ones are the best, so i'm still looking for more input. http://www.guidelive.com/feature/356/

Layz: is the show you are talking about the one this site has listed for the 3rd?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by downshift_me
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens does a show you can watch off of 30...exit Montgomery street off 30 and anywhere in the area you'll see huge groups of ppl and u can watch

or University dr
Old 07-03-2006, 09:25 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
It was in conjunction with a tribute to veterans and disabled military. If you drove down any of the major roads in Benbrook the signs were hard to miss. Several static displays and a few guest speakers. I believe the turnout was around 15k.

I'm pretty sure Lone Star Park is having their fireworks again tonight. It's a pretty big show.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP
It was in conjunction with a tribute to veterans and disabled military. If you drove down any of the major roads in Benbrook the signs were hard to miss. Several static displays and a few guest speakers. I believe the turnout was around 15k.

I'm pretty sure Lone Star Park is having their fireworks again tonight. It's a pretty big show.
Yeah, It was pretty cool and the fireworks were good. I had the best seat....sitting on top of my house in West Park haha. Pays to have the only 2 story house on your street.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BP
says $3 general admission, and fireworks go off after last race, so i'm assuming they shoot them off inside the racetrack?
Old 07-03-2006, 03:14 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
says $3 general admission, and fireworks go off after last race, so i'm assuming they shoot them off inside the racetrack?
Never been but I'd assume so. You can see them fine from the freeway or the parking lot though. They may charge $2 to park, I know they do on weekends. Get there early and do some gambling!

Btw: The best fireworks around here are at PK lake floating in Hell's Gate. You tie up to a bunch of other boats and they shoot the fireworks over the crowd. It does suck heading back to the dock in the dark though, it seems like there are always idiots out there with no lights on.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree
Old 07-04-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

went to the addison fireworks and car meet. fireworks were ok until the end... they just... ended... no real 'finale'. at least, none like i'm used to. hopefully i'll find some good ones a little closer on the 4th.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

just got back from the Hurst fireworks show... 200x better than the addison show last night. definatley recommend them to people for next year. it was just unfortunate that there was no wind so the smoke kinda blocked some of them for a while.

Quick Reply: best fireworks show in DFW?