View Poll Results: So what do you think about the Monday Night Car Meet?
Yes
76.19%
No
11.90%
Not Sure
11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Important message members! Feedback needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Important message members! Feedback needed!

Hey Texas Members! My name is Brandon. I'm not new to the website incase your wandering, I just cant remember my other name, its been awhile. I've been out of the game for quite some time now.

What I'm looking to find out, is if anybody is interested in trying to put together a good size car meet on Monday nights. I miss those old times and I believe I have a great place to meet, eat, and just hang out with plenty of parking spaces and great food. Heres the deal, my parents own a restaraunt out in Old Town Spring. Wunsche Bros. Cafe is the name of it. The town closes early on Mondays, 3 p.m. If enough people are interested in coming out and just having a great time, we're willing to reopen around 5 p.m. and stay open till 9-10 p.m. Below are two links of the once a year car show, LongHorn RodRun, thats held in Old Town Spring. This year, the show is on Sept. 23rd and 24th incase your interested. It usually pulls in about 500 cars in those two days. Great show. The other 3 links are pictures of the restaraunt.

Back to the topic, if I receive enough feedback on people willing to show up Monday nights, I'm able to schedule staff to work it. We will have a full kitchen, full bar and plenty of room for people to come in and grab some food or drinks and just have a great time. I'll be walking around outside checking out those fly rides and passing out discount coupons for those who brought out their rides to use on food. I'll have drink specials going on for those that want to come inside and have a few drinks and hang out. I also went ahead and posted up our menu for you to check out.

Hopefully we can get this going and have a great time! Let me know how you feel about it LS1Tech. I will say, that the first time some idiot does something stupid and puts people in jeopardy by acting a fool, I will be forced to cancel the meet. Zero tolerance for any Ricky Bobbys out there. So please just enjoy the food and car meet.

LongHorn RodRun:
Longhorn RodRun
Another RodRun Link

Restaraunt Pictures:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Menu:
Menu 1
Menu 2
Menu 3
Menu 4
Old 08-09-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Veteran

GALLERIA AREA PLEASE! lol
Old 08-09-2006, 03:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

cool i ate there the otherr day...! yeah im down for that sounds fun to me. (one of your waitresses is hot lol...an how long has that guy been playing the guitar there?? hes awesome! anyhoo...) awesome burgers
Old 08-09-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Pimp

Default Welcome back to the site..

I'm down for sure!!! What a awesome idea Brandon I think Houston needs this sort of thing. The RKC meet in Dallas started with the support of a place just like this and now the meet goes 500 strong every week!

PS. Guys I have ate at this place before, and it is awesome! Great food, full bar, lots of great parking, and a badass staff! What more could you ask for?

IN FOR SURE!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

i'm interested!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
cool i ate there the otherr day...! yeah im down for that sounds fun to me. (one of your waitresses is hot lol...an how long has that guy been playing the guitar there?? hes awesome! anyhoo...) awesome burgers
Awesome guitar player? Did you eat on friday or saturday night? His name is Dan Golvach. He's our best entertainer we have. Whats really sad about that, is the night you heard him playing, he was in so much pain, he went to the emergency room later that night after he left our restaraunt. He's been going through alot with this disease he's been fighting, and when he came to work saturday, we tried getting him to go to the hospital because he was in pretty bad shape, he told us NO. He said he promised some customers he was going to be there, and he ended up staying the whole time, 7-10:30. After everybody left, few guys from the restaraunt helped him load his things up and he took off to the hospital. The guy is awesome....
Old 08-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by _Zac
I'm down for sure!!! What a awesome idea Brandon I think Houston needs this sort of thing. The RKC meet in Dallas started with the support of a place just like this and now the meet goes 500 strong every week!
PS. Guys I have ate at this place before, and it is awesome! Great food, full bar, lots of great parking, and a badass staff! What more could you ask for?
IN FOR SURE!
Thanks for the comments Zac!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd be interested! Nothing else to do on Monday nights anyways.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

A little drive for me but I'd be up for it for sure...great idea Brandon and thanks for the hospitality!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

if im ever in houston, i would be in
Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'd be interested! Nothing else to do on Monday nights anyways.
Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
A little drive for me but I'd be up for it for sure...great idea Brandon and thanks for the hospitality!
Actually my parents live in Spring. I'm still living in Pearland. So its about a 30-35 min drive for me as well. I'm leaving for work now and off to the Astros game tonight! Sounds like everything is going great so far. Hopefully more people will chime in and give me some feedback. Thanks for the comments!

BTW, lovin the SS...DJ!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

great place to eat...i would be down!!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

hell yea man OTS is close to me....finally i dont have to drive too far to a car show
Old 08-09-2006, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

I would be able to make it some nights and the food is great. The longhorn rodrun is awesome too, my parents have brought their clasic out to the show a few times and loved it. 2002 camaro SS cam, LT's ect 6200 miles
Old 08-09-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was wondering where the show went, i went one year and was amazed
Old 08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Yep, good food. Been there many times.

I might show up occasionally. We used to do that a lot when I first got to Houston, but too many ricers and wannabes ended up showing up and showing off. Cops came shut things down real quick.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

bump... need more feedback... we need a nice meet
Old 08-09-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Pimp

I posted a link to this on HPD..

bump for more feedback!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i live in sugar land and might make the trip once a month, every other month.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Thanks alot everyone for the wonderful compliments about the food and place. We really appreciate it.

Hopefully if we're able to kick this meet off, the people that would usually act a fool will act alittle more mature. I can say that, as long as I can remember, OTS has always been closed around 3 or so on Monday for the longest time now. Its really a great chance to have a car meet and have a small town to ourselves. Like I said, I live in Pearland myself. I make the 40 min drive to work, so on Monday nights, which I never work Mondays anyways because we close early, I'm willing to change my schedule and work Mondays so I'm already up there and able to have the restaraunt ready to roll for us.

Thanks again for the compliments! My parents and I really appreciate the kind words!