Plan on buying a sport bike soon, help me decide.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006 | 11:28 AM
Curveball TECH

Nice post oscar

I could be wrong on this, but you really need to check with your health insurance and make sure they will cover bike wrecks. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 08-16-2006 | 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

My suggestion....don't pick up the shiny one off the showroom floor. Go find a descent used one....there's plenty of low mileage bikes out there for sale. Get a good deal. If you drop in the driveway it won't hurt as much. Plus, if you realize you don't like riding, you didn't just loose your *** on a new one.

I only say that because I've been through 4 used street bikes and finally ready to buy a NEW one. Looking at the new R1's. As said in previous posts, no incredible difference between the liter bikes and the smaller 600's....that applies to both rider position and seat of the pants feel. Yeah, the liter's rip it up, but if you can't USE the power correctly, you're just wasting money. I've ridden a Busa and although it felt comfortable, the weight was something I wasn't used to....definately the liter bike's advantages over the "sport turing" bikes. My last bike was a 2002 R1 and I had absolutely no complaints about it...hence why I'm looking for a new one.

If you insist on buying new, go sit on every bike out there. Each brand has a different feel to them. I'm 6'2" so I am kind of picky about the rider's stance.

Regardless, keep a cool head...rubber side down, shiny side up!!

Quick Reply: Plan on buying a sport bike soon, help me decide.