think daddy might be getting back in the game!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default think daddy might be getting back in the game!!!!!!!!

Last week i was bored at work,so i went through my old pals from hpe's web site,and watched all the *** cracking videos my car made.

I started thinking my bmw is cool,but i had the most fun racing.

The bmw will be put up for sale by the end of the month,when that happens, chuck,i will be hunting me a chassis.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Resident

bro I got your chassis..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/562127-fs-25-2-camaro-roller.html

I'll even bring it to you..
Old 09-13-2006, 08:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Jason, buy Nitro Dave's hugger SS Camaro. All it needs is a rearend and you would have a sharp drag car. He posted an ad here yesterday.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason, if your going to do it your going to have to make a low 8 sec car to 7's and go for the record. Hope your ready to spend a ton of money and have down time like before. It is your choice, but I would rather have a nice street car and drag it every once in a while. Something like a nice C6, with a magnacharger and heads cam would be awesome. You still get to drive it on the street and still race at the track. Just have to put a nice rearend in it. Either way good luck....

J

PS if I was going to get back into the game, you might want to look at my old car if still available. It is done right and has a new motor, not sure if Rob has sold it yet or not..
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I agree with Jet, except on the Corvette. It is MUCH more fun to have a fast street car that you can cruise around in and go race whenever you want. Corvettes aren't very good for drag racing, they break too easily because of the rearend. Build a single turbo (like 88mm) f-body, something that would run low 9s and keep the A/C and remain streetable
Old 09-13-2006, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

Keep the BMW, and build the race car a bit at a time. You need both.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I wonder if Jason has a girlfriend right now. That is when guys usually start trying to sell off their pimp rides. haha. If he was still single, the pimp ride would have higher priority
Old 09-13-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by badbluess
Last week i was bored at work,so i went through my old pals from hpe's web site,and watched all the *** cracking videos my car made.

I started thinking my bmw is cool,but i had the most fun racing.

The bmw will be put up for sale by the end of the month,when that happens, chuck,i will be hunting me a chassis.

Hell yea Jasson, give me a call on my cell to talk about the new setup
Old 09-13-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

IMO,Keep the BMW, unless you have DEEP, I mean DEEP pockets to build a clean race car like Justin Curry, and others running the top dogs in TT5. Hell theres more in life then throwing every cent into a race car. IMO

B
Old 09-13-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Jason has a girlfriend from what he has said and Jeff told me.

As for cars, Tony is correct a vette doesn't make a great drag car, but sure makes a lot of fun on the street and track but have to build a rearend in it to handle the power. There is a company that does that, they have different stages for the rearend in the vetts. I am sure that should hold enough to make some passes.

I also know if your going to want to drag a car, then you might also want to start out slow and drive it yourself, and get up to mid to high 9's and have fun doing it. That is what I would do. Go for the street car / everyonce in a while drag race it. Would be a lot more fun...

As for wasting money, I would hate to see the depreciation hit on that BMW now. Believe me I see what my caddy is worth now woo talk about depreciation hit, you could have bought another camaro by the time you bought it and sold it LOL

J
Old 09-13-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strini SS
IMO,Keep the BMW, unless you have DEEP, I mean DEEP pockets to build a clean race car like Justin Curry, and others running the top dogs in TT5. Hell theres more in life then throwing every cent into a race car. IMO

B

Hmmm Deep pockets, I would imagine since they are building a very VERY expensive house 6000+sqft and Jasons room is the biggest in the whole house since he is in charge I am sure that he can have anything he wants. No doubt that he can build what he wants in a car. I kind of figure that if you have a 65-70K car now, that you are not hurting to bad.

Last edited by JETG; 09-13-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JETG
Hmmm Deep pockets, I would imagine since they are building a very VERY expensive house 6000+sqft and Jasons room is the biggest in the whole house since he is in charge I am sure that he can have anything he wants. No doubt that he can build what he wants in a car. I kind of figure that if you have a 65-70K car now, that you are not hurting to bad.

Never said once he was hurting, I didn't know Jason was building a new house or was it his parents that was building a new house? Not tying to turn this into a pissing match, Just stating race cars aren't cheap to get to a competitive level 80k+ upfront, either way do what you like J.

B
Old 09-13-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey just so you know I didn't mean anything by what I said and no pissing match from me. As for building a house, ya it is his parents, but Jasons room will be the biggest in the whole house from what I understand. I am sure with that house being as big as it is, I don't think that Jason will be going anywere till he is 90 LOL... and you are 100% correct race cars are hell of expensive. I say the same thing Jason do what you want, but if it was me I would have a street car / drag car. A TON more fun that way

J
Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 PM
it is on low boost

Sold my chassis yesterday. The engine is next!

Not good investments.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey just so you know I didn't mean anything by what I said and no pissing match from me. As for building a house, ya it is his parents, but Jasons room will be the biggest in the whole house from what I understand. I am sure with that house being as big as it is, I don't think that Jason will be going anywere till he is 90 LOL... and you are 100% correct race cars are hell of expensive. I say the same thing Jason do what you want, but if it was me I would have a street car / drag car. A TON more fun that way

J
Word on the street car..

B

Last edited by Strini SS; 09-13-2006 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No offense,but im not going to be like justin curry,my dad doesnt care to much for racing,so i dont have him as a sponsor.

Jason, if your going to do it your going to have to make a low 8 sec car to 7's and go for the record. Hope your ready to spend a ton of money and have down time like before. It is your choice, but I would rather have a nice street car and drag it every once in a while. Something like a nice C6, with a magnacharger and heads cam would be awesome. You still get to drive it on the street and still race at the track. Just have to put a nice rearend in it. Either way good luck....
h
PS if I was going to get back into the game, you might want to look at my old car if still available. It is done right and has a new motor, not sure if Rob has sold it yet or not..

I would kinda like a rolling chassis already done up.
As for the motor,it WILL NOT BE A LS1.....

ALL I got to say is nizer.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No offense,but im not going to be like justin curry,my dad doesnt care to much for racing,so i dont have him as a sponsor.

Either way nizer or not, the rolling chassie will cost min anything that is worth is will be 20ish on the low side.

Then a motor, no matter what it is will cost about say 30ish with all accessories to run the car, and that is a min.

SO your looking at a min of 50K CASH to start, and that I am sure is way on the light end. That is buying and stealing and rapeing people to get what you want.

So my opinion again will be to get a street car and have fun, once you have a garage like Tony, then think about getting a drag car for fun. I promise you will get bored again and sell the drag car, so why waste the money. Just get a nice street car that hauls a$$ and looks awesome and live the life of a BALLER....

J
Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
it is on low boost

Ya got some good insurance ova therrr?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick K
Ya got some good insurance ova therrr?

BY GOD,IM TELLIN U!!!!!!

YOU GONNA BE DOWN DARE ALL DAY??????
Old 09-13-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic