Roger Clements on Roids

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:57 PM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's his 4 year old son that "trains" with him

Anywho, there was a rumor floating around that Clemens was secretly suspended the first half of the year for steroids...and it made sense to me. Was it true? Who cares.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RyanJ

Anywho, there was a rumor floating around that Clemens was secretly suspended the first half of the year for steroids...and it made sense to me. Was it true? Who cares.
Do you honestly believe in a sports world over publicized by ESPN there would be such thing as a secret suspension?

Hell, it's against the LAW to disclose Grand Jury testimony and that leaked... I don't think a suspension to a hall of fame pitcher like Clemens could be kept under wraps.

Good pictures CP. At one point, McGuire could make his biceps touch when he flexed.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RyanJ

I knew it was his son, just looks liek he picked up a trick or treater and is going to rip his legs from his torso in that pic.

Trains with, eh?

Old 10-06-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Roger is still great in my book.
I really could careless if he had a little sum sum from time to time
I'am sure alot of the greats have had a little taste of something
Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was the milk that helped Mark.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by I <3 80057
"**** the kids." - Chris Rock
Originally Posted by hawgs
Is that your motto or just a hobby?
Wow, you can change quotes, good for you. So how is Rogers' satchel?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Curveball TECH

Originally Posted by DSIM
And uhh, what do we attribute that to.... natural talent?

Without being in that situation, I cant give you an honest opinion. What I would hope I would do is work on batting. If I want to bulk up, do it the natural way... in the gym WITHOUT steroids. Besides, I wouldnt have the shadow of my father and his friends over me... personally, thats what I think this is all about.... someone trying to impress his family by being better than them, no matter the costs.
You can hit a peak on strength after a certain age. Steroids let you go beyond your genetic limit. Maybe a persons natural limit just isnt good enough. Sure it will start causing problems eventually because your body isn't built for that. Plus it is very, very hard to put on muscle like that and maintain it while playing 150+ games a year. Position guys and relievers have it the worst. Like pSSychotic said most guys take low dose test year round just for the sake of recovery and to keep their body from breaking down. HGH also has huge benefeits if you can afford an effective dose.

As for highschool, that pisses me off. One, because I have been friends with/known about guys that have gone D1 or signed for more than $400k out of highschool that juiced. It makes such a big difference at that age. It's hard to tell those guys they were dumb. Because of it they're now paying for 60-95% of steep college tuition or driving escalades at 18.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T.t.t.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:38 PM
SSU Moderator

Originally Posted by hawgs
Do you honestly believe in a sports world over publicized by ESPN there would be such thing as a secret suspension?

Hell, it's against the LAW to disclose Grand Jury testimony and that leaked... I don't think a suspension to a hall of fame pitcher like Clemens could be kept under wraps.

Good pictures CP. At one point, McGuire could make his biceps touch when he flexed.
And I suppose you think Jordan just "decided" to stop playing basketball at the peak of his talent/career/marketability on a loaded *** team with a bad *** coach. No...he gambled a ton and was "asked" in secret to leave basketball so that the attention was away from him and the NBA, 1.5 yrs was enough...he came back...3 more rings.