My Trans AM got pulled over , BS ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My Trans AM got pulled over , BS ticket!

Long story short me and my girlfriend get into a fight and I get into my car and take off, its a little after 3 AM and I am driving up 59 North by Fondren. I pull up to a light and this guy in this honda civic pulls up next to me and starts revving his vehicle and says "hey white guy is that a v-8" and I wasnt in the mood because of the fight with my girlfriend and didnt answer him and just keeped on looking straight. Then he says "hey I am talking to you!" and pulls out a gun and flashes it at me! Luckily the light turned green and I take off in my trans am, I barely screeched the tires and I look behind me and notice headlights that look like a cop (have the yellow marker in the middle) and I immediately get off the accelerator and look at my speedo and I am at 48 in a 45 mph zone and see him turn his lights on. I pull in immediately to the mobile one car stereo store right over by Fondren. He comes up to my car really quick and ask for my dl and insurance. I give it to him right there and he comes back from his car and says what was the hurry... and I told him that the car next to me flashed a gun at me and I had every right to take off like I did. I asked him if he could get the plate from his on-dash camera of that car and he just hands me a ticket for "excessive acceleration of speed from a stop" and I tell him that isnt right he pulled over the wrong guy, and he tells me "I dont give a ****, I pulled you over and you are getting the ticket!"

I got his badge number and definitely plan on taking him to court.... just a bunch of BS!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Banned

What is the best way to fight this ticket? I can plea not guilty by mail and then just represent myself in court? Or should I just pay a traffic attorney 100.00 and get out of it?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

I would say **** it and go to court. When you go to trial, I would try to make that cop look like an incompatent fool in front of the judge and jury. You have every right to haul *** out of an unsafe situation. I mean, it might be easier just to get deferred for the ticket, but that cop wasn't doing his job. ****, he wasn't even understanding. Bash on him in court, dude. I'm sure the jury will be on your side and everyone will be looking at the cop nodding their heads.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Launching!

Is this the same as an "exhibition of acceleration" ticket? I received a ticket for that and I had it thrown out. Since they changed the racing law, the other (exh. of acc.) no longer applies. There is no such thing anymore. Good Luck.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

[/QUOTE] I'm sure the jury will be on your side and everyone will be looking at the cop nodding their heads.[/QUOTE]

ive never seen a jury in traffic court...
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you dont live in texas either do ya
Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Dude...he's a cop...they all stick together so it's going to be pretty hard especially when you tell them your story....I doubt it'll be hard for even the judge to understand without actual proof. But honestly when it comes up to your word against any cops...it hardly goes in ur favor, but I guess it's always worth a shot
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 AM
12 Second Club

If you're in Texas, which I assume you are since you're posting here, then you can get that ticket dismissed. As long as you don't go over the speed limit, you can accelerate as fast as you'd like up to the speed limit (provided your tires aren't making noise in doing so.) If the other car was accelerating with you at the same speed but didn't go over the speed limit as well, then he could write you for Contest of Speed.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

i have had one of these and I went to court to fight it and never ever had to say a word and the judge threw it out.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:26 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
you dont live in texas either do ya
That has nothing to do with it. I have never seen a jury for traffic tickets unless you are in teen court.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Why didn't you make a big deal about the guy flashing a gun at you immediately when the cop approached asking for DL and insurance?! Did you get away from that civic hauling *** to 48mph, it just sounds kinda strange.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:34 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does sound a bit off.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

You can have a jury at traffic court, you just have to request it. Go to the PD and Tell an Officer there about the incident and see if they can get an Offense report going. Maybe they can review the tape and get the LP # off the other car.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
That has nothing to do with it. I have never seen a jury for traffic tickets unless you are in teen court.
I've spent many hours in houston municipal court waiting on my attorney and I've seen seen jurors walk for a trial. Most of the time they tell everyone to leave the court room so they can have the trial, but one time I stayed in the court while the trial was going on. The guy did a pretty decent job representing himself. I think if he would have hired an attorney, he wouldn't have had the chance to explain his story as much.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by U2SLOW4ME
You can have a jury at traffic court, you just have to request it. Go to the PD and Tell an Officer there about the incident and see if they can get an Offense report going. Maybe they can review the tape and get the LP # off the other car.
This is a better idea
Old 01-13-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

what do you mean it has nothing to do with it.... of course it does. you have a different court system in your state.

Why didn't you make a big deal about the guy flashing a gun at you immediately when the cop approached asking for DL and insurance?!
yea, that would have been the first thing out of my mouth..... I would not have given him my stuff and waited for him to ask what my hurry was.

your story dosnt sound very believable.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

These kind of stories wonder what our taxes are for. No wonder society doesn't feel safe. Story does sound a bit odd, though. Good luck with it and resolving the girlfriend situation...Gary Sprechter comes to mind
Old 01-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Morbid
If you're in Texas, which I assume you are since you're posting here, then you can get that ticket dismissed. As long as you don't go over the speed limit, you can accelerate as fast as you'd like up to the speed limit (provided your tires aren't making noise in doing so.) If the other car was accelerating with you at the same speed but didn't go over the speed limit as well, then he could write you for Contest of Speed.
My tires did screech a little..... the car next to me was never near me after I left that light.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

I told him about the gun and he said he didn't give a sh*t. He seemed like he was in a hurry, also on the ticket I have he left a lot of empty blanks, no birth date written in, no height written in, and no age written in...... hopefully I can get it dismissed for this as well.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by freni32
My tires did screech a little..... the car next to me was never near me after I left that light.
If he didn't write you for it, then it doesn't matter. The ticket he gave you will be dismissed.

Quick Reply: My Trans AM got pulled over , BS ticket!