Northside vs Southside meet - Apr 21 (Saturday)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't really understand how it was working

i thought it was really fast cars so i didn't go, and it seemed like you had to setup a race with a person on the opposing team ahead of time and race

i would have gladly gone and repped the south but i didn't really understand it
Old 04-21-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Larry
And also what times did the winner and runner up run? Top ten times? Who won, I suppose the North?
it was fun even though alot of people didnt show up..

i had the fastest time i think for a streetcar...9.8 at 139mph..drove it there and drove it back!!!!!!!!!!

i raced Matt Powell, gave him thr move since i was running faster time than he did..we both messed up on the race and his clutch was slipping bad so we didnt get a rematch..
Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Pimp

That was going to be a good race.. I watched the video of it afterward.. Matt and you pretty much left as soon as the light hit and had it gone to the end I think it could have been anyones race. Definitely the highlight race of the day!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had fun cause I mett some new folks that were cool as hell(VIP), and they had some bad *** cars too. I was hoping to see more 9sec cars, but owell. The drive back to Waco was the best tho, we ran into a few C5 Z06 on 290. They all sounded procharged to me, and one blew my doors off. I think they were from MTI, but anyways keep us posted for the next North vs South event.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc300

i had the fastest time i think for a streetcar...9.8 at 139mph..drove it there and drove it back!!!!!!!!!!

i raced Matt Powell, gave him thr move since i was running faster time than he did..we both messed up on the race and his clutch was slipping bad so we didnt get a rematch..
Your car is bad *** man. Car looks killer. Anyways I had fun and got to see some fast cars run. Hopefully the turnout will be better next time.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Duy

Was that your highest mph?

Mine was 140.27........If I ever learn to launch Et will go down!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

I bet you could fool a lot of people on the street. Congratulations! And you did this on radials?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by Larry
I bet you could fool a lot of people on the street. Congratulations! And you did this on radials?
Et streets, but yes he has gone that fast on a 18" drag radial in the past.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

It was actually pretty fun, seally seems to improve every time I go out there
Old 04-22-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _Zac
Et streets, but yes he has gone that fast on a 18" drag radial in the past.
Awesome! Those poor little slow 12 second cars like me wouldn't have had a chance.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wild thing
I give props out to Garrett and whoever else helped putting this event on. It is not easy to plan everything out, get approval from the track etc etc... I hope there is a much better turn out next time around. I mean Houston has the fastest street cars in Texas hands down! Where the hell was everybody? I have been reading that all of these people are going to come out, and all this **** talking has been going on but almost none of those people showed up! I had a great time either way and it was a nice day to be at the track!
Thank you brotha

Again not knowing that Gran Prix and Buzzfest was going on when we planned this we stuck with it after the majority of the people ask me to move it.

John est. 50 cars there, which isnt a bad turn out considering all the other events going on.

I know going in it was going to be a HUGE turnout. Reason for me telling everyone just to show up and have fun.

I should have moved it, but we voted to stay on track.

Next one will be bigger no question ill make sure the only thing going on that day is the North vs South.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ELDIABLO
I had fun cause I mett some new folks that were cool as hell(VIP), and they had some bad *** cars too. I was hoping to see more 9sec cars, but owell. The drive back to Waco was the best tho, we ran into a few C5 Z06 on 290. They all sounded procharged to me, and one blew my doors off. I think they were from MTI, but anyways keep us posted for the next North vs South event.
Vip= VICIOUS INTENSIVE PERFORMANCE. We had a good time even tho it wasnt as bad *** as we thought it was supose to be.We where missing quit a few cars from are club that are bad ***.

Last edited by Rob's 02 SS; 04-22-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:47 PM
8 Second Club

Matt had a best of a 140.5 mph doing his 1st and 2nd gear burnout on the launch. LOL

The Porsche went a 12.7 112mph with my sweet bogging 2.1 60ft (literly people out there can describe my bad *** launches). I know it has a lot more left in it, and even more when summer comes around.

Thanks again Jack for the reassurance about Matt's car. I didn't hear from him for a second and kept thinking .. **** it broke ... It's not good that it happened, but it's also good it wasn't something only we have had happen LOL!! Your car runs bad *** btw!

And Duy I did the same thing one time, except for mine was the opposite. I left it in drive, went to shift to 2nd and ended up in neutral. I was like wtf! because I thought something broke at first.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Pimp

Video!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

had a good time, met a lot of people,had lots of fun on the way there from sam's. Too bad my car broke on the line on the first pass. also thanks rob for the use of the drag radials.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slick red z
had a good time, met a lot of people,had lots of fun on the way there from sam's. Too bad my car broke on the line on the first pass. also thanks rob for the use of the drag radials.
No problem.And i got mine home to.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slick red z
It was good meeting some of you guys. Next time we come down we will actually know some people and have some fun.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

My wife and I were hoping to see a rematch too. Both of you launched pretty hard and both of you dumped at about the same time. Seeing Powell's reverse lights come on made me think he trashed his transmission. Glad to hear that your cars are okay. Y'all will have to run a rematch in the near future.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Had a good time also! One of my customers set up a BBQ pit and had some damn good chicken and ribs. Thanks Reed! To bad the car I finished Friday didnt show up because the owner partied too much Friday night

I'll be there next time in MY ride!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Launching!

had a lot of fun out there, i had the slowest time out there, but will not be for long. had fun out there

Quick Reply: Northside vs Southside meet - Apr 21 (Saturday)