Northside vs Southside meet - Apr 21 (Saturday)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Z06
"few years back" a head and cammed Z06 would do its fair share of *** whooping.
That is true, and I'd say it still would judging from the way I've seen some of these big HP north side cars run at the track..

:still stirring:

Last edited by _Zac; 01-18-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
Damn, wheres the love...??

Jeff your right. I hardly ever make the north side gtg's...most of the time its just too damn far away for me...so call me a southeastern that will represent the SOUTH!!!!!!!!

So Garrett count me in man sounds like alot of fun...
New I could count on you to be down with this event LOL!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Banned

I don't understand why a car with an A3 can't run in the street class? Heck I drive mine from NW Houston to Baytown, run multiple passes, then drive it back home with no problems at all. Gas mileage sucks but its very streetable.

Also, is there any restriction on tires? M/T ET's and Hoosier QTP's ok?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by U LUZ
I dont know G you want to run me heads up for some cash???? My car makes 500rwhp less than yours does..Im a south side guy.
"real race cars have 3 pedals"

All BS aside hope to see you out there bro.

Originally Posted by _Zac
That is true, and I'd say it still would judging from the way I've seen some of these big HP north side cars run at the track..

:still stirring:
touché

I do remember a flamed vette and an 06 viper heading down to mexico a few months back and removing any thought of "fast" cars down there
Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
I don't understand why a car with an A3 can't run in the street class? Heck I drive mine from NW Houston to Baytown, run multiple passes, then drive it back home with no problems at all. Gas mileage sucks but its very streetable.

Trying to make it fair for everyone.

Again you will be paired up with someone in your class.

Its on a point system, win a few races in your class and you did your job for your side.

End result is to just have fun and get to know other houstonians that are not from your area.

This is not a "ALL OUT" outlaw drag event.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

because it wouldnt be fair to the the rest of the street cars..most of them are manuals...and because they are scared!!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:24 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300
because it wouldnt be fair to the the rest of the street cars..most of them are manuals...and because they are scared!!
I am not scared to run anyone, but lets face it autos are easy to drive.
Jeff
Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Same implies if we setup a roadcourse event, I am sure the automatic cars would want some kind of handicap.

Keep brainstorming on better "rules" to imply and we will add them to the content.

I have thought about limiting it to tire size. But we all know there are ways around that as well.

We have till April to finalize the rules. Reason for me posting this early.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned

I guess my point is that my TH400 doesn't make my car any faster than a 4L60E or 4L80E. It just makes it more reliable at a lower cost. The gear ratios are close to being the same. The overdrive doesn't even come into the equation because its not even used!

If there are going to be rules, I think it should be a power adder class and non-power adder class. Obviously, nitrous and boosted cars have a HUGE advantage over all motor cars.

As far as 6-speeds vs auto debate. To each his own. I like em both. But I like autos because I cant afford to keep changing clutches every 6 months. Some of us has mortgage payments, wife and kid payments, the whole nine yards. I have to stretch my money to make it all work.

As far as the unlimited class, I'm not about to line up next to an 8 second viper because my car is not nearly that fast! I guess I'm stuck in the middle with no where to go but home

Last edited by 1320FEVER; 01-18-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone explain why it matters if i have carpet or not?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Launching!

I guess my point is that my TH400 doesn't make my car any faster than a 4L60E or 4L80E. It just makes it more reliable at a lower cost. The gear ratios are close to being the same. The overdrive doesn't even come into the equation because its not even used!

As far as the unlimited class, I'm not about to line up next to an 8 second viper because my car is not nearly that fast! I guess I'm stuck in the middle with no where to go but home
Your right in your case it might not. But unfortunately you are in between and from the sounds of it your car on spray will outrun most of the 6spd cars as it sits.

This is always a gray area. But again it wouldn't be fair to setup you to run a 408 car with a 6spd either.

Don't worry to much about it, just have fun.

If there are going to be rules, I think it should be a power adder class and non-power adder class. Obviously, nitrous and boosted cars have a HUGE advantage over all motor cars.
Good idea, and this might be taken into effect

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
can someone explain why it matters if i have carpet or not?
Again we are trying to eliminate a car that can pull up hollow out his car on race day slap it all back in and go home.

- If you want to run in the street class add what is needed to race in it.

Again the poweradder idea, is a great idea and it might be taken into effect.

We have time to get these rules ironed out so everyone can understand and have an even playing field.

cheers
G
Old 01-18-2007, 08:55 PM
8 Second Club

I don't remember a flamed Vette or Viper showing up. LP would have been there with bells, whistles, and his CCW Drag Pack to race both of the cars from a dead stop.. Can't be TOO afraid of the little MTI car that could *cough* fastest 6-spd N/A Vette in Texas *cough*

We'd bring the LP's car out, but after the last $3500, I mean track trip it's not really worth it anymore until he gets nitrous. It probably won't break this time because we got a brace, and it shouldn't wheel hop. I just don't think its worth it right now considering Matt needs HAL's and a paint job (his is HORRIBLE, and I mean HORRIBLE!).

If I knew I wouldn't blow my clutch out I'd bring the new car out, but even with warranty, I still have to at least buy a disk for it Stage 2 disk is $2300

I'm down to come watch and help any of the southside people work on their cars.

-Powell

I do remember a flamed vette and an 06 viper heading down to mexico a few months back and removing any thought of "fast" cars down there
Old 01-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I don't remember a flamed Vette or Viper showing up. LP would have been there with bells, whistles, and his CCW Drag Pack to race both of the cars from a dead stop.. Can't be TOO afraid of the little MTI car that could *cough* fastest 6-spd N/A Vette in Texas *cough*
Dont recall you guys being out there.

Lets set something up with LP when he gets his nitrous installed

If I knew I wouldn't blow my clutch out I'd bring the new car out, but even with warranty, I still have to at least buy a disk for it Stage 2 disk is $2300
Keep it stock you shouldnt have a problem

- Dr. Joe on HPD has plenty of info for you when it comes to modding those things.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

Your right in your case it might not. But unfortunately you are in between and from the sounds of it your car on spray will outrun most of the 6spd cars as it sits.

This is always a gray area. But again it wouldn't be fair to setup you to run a 408 car with a 6spd either.

Don't worry to much about it, just have fun.
Hey thats cool. I can always take the bottle out and unhook everything and just run all motor. Thats what I do about 95% of the time anyway. If y'all decide to create an all motor class I'd rather do that. I'd be more competitive because I know for a fact that there are faster N2 and boosted cars than mine. I'm just out to have fun.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Hey thats cool. I can always take the bottle out and unhook everything and just run all motor. Thats what I do about 95% of the time anyway. If y'all decide to create an all motor class I'd rather do that. I'd be more competitive because I know for a fact that there are faster N2 and boosted cars than mine. I'm just out to have fun.

Sounds good hope to see you out there

Again I think the power-adder class is a great idea
Old 01-19-2007, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

G, just keep things simple. The more complicated rules and classes get, the more people will bitch about things. Everyone thinks that a class should be built around their particular car, and will cry if they think they can't win.

Focus on having FUN, less about car specs.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

yeah..keep it simple....first no aftermarket tranny, and now a separate class for power adder...whats next? a class for 2 power adders??

i guess its going to be me vs DJ..
Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

yeah..keep it simple....first no aftermarket tranny, and now a separate class for power adder...whats next? a class for 2 power adders??

i guess its going to be me vs DJ..
No, I guess it means you will be by yourself because I think DJ's has a factory transmission.

If I remember right, there is someone on this board with an 8 sec Camaro that might be a good race for you...
Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

No, I guess it means you will be by yourself because I think DJ's has a factory transmission.

If I remember right, there is someone on this board with an 8 sec Camaro that might be a good race for you...

i know they are trying to eliminate me..but they cant...i have my factory transmission back in my supra now!

and for that 8 second camaro..bring it

Last edited by sc300; 01-19-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Launching!

i know they are trying to eliminate me..but they cant...i have my factory transmission back now!

and for that 8 second camaro..bring it

You running the supra in the street class

And the 240 in unlimited?

Quick Reply: Northside vs Southside meet - Apr 21 (Saturday)