License Plate cover up

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007 | 11:51 PM
Banned

Default License Plate cover up

Does anyone know where you get the plates that fog up when you push a button and tint dark where no one can read the plates, I was at a meet in San Antonio a while back and he had this glass plate over the plate and it would tint really dark at the push of a button so you couldnt read the plate. Just curious how much those cost
Old 01-17-2007 | 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never seen one before but they sounds pretty cool.

Of course you know that you can't legally have ANYTHING covering your plates (even the clear ones are illegal).
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:04 AM
Banned

someone on here just pmed me, www.stealthkit.com
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't see the point.. unless you're trying to hide your lp from the police. by that point, though, you're already screwed.
Old 01-18-2007 | 12:50 AM
Banned

in downtown houston we have tons of cameras that send you tickets in the mail, also if you get into road rage ever they can track you back with your plate number where you live.....or for the drug deals
Old 01-18-2007 | 01:35 AM
TECH Pimp

Ibusedtoscamthebeltway
Old 01-18-2007 | 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

**click here to order**
Old 01-18-2007 | 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by freni32
in downtown houston we have tons of cameras that send you tickets in the mail, also if you get into road rage ever they can track you back with your plate number where you live.....or for the drug deals
Or you could just stop running red lights.
Old 01-18-2007 | 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Or you could just stop running red lights.
People that complain about the red light cameras being a money maker for the city need to figure one thing out. If you stop running the red lights then its not a money maker for the city and the city wont put them up. Seems like a simple way to fight the system but no your going to go spend tons of money to break the law and maybe even kill some one.

SO STOP RUNNING THE RED LIGHTS!

I drive around these streets with my 2 year old son in the car and if you hit me because you just had to make that light chances are I would be sitting in jail for a long time but at least I know that you wouldnt do it to another person.

The light turnes yellow. STOP.
Old 01-18-2007 | 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

here ya go Freni32 https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/642665-anyone-trade-my-procharger-your-stock-setup.html
Old 01-18-2007 | 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by greggvh
People that complain about the red light cameras being a money maker for the city need to figure one thing out. If you stop running the red lights then its not a money maker for the city and the city wont put them up. Seems like a simple way to fight the system but no your going to go spend tons of money to break the law and maybe even kill some one.

I drive around these streets with my 2 year old son in the car and if you hit me because you just had to make that light chances are I would be sitting in jail for a long time but at least I know that you wouldnt do it to another person.

If you did any research you would know that the city doesnt own the camera lights...a third party owns them... they get a % of every ticket issued by houston police department. I got one of those in the mail and never even running the light, also its very easy with computers to change the color of the light from green to red to make some money on the cuts.

Also this would be great for the toll roads
Old 01-18-2007 | 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

If you did any research you would know that the city doesnt own the camera lights...a third party owns them... they get a % of every ticket issued by houston police department. I got one of those in the mail and never even running the light, also its very easy with computers to change the color of the light from green to red to make some money on the cuts.

Also this would be great for the toll roads
Dont tell me to do my resarch on them. This is the biggest complaint from anti-red light camara people. Im just using there complaint. I dont have to worry about it because I dont run red lights.

And if you are looking for this so bad then you push your luck often enough and this makes me not beleive that you did not run the red light that you got the ticket for.

OMG a little peroniod there arnt we.....they change the color of the light from green to red to make some money. At 33 years old I have never seen a light go green to red. And dont you think that if everyone on that day that got tickets complained about it that it would raise a red flag. Ya just not buying into this.

I sit at the 610 and Westimer every night to go home and I love to watch the camara go off everytime that light turns red and people run it. I bet if you ask most of them they would tell you they did not run the red light either. Well guess what THEY DID.

Slow down...Stop at red lights...And pay your fair share to use the road.
Old 01-18-2007 | 06:54 PM
TECH Regular

And pay your fair share to use the road.
Toll roads are a government scam
Old 01-18-2007 | 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

$300 a pop seems pretty steep IMO, id rather sit at the light!!
Old 01-18-2007 | 07:01 PM
Banned

Dont tell me to do my resarch on them. This is the biggest complaint from anti-red light camara people. Im just using there complaint. I dont have to worry about it because I dont run red lights.

And if you are looking for this so bad then you push your luck often enough and this makes me not beleive that you did not run the red light that you got the ticket for.

OMG a little peroniod there arnt we.....they change the color of the light from green to red to make some money. At 33 years old I have never seen a light go green to red. And dont you think that if everyone on that day that got tickets complained about it that it would raise a red flag. Ya just not buying into this.

I sit at the 610 and Westimer every night to go home and I love to watch the camara go off everytime that light turns red and people run it. I bet if you ask most of them they would tell you they did not run the red light either. Well guess what THEY DID.

Slow down...Stop at red lights...And pay your fair share to use the road.

i dont run red lights by the way, i always stop at them. its easy for them to snap a picture of your plate and then on there computer change the color of the light when it shows your vehicle in the middle of the intersection.
Old 01-18-2007 | 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont run red lights by the way, i always stop at them. its easy for them to snap a picture of your plate and then on there computer change the color of the light when it shows your vehicle in the middle of the intersection.
:sigh:

Government conspiracy therorist.

Well, if you think somebody actually has TIME to sit there and photochop those pics, then I think you need your head examined.
Old 01-18-2007 | 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

-Mike
Old 01-19-2007 | 01:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
lol well sh*t if I made a cut from a % of people that ran the lights... why not "alter" it
Old 01-19-2007 | 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra

first thought: Dukes of Hazzard..
Old 01-19-2007 | 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol **** like that is what ruins threads. if he didnt ask for opinions, then they probably arent wanted.

Last edited by 2KnbmTA; 01-19-2007 at 04:11 AM.