Old 01-19-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Perry's it is really nice

www.perrysrestaurants.com
Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man, most of these places people are recomending are nice but they're way too over priced, there are lots of nice restaurants that wont cost u an arm and a leg and have very good food.

check these out, they're moderately priced and the food is amazing.

1) Hugo's. its on wedtheimer, best authentic mexican(not tex-mex!) food i've ever had, probably my favorite restaurant. very romantic.

2) Cava Bistro. its downtown on main st. very romantic, small restaurant, great food. its continental food. but it has a lot of italian middle eastern influences.

3) Strip House. only if u really want to spend big bucks. best steak house in houston by far. its on mckinney.

u cant go wrong with either one of these.

what anniversary are y'all celebrating?

my 2 years with my gf is coming up on d 29th, but i fell like i've done everything 4 her already. i ran out of places to take her. im jusst gonna take her to subway let her get ANYTHING off the menu
Old 01-19-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks, im glad i asked....this is our 6 year anni. so id like to take her someplace nice....

money isnt a problem (i won 1000 at La Burge today )

i want steak, ive seen yall mentioned:Strip House, Anthony's Steakhouse , sullivan's steakhouse, and America's....out of these which one is the nicest one? any others?

btw: i hate cheese cake, she is the one that likes the cheese cake bs.....
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

definitely strip house. its very sexy in there. red leather, dark and intimate. they even have pictures of 20's pin up girls on the walls. its very tasteful though, check this out...it's not a strip club or anything, CLICK ME!

vic and anthony's is for old people. sullivan's is not that good. americas is ok. another good one is mortons.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Second here for America's. I think the food is pretty good with a cool atmosphere. I've taken my GF there a few times and she always wants to go back.
Sullivan's is okay, but you could probably do better at another restaurant for the same amount of money.
From what I remember (and I could be wrong), Perry's has a Bananas Foster that they come and prepare at your table while you watch. I thought it was cool because they used a torch to prepare dessert and is really good. I know it's a novelty... I like shiny things too. You might consider this for a dessert spot.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cheesecake tehre is amazing, even if u dont like cheesecake. Its a few steps above tgif but its still a chain restaurant. Prices are fair i guess, especially for the amount of food you get served, but i wouldnt go there for fancy food/anniversary dinner...imho
Old 01-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

I took my wife to Pappas Steakhouse on westheimer for our anniversary and our food was very good. I would highly recommend it.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

We ended up going to Ruth's Chris Steak House...it was pretty nice....we enjoyed it....
Old 01-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1stz06
Not a place I would call real nice. Reminds me of TGIF.

Take her to America's on Post Oak. Very nice atmophere, not too fantsy, and they have one of the best steaks I have ever had. Prices are reasonable, expect to spend $50-$60 per person plus drinks.

Make reservations- 713.961.1492
+1. Definately some good food. My neighbor is the manager there so I've been a couple times and have never had anything less than excellent