2007 z06 vs. NEON vs. 2004 z06 ***video***

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:59 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I am anti FWD, but I agree above, FAST=FAST, atleast it isnt a stock high 13 sec. neon talkin chit.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, let me get this straight the worlds fastest neon runs 10.2 in the 1/4. Matts vette would rape that on gas, and prob run very close to that on motor. Their are so many street cars in houston alone (ls1 based) that would walk all over a 10.2. So, I dont see why this has even gone this far. As for this stage 3 neon I raced one in Zac's cobra with the top dropped, and he informed us he ate cobras all of the time. Needless to say I waved him to go and blew his doors off. If you want to talk it race it. I would be more than happy to race a stage 3 neon in my car, Zac's car, or matt's car. **** Chris would in the Turbo.

Thomas
Old 01-26-2007, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this was on a neon by the way with 550hp
Old 01-26-2007, 12:22 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer

this was on a neon by the way with 550hp
LMAO

I love that move. Very nice form and technique on that stroke. Looks like a J stroke from here.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

row the boat kids
Old 01-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
So, let me get this straight the worlds fastest neon runs 10.2 in the 1/4. Matts vette would rape that on gas, and prob run very close to that on motor. Their are so many street cars in houston alone (ls1 based) that would walk all over a 10.2. So, I dont see why this has even gone this far. As for this stage 3 neon I raced one in Zac's cobra with the top dropped, and he informed us he ate cobras all of the time. Needless to say I waved him to go and blew his doors off. If you want to talk it race it. I would be more than happy to race a stage 3 neon in my car, Zac's car, or matt's car. **** Chris would in the Turbo.

Thomas
you wouldnt win. I would give you a cookie if you did.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by moltenice
you wouldnt win. I would give you a cookie if you did.
Well, maybe you are right jesus how fast are these stage IIIs now? Are they traping high 120s low 130s? The ones that I have raced sure were not. Fine for arguement sake lets say I had gas on my car a 150 shot, but still on pump... the pump that says 93 for you neon guys. I don't see anyway in hell a stage III would run with my car or the people I listed cars on motor forget the gas. I mean how fast are these cars? I have seen lots of 12s passes, and I personally have never seen one dip into the 11s with my own eye's. Rockys car raced Zac's cobra, mind you Rocky was a stage III on 116, and it did not fair very well. Even the fast one that was all raced out only went 106mph in the 1/8. Chris was going 102mph in the 1/8 in his drop top 98 cobra 6 years ago. For christ sake Mike Whitehouse's impala traps faster than that in the 1/8 on the old setup, and that is a boat, and has four windows to row out of. I'm not saying the neon is not fast, but I would love to see a street neon dip into the low 10s on pump gas. I'm just saying if they are that fast I would love to see it, and or race one. Lets not talk about the 800fwhp neon and how fast it is lets talk about our cars. How fast is your stage III at the track? Myself included I don't think half the people on here know what the hell makes a stage III neon, or how much power they have. Last I heard a stage III was a "big" turbo, nitrous, meth, and who knows what else. I'm here to learn, and you seem to be the authority on neons. So, please tell us what constitutes a Stage III neon, and how much power do they have.

Thomas
Old 01-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

great post....

Umm well the Stage 3 KIT consits of the following

-Stage 3 Turbo TD05HR-15GK2-10cm2 Turbo Unit and Manifold: 16% larger compressor wheel diameter to flow and compress more intake air, 19% larger turbine wheel diameter to flow more exhaust gas and reduce back pressure, 67% more turbine scroll area for reduced back pressure
-TiAl (Titanium Aluminide) Turbine Wheel with significantly less rotational inertia than the standard Inconel steel; less inertia results in reduced turbo lag and better turbo response.
-High-Flow (180 lph 75 psi) Fuel Pump Module
-Pressure Regulated Fuel Rail Assembly with 4.0 Bar Returnless Regulator and Hose Kit
-(4) 682 cc/min Fuel Injectors
-3.0 bar MAP Sensor
-3.0 bar TIP Sensor
-Turbo Toys Hardware and Components

Increased rev limiter to 6500rpm

the kit alone isnt going to get you too incredibly far. It's the supporting modifications that make it really shine. It seems like alot of the people now are tuning them to the 400whp mark with the right bolt ons. A few vendors are releasing a larger compressor wheel that is suppose to make 450WHP a easy target with a good tune. Figure that and the fact the powerband STARTs at 2900rpm (because of the Tial wheel) and goes to redline, it makes it pretty quick.

The numbers for the just the kit on an otherwise stock SRT are
310WHP 325 Ft-lbs on pump
355WHP 365 Ft-lbs on 100 octane

I have seen Rockys car on video along with the other cobras, LS1's and what not from that area. Quick but I dont think he has many supporting mods. It was a great video though, one of my favorites.

Mine has every bolt on plus a healthy shot of Nitrous. The S3 turbo reacts extremely well to Nitrous. A 75 shot on it is more in the 110whp range.

your car looks pretty sick BTW.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

BTW look at the size of that trunk..... Imagine the amount of groceries I can fit in there. Trips to Costco are a breeze in this thing
Old 01-26-2007, 02:08 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by moltenice
BTW look at the size of that trunk..... Imagine the amount of groceries I can fit in there. Trips to Costco are a breeze in this thing
Yeah too bad you have to get around your parachute mount to put them in there racecar.. BTW I beat Rocky a long time ago since then I have raced faster S3's, but with similar results. See I don't hate neons, just hate cocky kids with chips on their shoulder. As I see it most of the SRT guys are 16 year old punks that got beat up one to many times by their older brothers friend who drove a domestic (IE F body, vette, mustang).
Old 01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

ok so neons are fast. you can make a 10sec pass, but you cant avoid to disappoint yourself when you realize you did it in a Dodge Neon.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
It was a good thread though. Lots of entertainment, but DAMN. Xmdfmk7x is a ******* dipshit! HEY XMDFMK7X.....

Seriously though, that SRT sounds nasty at idle. Runs strong as hell too. That is all.
Man how are you talking **** when my daily driver runs a faster time than your car?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by _Zac
I laughed when I read this cause you have no clue why someone would take out the IRS.. Here have your cookie back I don't need your starving to death on my conscience.
LOL.. I guess it was true, everything really is bigger in Texas except for the IQ's.

You're just a kid that appears to know how to run his mouth more than anything else.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Pimp

Originally Posted by xmdfmk7x
Man how are you talking **** when my daily driver runs a faster time than your car?
And his bike runs circles around anything you have ever owned..
Old 01-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah too bad you have to get around your parachute mount to put them in there racecar.. BTW I beat Rocky a long time ago since then I have raced faster S3's, but with similar results. See I don't hate neons, just hate cocky kids with chips on their shoulder. As I see it most of the SRT guys are 16 year old punks that got beat up one to many times by their older brothers friend who drove a domestic (IE F body, vette, mustang).
thats my trunk above, no parachute mount.

whats your WHP range? I guess your car is suppose to be super sick? Were you in that Houston video? I know there was a yellow cobra in there.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Teching In

And his bike runs circles around anything you have ever owned..
My daily driver can actually move something other than one person, or maybe two if you're lucky, and for reference, I'm not comparing my daily driver to a bike.

You are one cocky kid, maybe you should take a break from the internet and being a sarcastic ******* for a little while to take up a sport or a new hobby.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

LOL.. I guess it was true, everything really is bigger in Texas except for the IQ's.

You're just a kid that appears to know how to run his mouth more than anything else.
I guess that makes the owner of the SRT4 in the video an rtard too then?

And Zac will race anyone, I've never seen him back down from a race.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My daily driver can actually move something other than one person, or maybe two if you're lucky..
We had 4 People in Zac's car last saturday, so your **** out of luck on that comment.

You are one cocky kid, maybe you should take a break from the internet and being a sarcastic ******* for a little while to take up a sport or a new hobby.
Maybe you should go sit on your thumb and not be such a biased moron.

Tony.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

here is one of my favorite videos

Click here to see Video