What kind of weird stuff do you do (OCD)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whenever i get somethin that comes with fries, i eat the fries before touching anything else on the plate because i hate cold fries
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha damn this thread made me feel much better knowing that I am not the only one with insane ocd things.

Car stuff
-Steering wheel has to be straight, all mirrors have to set in a certain way, ac vents have to be positioned in a certain way.
-Fan has to be on low when not being used, temp has to be all the way cold unless it's cold out then it has to be all the way hot or straight up, the third **** has to be on off.
-Cig lighter has to be aligned, pullout cupholder has to be in, ashtray has to be closed.
-Windows ALWAYS have to be the same height (this can be a pain in the *** since I have roll windows in the formula, like if the passenger doesn't put the window all the way down I'll ask them to haha).
-Seats have to always be in certain positions, mine custom and shotgun has to be all the way back or equal.
-I always move the driver floor mat back towards me.
-If the visors arn't being used they have to be put up and be identical.
-If getting gas must be in $5 multiples or a full tank (usually a full tank).
-I'm always tweaking the volume since different songs are different sound levels.
-Radio station presets are in numerical order by station channel.

Non car stuff
-Things always have to be equal, in even numbers or in mutiples of 5, like the tv volume.
-Everything has it's certain place, or way to go, has to be lined up evenly like magazine stacks etc.
-Has to be cold and a fan has to be on for me to sleep at night, even if it is freezing outside I still have a fan on.
-Have to check door locks, and my door has to be closed at night.
-When I get on my comp I check facebook, then email then tech.
-I'm crazy about being clean in my apt, after cooking or eating counters, table etc have to be wiped down so no crumbs are left.
-I'm constantly thinking of how to improve things whether it be driving somewhere to just doing anything, once the quickest most effiecient way is found it stays that way until improved (this can drive me insane if I'm riding with someone and they take a longer way going somewhere than what I know of haha).

That's all I can think of for now, I know I have more though haha
Wow this is a long post and yes I know I am one weird **** but oh well

Last edited by lt197formula; 01-29-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, this is still going? Awesome. I do the same, myspace, email, tech. I'll also randomly start cleaning **** around the house for no reason.

When I grill steak, I put it on a plate with paper towels to thaw out while defrosting. Put it on the grill, cook it. Put it on a plate with paper towel again to absorb excess grease. It always has the perfect amount of juices when I do this. I HATE dried steaks, and seeing how a rib eye is part of my diet since working out again, it damn sure better be perfect.

Nobody eats/drinks/smokes while they are in my cars. Maybe my daily driver truck. I always park my camaro away from everyone else wherever I go, walks are good.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by A&M drty brd
whenever i get somethin that comes with fries, i eat the fries before touching anything else on the plate because i hate cold fries
Whataburger FTW!
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

I enjoy taking shower on the weekends. I take up to 3 a day sometimes on a sat.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought of a few more

-when I stick the radar detector on the windshield, it has to be level and aimed perfectly forward.

-when I put a CD back in the case or the CD holder, the label/text is always right side up so that it is readable.

-I hate it when the outer clicking ring on my Tag wristwatch is one click off. I will then turn it the other 59 clicks to get it back straight.

-my toolbox is super organized, wrenches are all in order by size, clean, etc...

-when I wash or wax a car, it must be perfect and spotless. No wax residue. This really sucks on black vehicles. I don't really care so much about the daily drivers though, just the toys.

-I hate it when a shift **** on a manual car is not straight. That little gear pattern needs to be parallel with the dash. Crooked shifter ***** annoy me.

-mousepad must be parallel with the edge of the desk.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

not just any wristwatch, but a TAG wristwatch

i know...when i jerk it, i have to use my special towel, and i have to sit in a corner

my shoelaces have to be clean and new, even if the shoes are old and dirty, the laces have to look good
Old 01-30-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

speaking of shoelaces, i just bought 2 new pairs of reeboks, and before i wear them, i tie the laces the way i like and make sure that they all face the same direction.

too bad each pair took me like 3 times to get right, cuz i found a twist or something that i didn't catch earlier.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea me too, and i fit the laces to be somewhat loose, so my shoes are just slip ons, tie them up and leave them like that
Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

(shakes head)

I like to sit in other folk's cars and change the seat setting.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I used to be worse, but then I got married and realized that I now only have 50% control around the house and cars. So, every time I get in a car now the seats are wrong, mirror is crooked, steering wheel too low, trash in the cupholder, etc...

Even my loft before I was married was spotless and organized. I gave up trying to keep things like that a few years ago
Old 01-30-2007, 11:42 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Have seen a few of my own quirks in here already.

Just FYI, I'm known on Austin F-body as "OCD Todd". If you've ever seen my '99 Z28, '01 SS or my '02 Z28, you'll know exactly why. (plus the fact I can't seem to stop accumulating Camaros)

NO TRASH in the car. Gotta empty it at every opportunity. Wife drives me crazy when she throws stuff on the floor of her B4C. And NO EATING in the car! Can't stand to spill food in the car. One of the quickest ways to trash an interior (besides smoking in it - don't do that either)

I could type a novel here, but would rather go to lunch.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I count my steps when Im at school and I have to step in each block the same amount of times.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

i guess my only thing is that i have to have at least 2 showers every day, one when i wake up and another before i go to bed. maybe another 1 or 2 during the day if i worked out or go out somewhere. and at night i always sleep on my left or right side, with my body pillow. and if i wake up in the middle of the night i switch sides.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:40 AM
Launching!

ohh i almost forgot ... beer on left hand, ciggs on right!
Old 01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TWS
Have seen a few of my own quirks in here already.

Just FYI, I'm known on Austin F-body as "OCD Todd". If you've ever seen my '99 Z28, '01 SS or my '02 Z28, you'll know exactly why. (plus the fact I can't seem to stop accumulating Camaros)

NO TRASH in the car. Gotta empty it at every opportunity. Wife drives me crazy when she throws stuff on the floor of her B4C. And NO EATING in the car! Can't stand to spill food in the car. One of the quickest ways to trash an interior (besides smoking in it - don't do that either)

I could type a novel here, but would rather go to lunch.
I'll take Squeaky or The Garage Queen.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Well I Basically Have Everything Joe Has On The First Page

I Must Check When I Turn My Comp On....sign Onto Messenger Check Email Then Tech, Then Myspace

I Read Magazines From The Back To The Front Ever Since I Was Small

Everytime I Get Into My Car I Must Hear The Fuel Pump Before I Turn It On

I Must Rev My Car Once Before I Take Off And Once Before I Turn It Off

When I Eat, I Must Get A Peice Of All The Things I Am Eating All At Once, Then Chew

I Always Check My Eyebrow Hair In The Mirror Ever Chance I Get Dunno Why I Dont Have Bushy Eyebrows Or A Unibrow, Just A Habit

I Must Remove The Tab Off Any Canned Drink Before I Drink It

Heres Where It Gets Good...during Sex....i Must And I Repeat Must Give My Gf A Orgasum Before I Do Or Else We Will Never Finish....i Find It Manditory To Do This....im A Giver
Old 01-31-2007, 01:42 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I'll take Squeaky or The Garage Queen.

They make fun of me when I drive either of them. If I accidently go through a puddle, I get pissed off and have to wipe down the wheel wells when i get home. Check the pics. Yes, I have issues.
Attached Thumbnails What kind of weird stuff do you do (OCD)?-squeaky-texas-motorsports-22-july06-004-smaller.jpg   What kind of weird stuff do you do (OCD)?-squeaky-texas-motorsports-22-july06-005-smaller.jpg  
Old 01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS

They make fun of me when I drive either of them. If I accidently go through a puddle, I get pissed off and have to wipe down the wheel wells when i get home. Check the pics. Yes, I have issues.

DAMN TODD U HAVE YOUR OWN LIFT OR WHAT?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

wow i never realized how dirty mine actually was