On the Fence...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007 | 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Take some advice from the biggest car-***** here....me

Cash talks, bullshit walks. No deposit = no sale! I'd expect a minimum of $1K non-refundable deposit paypal'd immediately from a buyer, to hold the vehicle no longer than 1 week for the rest of the funds to be paid. No funds by the end of the week, the next person with a deposit gets a shot.

My C6 was sold to the buyer in Philly because the local guy that wanted it badly didn't leave a deposit when he came to look at the car. He waited one day too long, so the next buyer got it. Car left yesterday on the enclosed transport truck.
Old 02-07-2007 | 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

noooooooooooooooooooooo dont sell it dj....that car is fawking sweet.......dont sell it when u get old-er u will regret it man
Old 02-07-2007 | 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

i just need the word.......
Old 02-07-2007 | 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Take some advice from the biggest car-***** here....me

Cash talks, bullshit walks. No deposit = no sale! I'd expect a minimum of $1K non-refundable deposit paypal'd immediately from a buyer, to hold the vehicle no longer than 1 week for the rest of the funds to be paid. No funds by the end of the week, the next person with a deposit gets a shot.

My C6 was sold to the buyer in Philly because the local guy that wanted it badly didn't leave a deposit when he came to look at the car. He waited one day too long, so the next buyer got it. Car left yesterday on the enclosed transport truck.
Yes Tony you are correct..."CarWhore" is your new, well deserved nickname from now on. Your right about the "cash talks" deal and having some type of deposit to hold the car. I've pm'd/e-mailed everyone that has shown great interest and explained what I need to make this happen. We'll see what happens from there. Thanks for the help and congrats on another sale...

Originally Posted by AMS69
i just need the word.......
Shawn sent ya pm...
Old 02-07-2007 | 03:58 PM
Launching!

Might have someone interested.

Lets at least try to keep this car in Houston
Old 02-07-2007 | 04:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I don't like my cars to stay too close, then I have to kick myself in the *** everytime I see one of them. lol
Old 02-07-2007 | 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

I don't like my cars to stay too close, then I have to kick myself in the *** everytime I see one of them
nah, not really. I quit getting sentimental about cars a long time ago.
C'mon Tony, which one is it
Old 02-07-2007 | 04:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Sentimental isn't the same as seeing a badass car and wishing you could afford to keep them all
Old 02-07-2007 | 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Sentimental isn't the same as seeing a badass car and wishing you could afford to keep them all
uummmm...SW comes to mind.
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:23 PM
Teching In

Are you friggin crazy???!! Time to apply for a loan...dork.
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:25 PM
8 Second Club

I still try to see if its my old Cobra anytime I see a Lazer Red Cobra. I don't think many people knew me when I still had that car lol. I still miss her.
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LJason
Are you friggin crazy???!! Time to apply for a loan...dork.
Damn Bro...easy. Don't need no loan ese'...just time fer some changes. Yeah I know Shelia thinks the same thing, "WTF are you doin'...!"

Hey you might be able to squeeze all 5 in there...make ya a killer "brother" deal... BTW...Take it easy on your "older" bro or else... just like the ole' days!
Old 02-07-2007 | 09:51 PM
Teching In

I don't feel so good, I think I'm gonna Bro,you know I'm behind whatever you want but GEEZUS have you gone mad man!!!!?? Listen to your wife, she knows more than you. Of course, if you have the Bugatti in mind for your next car.......well ****!...I'm with ya!

ps. WTF with playin the "all 5" hate card? Can't help it, done deal. I could sell you one for 10 g's and we could all be happy!

ppss. 2 fer 15...hehe
Old 02-07-2007 | 10:03 PM
Teching In

OK.. I want it.. Just hold a little outta my paycheck each week bro!!
Old 02-08-2007 | 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MGD_Master
OK.. I want it.. Just hold a little outta my paycheck each week bro!!
LOL...I understand, the slightly modded '06 FZ1 is tired of gettin' "spanked" by a full "blown" street car...

FYI the car will be posted on a couple of other web sites, e-bay and autotrader if previously interested people do not pursue the sale by friday afternoon. Looks like I may have had a quite a few "posers" interested in the car... Friday late afternoon I will be leaving out of town until sunday. After that the car goes up for sale in several other areas. If serious buyers only want to see the car you can reach me on my cell. PM me and I will get you my number.

I do have a current Carfax report that any potential buyer can see and the actual buyer can have. The first person with a $500.00 re-fundable deposit will get first dibs (no more pm's and me hold the car) I will hold the car for 5 work days to give the buyer an opportunity to pay the balance...

Last edited by DJ's99SS; 02-08-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2007 | 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

hey D good luck on selling ur car it's a good looking car
Old 02-08-2007 | 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Few more pics...(cell phone pics not too good)

A little dirty under here from the rain heading back home on the trailer...

Old 02-08-2007 | 02:21 PM
On The Tree

I know that I am not well known to many here but I have gotten to know most here pretty well by just reading and watching since 03 so I know of DJ’s99ss endeavors. I would just like to say that I know what he is feeling in the matter of things being tight. I am in school full time, working a poor job and trying to fix an old house to move into with my finance for which we are to get married but money don't permit right now.

I though I would have to sell my Incon kit and boy I thought I could do it until I took the pictures and realized that a chance like this don't come often if at all for some. I know you have put a lot of blood, sweet and tears in to that machine, as well as loads of money because I to have followed your car for some time on it's progress. Now that you finally have it like you pretty much want it, to let it go would really devastate you because no mater who takes it you will always wonder if they know what you went through to make it the car that it is.

I know children are a great thing and something to be cherished, but so is your hard work and love that you put into that car so it could do what very few can. Because you are 42 years old now and I know you can say that you will return but children have their way of slowing that from happening. That being said not to scare you from the joys of fatherhood but you may never get the opportunity to have again what it is you have right now and I am certain your child, boy or girl will have the biggest smile on them when daddy takes them for a ride. So if it is child abuse or means having a scared child for life after riding in it, at least they will be scared just like dad. Best wishes and luck to you sir and I hope you get what it is you truly want for yourself.
Old 02-08-2007 | 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WARPNOVA
I know that I am not well known to many here but I have gotten to know most here pretty well by just reading and watching since 03 so I know of DJ’s99ss endeavors. I would just like to say that I know what he is feeling in the matter of things being tight. I am in school full time, working a poor job and trying to fix an old house to move into with my finance for which we are to get married but money don't permit right now.

I though I would have to sell my Incon kit and boy I thought I could do it until I took the pictures and realized that a chance like this don't come often if at all for some. I know you have put a lot of blood, sweet and tears in to that machine, as well as loads of money because I to have followed your car for some time on it's progress. Now that you finally have it like you pretty much want it, to let it go would really devastate you because no mater who takes it you will always wonder if they know what you went through to make it the car that it is.

I know children are a great thing and something to be cherished, but so is your hard work and love that you put into that car so it could do what very few can. Because you are 42 years old now and I know you can say that you will return but children have their way of slowing that from happening. That being said not to scare you from the joys of fatherhood but you may never get the opportunity to have again what it is you have right now and I am certain your child, boy or girl will have the biggest smile on them when daddy takes them for a ride. So if it is child abuse or means having a scared child for life after riding in it, at least they will be scared just like dad. Best wishes and luck to you sir and I hope you get what it is you truly want for yourself.
WOW...now I need a damn tissue!! j/k A great perspective of my sentiments and your dead ***** on many of my thoughts. I honestly don't "need" to sell her its just times have changed for me, interests have somewhat changed, priorities at this time have to be considered and down the road I'm sure I'll find something else to peak my interests. A car like this, your right, I'll never have again. Your probably right, I may regret this decision down the road but I have an unlimited amount of memories with this car, many pictures, vids, and a couple magazines so I'll always be able to look back on some of the best times of my life...WarpNova you seem like a great guy. Thanks for your kind words. Good luck in your upcoming Marriage and what life has to offer you and your future wife.

Alright ya'll gotta stop this **** or the "For Sale" sign will be coming down!!
Old 02-08-2007 | 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got some pm's about wanting to see some interior pics.

Last edited by DJ's99SS; 02-08-2007 at 05:40 PM.