Attn Eric (ESR)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Attn Eric (ESR)

Your PM box is full man...

Id like to talk with you about the PCM tuning on the LS2.

Last edited by 2KThunder; 02-15-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

FYI, Good Luck...! He's not much into returning phone calls and finishing tunes...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Default Tune

Agreed, he hasnt answered my phone calls, returned my messages or my pms for over 2 months. I WAS trying to get my car re-tuned after I installed my heads, needless to say I havent heard from him. He has really pissed off the wrong person....... Not very professional in my opinion. Oh, and when G-Force retuned my car, the fuel levels (air/ratio) were all very distorted and off. My advice is to take your car to a shop where they can tune it right there (contact a sponsor), that way you know that they are legit and will be around next time you mod your car! And ESR, if you ever get back on this board, id like my money back for the poor tunning and customer service. Good luck with your car!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:21 AM
9 Second Club

Hes not doing this stuff anymore. He burnt out. Might as well stop trying. Can't blame the guy, too many pushy people the most part, and some for free
Old 02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Hes a nice guy, Ill give him that, but you do not go without answering calls or returning messages. All you have to do is let people know that you are no longer tunning cars, not that youll get back with them as soon as you get back your cable. I dont care who you are, dont say you will do something if you arent going to follow through. When you pay nearly 400 dollars for a tune, you figure you might get your moneys worth, apparently thats too much to ask for with this guy.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

in the last 6 mos he has been working 16 hrs a day in his real job... thats why he hasn't answered calls. Unless you are a personal friend I don't think you will reach him. Ive been there and I can relate.

BTW he really didn't have his cable for the longest time. Now he has handed it down so to speak
Old 02-16-2007, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

I know you had his cable, thats what he told me. But like I said, 16hr days dont suffice someone being shady. I, and I bet many others as well, work long hours and its not that hard to take a minute out of your day to send someone an email or leave them a voicemail. "Unless you are a personal friend I don't think you will reach him." That says it all for me right there, I rest my case.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DJ's99SS
FYI, Good Luck...! He's not much into returning phone calls and finishing tunes...
Didn't he tune your car?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man that sucks, I was looking forward to working with him again on my new engine tune
Old 02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Yup, he left the game. He's taking care of Eric now.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone know anyone else that can give me a drivability tune outside of a full dyno tune.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

he answers my calls, sucks for yall, lol
oh yeah and hes not tuning anymore, too many people that think they know what theyre talking about trying to tell him how to tune
Old 02-17-2007, 09:15 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBlue
Didn't he tune your car?
Started it and then didn't return phone calls from Dennis or Me or Chuck, who's car he also started tunnning Dennis let LS1Joe finish it and also had Joe retune Chucks car it is a lot better now not as many quirkey things gonig on now??? Eric is a nice guy though just not a good bussiness person. Another thing is he was still learning so his tunning was a little off. Good luck to him.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 02-17-2007, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

DJ just wanted to lean his car out ~0.5 AFR, we didn't htink it was a good idea. His tune was dead on 11.3 AFR, perfect everytime. I participated in it quite a bit. His tune was done for all practical purposes, he just wanted to tweak it. Chuck, I don't know.

All these tunes came from my original 3 bar tune, and guess what, my tune has never been finished to near what he got DJ's to. You don't see me bitching.

You can't expect someone who does this on his spare time to back it up like it was a shop. Once spare time is eliminated, tuning is eliminated. If you guys wanted to have full time backing and support for tunes for the rest of your car's lives, should have gone to a reputable shop!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:44 AM
8 Sec Tuner

Give us a call! I am about to go to the shop right now. I have 2 tunes today!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tiago
DJ just wanted to lean his car out ~0.5 AFR, we didn't htink it was a good idea. His tune was dead on 11.3 AFR, perfect everytime. I participated in it quite a bit. His tune was done for all practical purposes, he just wanted to tweak it. Chuck, I don't know.

All these tunes came from my original 3 bar tune, and guess what, my tune has never been finished to near what he got DJ's to. You don't see me bitching.

You can't expect someone who does this on his spare time to back it up like it was a shop. Once spare time is eliminated, tuning is eliminated. If you guys wanted to have full time backing and support for tunes for the rest of your car's lives, should have gone to a reputable shop!
Hey Tiago...yeah Eric knew he had a couple more things left to do on my tune. I still have a surge/miss from 2-3k that needs to be cleared up. Eric is well aware of it and we talked about it several times. While we were going to try "again" to fix the surge/miss issue, your right I did want to lean the car out a bit since its was 10.6 @ WOT not 11.3. Safe but a little too fat for me...I found this out after the Innovate LC1/gauge install.

I got tired of trying to reach him, along with a few other people, and he not returing phone calls. I know all about his new job and GF in Austin. I think Eric is a good guy as well, but just not that responsible when it comes to the business side of things. Weather is was just a hobby or not a commitment to someone is just that a commitment...

As some one had posted earlier, its doesn't take but just a couple minutes out of your day to have the common courtesy of a return call. Just to let everyone know what your intentions may or may not be...from my understanding he left Chuck holding the bag and ended up spending alot more $$$ having Joe finish his tune...I haven't brought my, sorry (new owners) car to Joe yet but Joe is well aware of what I had planned to do, "tweek" the tune Eric had started and take some fuel out. Like I said I don't have any ill feeling toward Eric and think he's a nice guy I just wished he handled his "business" a little better...
Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Give us a call! I am about to go to the shop right now. I have 2 tunes today!
I will definitely give you a call concerning an SD tune. Just can't seem to find the time right now...

If you are open on Saturdays that will definitely help!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian2006
get your *** bs out of here
Old 02-17-2007, 06:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

you guys are harsh, Eric did this stuff on the side and wasn't a "business". He also had his Mom pass away not too long ago, that is about when he started taking a break from doing tuning. When he was doing the tuning, he was very easy to reach. Everyone has their own life changing moments, so ease up.