Tonight is the night! On the Speed Channel 10 PM.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. B
If you are such a hot-shot owner/crew chief/mentor then why don't I see your son Louis in the rankings here at this driver development website, however Jace is there:
Do you work the exact same job your father did? Have you considered that maybe it's not Louis's first goal in life to be a driver? He's damn successful at what he does, as evidenced by the fact that he won the Best Crew Chief award last season. I don't quite follow your logic in how the fact that Louis isn't a driver detracts from what Lou has done.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. B-ubba ...

Louis likes fabricating and crew chief-ing just as you like internet drama.

You are trying so hard to put Lou, Louis and the LGM crew in a negative light when it's just sour grapes.

Please, get over it and yourself ...
Old 03-19-2007, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Mr. B-ubba ...

Louis likes fabricating and crew chief-ing just as you like internet drama.

You are trying so hard to put Lou, Louis and the LGM crew in a negative light when it's just sour grapes.

Please, get over it and yourself ...
Calling a city-slicker bubba..

I said my piece and I'm done with this topic.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Mr. B, I am still the youngest driver to ever enter a SPEED World Challenge race, at 16 back in 99.

I dont have to be a driver, I have a father who fills those shoes quite well. I take care of him and his racing efforts. Maybe when he hangs up his helmet I might consider the driving aspect of racing, but it is not what I have been brought up being.

If you want a world class, world renowned sportscar built, Im your huckleberry. If you want some aluminum cans or razor blades welded together, Im your man. Im perfectly happy not being in the drivers seat. Quite frankly, I dont really have to even answer this post because it brings me to your level of stupidity, and then you will probably beat me with experience.

Regardless, Im staring at a SPEED World Challenge Zimmerman Cup, awarded to the best crew chief of the year. I wonder if Jace has any of those hidden anywhere... Hrm....

At any rate, we had no control over what the kid did with the car. Missing gears, over slipping the clutch, bumping the limiter, ect. These are not things that can be taken lightly, and obviously, they can affect quite a bit of things as Im sure you are well aware of.

Life is no dress rehersal, see you at the races

Louis
Old 03-20-2007, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Louis
I dont really have to even answer this post because it brings me to your level of stupidity, and then you will probably beat me with experience.

Louis
I'm a lot of things- but stupid isn't one of them.

Like they say in court.. "asked & answered" and thats that.

Take care... Mr. B
Old 03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Hey Mr. B, I am still the youngest driver to ever enter a SPEED World Challenge race, at 16 back in 99.

I dont have to be a driver, I have a father who fills those shoes quite well. I take care of him and his racing efforts. Maybe when he hangs up his helmet I might consider the driving aspect of racing, but it is not what I have been brought up being.

If you want a world class, world renowned sportscar built, Im your huckleberry. If you want some aluminum cans or razor blades welded together, Im your man. Im perfectly happy not being in the drivers seat. Quite frankly, I dont really have to even answer this post because it brings me to your level of stupidity, and then you will probably beat me with experience.

Regardless, Im staring at a SPEED World Challenge Zimmerman Cup, awarded to the best crew chief of the year. I wonder if Jace has any of those hidden anywhere... Hrm....

At any rate, we had no control over what the kid did with the car. Missing gears, over slipping the clutch, bumping the limiter, ect. These are not things that can be taken lightly, and obviously, they can affect quite a bit of things as Im sure you are well aware of.

Life is no dress rehersal, see you at the races

Louis
CALL ME Or answer your damn phone at night.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Louis
Not much more needs to be said. Check your PM's over at corvetteforum when you get a chance man.

Bret
Old 03-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. B
I'm a lot of things- but stupid isn't one of them.

Like they say in court.. "asked & answered" and thats that.

Take care... Mr. B
And like Dave Chappell says.... "**** your couch *****!"
Go get a life you tool....
Old 03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've raced with Lou several times. The one thing I can say is that while we sometimes may differ on how we approach certain technical topics, I would never ever consider questioning Lou's driving ability. Lou has certainly proved his ability out on the track. I know very well the competitive streak Lou has.

I watched the show a few times, and I saw the issues Lou had with Jace. Fact of the matter from my perspective is that Jace was a bit too full of himself, and wasn't listening to somone who races Corvettes from a living. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Lou, John Heinricy, or any of the other accomplished racers out there. I think Jace thought he had the world figured out, and just tuned everyone out. He thought Lou wasn't giving him the proper respect. In reality it was the other way around. If I had a Champion like Lou giving me driving lessons, I think I'd shut up and listen. I learned a long time ago that there is far more that I don't know than I do know...

I don'ty know how Lou would have liked it, but I would have loved to have seen Angela Cope drive the Corvette for Lou. I think she might have listened more, and I think based on watching her performances that she'd have beat the guys behind the wheel of the LG car solidly. She is a Late Model/ARCA driver, and obviously she gave a good showing.

Jace is supposed to be an accomplished Late Model driver, and a Kart racer. Why can't he shift a normal car then? Did they put an automatic in his Late Model? He acted like he had never been on a track, or gone over 20 mph most of the time.

Honestly Lou was the comic relief in the show that I enjoyed most.

"You've never done donuts before?" "You want smoke, I'll give you smoke" To me, Lous was the hiot of the show, but I guess like they say everyone has opinions...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:17 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by J-Rod
I've raced with Lou several times. The one thing I can say is that while we sometimes may differ on how we approach certain technical topics, I would never ever consider questioning Lou's driving ability. Lou has certainly proved his ability out on the track. I know very well the competitive streak Lou has.

I watched the show a few times, and I saw the issues Lou had with Jace. Fact of the matter from my perspective is that Jace was a bit too full of himself, and wasn't listening to somone who races Corvettes from a living. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Lou, John Heinricy, or any of the other accomplished racers out there. I think Jace thought he had the world figured out, and just tuned everyone out. He thought Lou wasn't giving him the proper respect. In reality it was the other way around. If I had a Champion like Lou giving me driving lessons, I think I'd shut up and listen. I learned a long time ago that there is far more that I don't know than I do know...

I don'ty know how Lou would have liked it, but I would have loved to have seen Angela Cope drive the Corvette for Lou. I think she might have listened more, and I think based on watching her performances that she'd have beat the guys behind the wheel of the LG car solidly. She is a Late Model/ARCA driver, and obviously she gave a good showing.

Jace is supposed to be an accomplished Late Model driver, and a Kart racer. Why can't he shift a normal car then? Did they put an automatic in his Late Model? He acted like he had never been on a track, or gone over 20 mph most of the time.

Honestly Lou was the comic relief in the show that I enjoyed most.

"You've never done donuts before?" "You want smoke, I'll give you smoke" To me, Lous was the hiot of the show, but I guess like they say everyone has opinions...
I think they showed the funny comments Lou made to help offset the bad opinion some might have gotten from the fighting going on between Jace and him. There was a lot of funny stuff said from a lot of people and 99% was cut for what ever reason weather it was time or they just didn't think it was good TV who knows???
Old 03-23-2007, 07:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I think they showed the funny comments Lou made to help offset the bad opinion some might have gotten from the fighting going on between Jace and him. There was a lot of funny stuff said from a lot of people and 99% was cut for what ever reason weather it was time or they just didn't think it was good TV who knows???

Jeff,
If you looked at the distance that the camera shot came from on the One time that I scolded jace, you will notice that it was very far away from the camera man.

I did my best to pull him aside to talk to him and they sculked around to "steal" the shot and had a long distance mic.

I never wanted to talk to the kid on camera since I was not there to embarrass him.

Then they pulled us in for a dual interview and asked some pretty provocative questions where the answers had to lend themselves to appear worse than they were.

And you know that over 11 days, there was much more working together than not. But they filmed what they wanted to and they cut what they wanted to.
Would I hang out with jace and his father for fun? No, but that was not our mission.

No, jace did not always listen since that was my big gripe but overall he still pulled out 4 wins, 2 seconds, one 4th and one 5th, and that was not enough to take the money because the skewed points for one last race.

We were either 1st or 2nd in 6 out of 8 events. That probably says it all.

Thanks
Lou G

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-23-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:33 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Jeff,
If you looked at the distance that the camera shot came from on the One time that I scolded jace, you will notice that it was very far away from the camera man.

I did my best to pull him aside to talk to him and they sculked around to "steal" the shot and had a long distance mic.

I never wanted to talk to the kid on camera since I was not there to embarrass him.

Then they pulled us in for a dual interview and asked some pretty provocative questions where the answers had to lend themselves to appear worse than they were.

And you know that over 11 days, there was much more working together than not. But they filmed what they wanted to and they cut what they wanted to.
Would I hang out with jace and his father for fun? No, but that was not our mission.

No, jace did not always listen since that was my big gripe but overall he still pulled out 4 wins, 2 seconds, one 4th and one 5th, and that was not enough to take the money because the skewed points for one last race.

We were either 1st or 2nd in 6 out of 8 events. That probably says it all.

Thanks
Lou G
Yeah your experience really showed in all the events, but I knew it would cause you have been racing for a long time etc... So for our team to be where we were was a good feeling for us to. We ofcourse wanted to win and weren't just there for the money or we would have jumped on your offer. We are just a few guys that are decent wrench turners and know a little about a lot of stuff and we were handicapped with our car too as it isn't what we work on most of the time, but we did our best and a few mistakes cost us as it did your team and others with mechanical problems. I want to do it again and take a car I am familiar with and go against you again as it was great competition and I loved every second of it. Being under presure as you know we basicly had to build our whole car in comparison to all the other teams bolting on a few items lol! I am pretty good under presure. Hope to talk to you soon I need to come race with you and see how you guys do it on the road etc...
Jeff
Old 03-23-2007, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

get with Louis, we have 9 races left with the next one in Long Beach. We leave in 16 days.

You would be welcomed to come along.

LG
Old 03-23-2007, 08:48 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
get with Louis, we have 9 races left with the next one in Long Beach. We leave in 16 days.

You would be welcomed to come along.

LG
I'll drop him an email and see how we could make it happen etc... Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn this has more Drama in it then the show did. I personally liked the show. I consider Lou doing his job by trying to get the kid to do his job in the car. It's about winning to Lou just like it would of been to all of us if we had been on the show. I'd watch it again. On a side note ole Pope lives rigth down the road from me (somewhere lol) I had to root on the local.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:09 PM

Anyone know when this will re-air?
Old 07-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Banned

Default so sweet

did you two kiss and make up on the page how romantic
Old 07-02-2007, 10:22 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Thread from the dead, stays dead.

Do a search on the web to see when it will ait again.

Quick Reply: Tonight is the night! On the Speed Channel 10 PM.