CVS robbed last night, Wrecked my car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVS robbed last night, Wrecked my car!

Late last night I was at CVS downtown about 12:30 in the morning, my g/f needed tampons... and sent me out late to go get some. I was in line waiting to pay and had a guy behind me. This big guy that appeared to be intoxicated came in at the register with a gun while we are in line. He was stupid though because we were behind him and he ignored us like we were not there. I just started to back up slowly and the guy behind me...trying to be a hero attacks him from his back. He still had not got the gun from him and that arm was free. Out of natural reaction I grabbed his hand and had the gun pointing towards the wall instead of the cashier. Between all three of us we got the gun out of his hand and started to wrestle him. He was a huge guy, ended up still getting away from all three of us and jumped into his car.... i know this sounds stupid but I was pissed off and got into my car and begin to chase him down Westheimer. I got on the phone and was on the cops giving his plate and his position. The pavements were wet and he made a left hand turn onto S. Gessner... was doing about 60 mph or so and slammed into a really tall light pole and smashed his car up... the light that is on top of the light pole came crashing down on top of his vehicle. I put my car about an inch or two behind him to block him in. He put his car into reverse and started trying to push my car out of the way, I put on the e-brake and jumped out of the car which is when he stopped and opened his door which scared me... as I didnt know if he had another gun and was going to unload on me. I ducked down and ran to the back of the car and there was a cop at the light. She comes pulling up and I tell her he just robbed a store to get down! She jumps out of her car and draws her weapon on the guy. The guy wouldnt cooperate and started fumbling through his car looking for something. I started running away from the scene to get out of the line of fire if they started exchanging fire. He ended up putting his hands on the car and she tried to put handcuffs on him and he started wrestling with her on the ground. It was a female cop and I got back on the phone with the cops letting them know she was having trouble with him. Within about 3 minutes we had about 10-15 cops over everywhere! They finally got him into custody. He smashed the left side of my car when I boxed him in. Hopefully he has insurance... the name on the title of that car matched his last name... looked like his dads car. He was about 20-25 yrs old, huge. The cop said if he doesnt have insurance the city would pay for it as I was helping them when he committed a criminal act, restition or something like that.

Crazy night, just lucky to be alive! I know it was stupid to chase him but I was in the heat of the moment and just wanted to take this guy down.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Dude that's a great story! Nice job chasing the guy down even if it wasn't the smartest thing. He would have gotten away for sure unless they had a good shot of him on camara or something. Was he wasted or something?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

The stupid thing was, the other guy trying to wrestle him and not securing his weapon. I dont blame you for jumping in to get the guun pointed away from innocent people. Good job.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow dude ur ******* crazy! You buy tampons for ur gf?

jk. man i dont think i would have done all that. good thing u were there! u definitely have my respect!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

hey man good job hey they will probably award u with a new car hehehehehe mayb a ls7 lol
Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, you're an idiot and lucky to be alive.
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This better be on the worlds wildest police videos. Did he really think he would outrun a T/A? lol
Teching In

WoW . cazy story - glad they caught the bastard - glad your alive!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by osvaldo
Wow dude ur ******* crazy! You buy tampons for ur gf?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

What im confused about is why after you guys got the gun you let him run out without shooting him.

Good job on not letting him get away though.

Oh and who buys tampons for their GF?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

**** like that is exactly why im getting a CHL. I was downtown the other night and got scared everytime a bum/begger would get within 20ft of me. You dont know what thoes people have in their pocket.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice job man~ quite a heroic thing to do!

You should be proud of yourself....and sorry about the car
Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

nice!!! how bads the damage on the t/a?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Glad they caught the SOB, Glad your ok and everybody else.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Cool

glad that your OK, sorry to hear about your car. Its good to see that people do still care in the world.
I know a cop that does the estimates on wrecked cars in HPD, have to check with him to see if they do fix your car for assisting them.. Let you Know if i find something out.

Originally Posted by Ceissus
Nice job man~ quite a heroic thing to do!

You should be proud of yourself....and sorry about the car
Old 03-15-2007, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Sucks your car got messed up but look at it this way it is going to be hard to find anyone that has a better story than you now. Of course when your like 75 your grandkids will say your lying and going senile but you don't have to worry about that for a longtime.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Wow, thats a story you can tell for your whole life. glad your ok and no one was hurt, hopefully the PD will take care of you, and CVS should give you a lifetime supply of tampons.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Pretty cool story. Glad to hear it! If he pulled another gun out, you should have rained tampon fire upon him...that would have taught him a lesson! An applicator in the eye could really do some damage!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
and CVS should give you a lifetime supply of tampons.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

got the gun out of his hand
why did you not proceed to open fire?
or atleast cover him with it.......