Need Help about warrants

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they'll do a payment plan, but you're more than likely going to have to see a judge first
Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brice, just get a traffic lawyer. the one i use takes care of my tickets for $50. or you can sit in jail overnight for free. i've taken that road a couple of times too. small budget FTW
Old 03-23-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Any way of checking if you have any warrants? Online if possible.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Man if you were in Dallas You would not even spend a full day in jail if you turn yourself in. Back in 2004 I had $1300 in Speeding Tickets that turned to warrants. I turned myself in at 2:00 PM at the holding station in downtown and was sleeping on a military style bed until around 9:00 PM when I was transfered to Lew Sterrett. I seen a judge at 8:00AM the next day. Time sereved. Free to go........Not so fast I still had tickets in Rowlett and Mesquite. Well it took 2 days for the damn police from Rowlett to come pick me up So I was in a holding tank for 2 friggin Days!!! We have too much crime going on in Dallas for them to keep people in jail over traffic violations because it is already overcrowded(they are expanding the jail as I write this) so They will do time served on speeding tickets and other traffic violations and you will be there a day. I would not worry about getting in trouble in another state if I were you. The Police database is not as good as a lot of people think it is. I have tickets in Decator from 2002 that never show up when I get pulled over. I also seen a segment on Fox News on how a lot of states do not even know if a person has prior misdemeanors or felony charges from another state. EXAMPLE(was assault, and rape) .... Good ol Legal System
Anyways I could use a lawyer that can take care of speeding tickets for $50. I'm not worried about Dallas because whenever I get pulled over they say "You know you have a couple of warrants for speeding tickets?" "Yes I'm going to take care of it as soon as I get some Money" Cop "Well alright make sure you take care of those tickets." "Will do Officer" It's just those damn Suburbs like Mesquite,Garland And everywhere around Dallas that is not Dallas. Laterz

Last edited by shaneatlh; 03-24-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had like 8 warrants for 3 traffic tickets back in 2000(18 yrs old). 3 separate speeding, inspection past due(jan 3rd), 2 no insurance, not carry drivers license, 4 failure to appear, court cost, etc. (bullshit)

well 2 yrs later(20 yrs old) I grew up and I was tired of being worried about getting stopped and going to jail. I called the courts and total fees were over $2500. The courts who issued the warrants allowed me to make pymt arrangements. I dished $1200 to one court and $600 to the other. I had to do 40 hr of comm serv, 6mth probation and it was alot of bullshit.

Overall, the feeling of getting that stinken monkey off your back is a good feeling. Call the courts and see what options you have as far as pymt arrangements. You are going to school out of town I assume so let them know your situation. The judge had told me it's best to let the courts know early when you get warrants and they could work with you. The longer you wait the more stress u put on yourself and the bigger the fees!!!

gl