Damn Dot!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
the roadblock is a way we pissed people off
ima slam my breaks next time im in front of one if yall. ill make sure im almost on empty though! my rear panels have dents that need to be fixed anyway.

seriously though im always telling my gf that i would go into politics and devote my time to placing strict *** regulations and more law enforcement to implement stricter rules on truckers. you guys really **** me off i dont know why????

my gf's uncles are all truck drivers but we leave that stuff at the door we dont discuss it, we get along well.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as its not a Schneider, JB Kunt, or a rock truck ill let you guys have the road

Water trucks are what tear up the road mostly not freight trucks.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

but at work we had a rig tie up 4 lanes of traffic during a thunderstorm at rush hour today.

They decided that instead of pulling in forward and turning around in the area we have to back to the dock, they would just pull across oncoming traffic and back in from the road.

It's a wonder nobody slammed into him the speed limit is 50 through there and he prolly had 20+ cars in each lane stopped.

I know there are a lot of good truck drivers but this guy ain't one of um
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Launching!

No No No Schneider and Kunt aren't bad it's Swift you have to steer clear from!!! I wouldn't work for those guys if it was the last available job on the planet. Most drivers are courteous and decent drivers but of coarse there are those third and fourth grade ex felon drivers (usually flat bed or dump) who are careless idiots and too damn ignorant to know better and gives us a bad name. Personally I can't wait for my vacation to be over and get back into the seat of a VNL 780 or Coronado 18 speed.Although I'm still a rookie to the world of trucking I can roll with the best of em then after i park my rig hop into the Z and act a foool.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

I thought anything over 80,000 lbs. is considered overweight???? Front axle: 12k, Drives 34k, Trailer Tandems 34k???
Old 03-31-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by avengedws6
THanks for cutting us off, not letting us over, thinking your little 4wheeler *** can affect us, slamming on your brakes for no damn reason, looking at accidents that you are not in but still want to know wtf happend.
ya my dad owns his own truck a 97 peterbuilt 379, and been in one for about 15 years, and my brother drives for CRL or RTX out of dallas I can't really remeber, and there are more dumbasses in little cars then there are truckers... stay safe man...
Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love truckers, thats why i have a cb in my car for those long trips. it also makes out well because you know of every cop, gas station, accident and toll about 10 miles in front of you. but i bet some truckers dont like my basestation, when i key up on 19 i cover over 18-21 for about 5 miles around me.

Wall to wall and tree top tall.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00 Z-28
I thought anything over 80,000 lbs. is considered overweight???? Front axle: 12k, Drives 34k, Trailer Tandems 34k???
Yeah but we have over weight permits, good to 91K.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
As long as its not a Schneider, JB Kunt, or a rock truck ill let you guys have the road

Water trucks are what tear up the road mostly not freight trucks.
Im not going to deny that our trucks arent heavy when loaded, but its also poor road quality.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by avengedws6
Im not going to deny that our trucks arent heavy when loaded, but its also poor road quality.
Plus most frieght trucks u see are over weight.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
No No No Schneider and Kunt aren't bad it's Swift you have to steer clear from!!! I wouldn't work for those guys if it was the last available job on the planet. Most drivers are courteous and decent drivers but of coarse there are those third and fourth grade ex felon drivers (usually flat bed or dump) who are careless idiots and too damn ignorant to know better and gives us a bad name. Personally I can't wait for my vacation to be over and get back into the seat of a VNL 780 or Coronado 18 speed.Although I'm still a rookie to the world of trucking I can roll with the best of em then after i park my rig hop into the Z and act a foool.
You do know what swift stands for right????
Sure Wish I Finished Training.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah this job is way too easy I dont think I will ever stop hauling water around here and if I do Im going to haul sand.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by osvaldo
ima slam my breaks next time im in front of one if yall. ill make sure im almost on empty though! my rear panels have dents that need to be fixed anyway.

seriously though im always telling my gf that i would go into politics and devote my time to placing strict *** regulations and more law enforcement to implement stricter rules on truckers. you guys really **** me off i dont know why????

my gf's uncles are all truck drivers but we leave that stuff at the door we dont discuss it, we get along well.
Well not being rude to you personaly, but cut me off and slam on your brakes when Im loaded and All you will see is 84K plus plowing over you. It takes me at least 1 full mile at 65mps to come to a complete stop.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Launching!

They obviously don't know avengedws6, 80k+ at 65 mph is not going to stop like a Porsche. i was doing about 70 down 59 South around Atlanta Tx in the right lane (it's a few traffic lights spread out up there) and this idiot female driver in a Camry who passes me up on the left gets three car lengths ahead of me and jumps right in front of me (yep as the light is turning yellow) I'm slightly overweight and no way I'm going to even attempt to slow down, anticipating her ignorance I was lucky enough there was no one in the left lane and as i guessed she locked her brakes up totally unoblivious to the huge semi 175 feet behind her doing 70. God was with her b/c had there been someone in the left lane she would have been flattened. Crazy thing was the light was still yellow as I crossed the intersection. Too many idiot drivers who are unaware of weight to stopping distance ratio, and the stuff we have to go through.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

no i would never do it on the freeway!!! trucks on freeways dont bother me, just trucks on smaller streets. i would slam my brakes in front of a truck going like 20-25 miles an hour.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Launching!

I guess thats a tad better than on the freeway, But keep in mind bro thankfully dot and others are looking more closely at rear enders involving trucks b/c alot of people are doing just that (on purpose). There was a recent case where this couple would go around doing this in two different cars. One would get in the left lane while one would get in front and once a decent but not deadly speed was reached the one in front would lock up the brakes while the one on the side would stay at the side keeping the trucker stuck in that lane to rear end the car in front or the car to his left. Either way the other would witness and after a few months someone would get a nice check. They eventually got cracked for this (I think it was in L.A). Just goes to show you some of the crap we gotta put up with. There are some total ******* class A drivers too though who don't need to operate a bicycle and I think osvaldo you unfortunately encountered some of these idiots. They **** us other truckers off to bro don't feel alone. Especially when they do stupid crap like hop in front of us (truckers in a convoy) while we're doing 75 + knowing they have a governor at 64 and slow us all down for us to have to pick up speed again.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

trucker here
I do tankers only now
Old 03-31-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by osvaldo
no i would never do it on the freeway!!! trucks on freeways dont bother me, just trucks on smaller streets. i would slam my brakes in front of a truck going like 20-25 miles an hour.
I hope you get hit next time...
But really all of you whom bitch need to think about this next time you are crying about big trucks.. That hamburger you ate , shirt you just bought , car you drive , tv you just watched ETC ETC ... Came to you by way of a truck.. Some how some way... If all of the trucks in America stopped moving America as you know it would end.. I drive and have never been in an accident and I am always passive to civillian drivers but just like there are bad drivers (4 wheelers) there are bad 18 wheeler drivers too..
Old 03-31-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok but that doesnt give drivers, well some drivers the right to drive like jack asses! im not talking about highway drivers, or drivers that go cross country, the ones that **** me off are the ones who drive on small city streets and think they own the whole damn street! I hope i get hit too, and i hope that they take away his license away!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Trucker here too!!!

Chemical distribution........