Damn Dot!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet bro, Glad to see there are other truck drivers that are fbody owners as well. Thought for a moment there I was a minority hehehe.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

I just dont understand why truckers have to ride side-by-side on 2 lane highways. Take I-45... I drive down to Houston from time to time, and I am willing to bet tons of money that I will see at least 5 instances where truckers are driving side-by-side doing the same speed.... with NO cars in front of them. What the hell is up with that?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

My dad drove trucks for a while and both my parents have their CDL so I know a good bit of what goes on and how its not the easiest thing to do.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

To who all of you hate truckers... I appalaude your own opinons... I personally am not a trucker, but I will tell everyone that they do not get enough credit for what they do, or the bullshit they have to go through with so many drivers. As a driver I myself deal with dumbass people on the roads in houston, but o well they will learn there lessons one day.. And to all of the truckers on this forum... thank you for the service you provide and the patience you have with most people on the roads, but you are getting paid for it as well. So take the good and bad for what it is...
Old 04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
But really all of you whom bitch need to think about this next time you are crying about big trucks.. That hamburger you ate , shirt you just bought , car you drive , tv you just watched ETC ETC ... Came to you by way of a truck.. Some how some way... If all of the trucks in America stopped moving America as you know it would end.. I drive and have never been in an accident and I am always passive to civillian drivers but just like there are bad drivers (4 wheelers) there are bad 18 wheeler drivers too..
Very true. If you bought it, I brought it.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSIM
I just dont understand why truckers have to ride side-by-side on 2 lane highways. Take I-45... I drive down to Houston from time to time, and I am willing to bet tons of money that I will see at least 5 instances where truckers are driving side-by-side doing the same speed.... with NO cars in front of them. What the hell is up with that?
Most of all these trucks on the road are governed. So sometimes when another one is set at a lower speed than others is why there side by side. Its not cause were trying to **** people off, Its like a turtle and rabbit situation.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey avenged. Who do you drive for? My dad drives a frac tank winch truck out of Bridgeport. He drove a cattle truck for 25 years before he started this job. Never an accident and he put 1.75 million miles in about 8.5 years on his '86 Peterbilt that he bought brand new. Kept rod and main bearings in her and did only one major overhaul to the 3406B Cat at 1 million and then sold the truck for 26K to a salebarn in East TX.
As far as all the people bitching, truckers can be a big help in a lot of situations. People should learn courtesy such as a light flash when the truck is all the way around so they can get back in the slower lane.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Launching!

I just drove back from Tenn. a few weeks ago. I thought all the trucks did a great job of staying in the right lane. It was a little tough when one would pass the other but that was because I was going 14 mph over the speed limit. I had more issues with regular cars staying in the left lane and not moving over. I know I did after I passed someone. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brady346
Hey avenged. Who do you drive for? My dad drives a frac tank winch truck out of Bridgeport. He drove a cattle truck for 25 years before he started this job. Never an accident and he put 1.75 million miles in about 8.5 years on his '86 Peterbilt that he bought brand new. Kept rod and main bearings in her and did only one major overhaul to the 3406B Cat at 1 million and then sold the truck for 26K to a salebarn in East TX.
As far as all the people bitching, truckers can be a big help in a lot of situations. People should learn courtesy such as a light flash when the truck is all the way around so they can get back in the slower lane.
The name is Mathews transportation. Based out of Glen Rose Tx.