Tony.s
Exactly!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Supergook, you empty your bottle and I'll race you

How bout you turn off your turbo then?

Run what ya brung, just because you handicapped yourself everyone else has to stoop down to your level? Thats an oxymoron of the whole idea of modding cars, we mod to go faster not to make ourselves slower in order to make slower cars feel better.

How about he romps on you on spray and then you go out and mod your car more so that maybe the next time you will win? That makes more sense. ISnt that how it is supposed to work?

Last edited by brad8266; 04-06-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1936FordPU
Highway runs dont impress me in the least bit much less a rear mounted turbo. That to me is like racing in reverse.
Drag racing in reverse, funny! Don't bash the butt-mounted turbos, some of us can move with the best of them!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Another hater?...man, I can't catch a break around here!

Maybe I need to give some people a ride in the car down the highway sometime!...make believers out of you all .
Ya Right you are still a slow poke..
Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Another hater?...man, I can't catch a break around here!

Maybe I need to give some people a ride in the car down the highway sometime!...make believers out of you all .
How about I give you a ride in my TRUE cam only car and make you a believer!!
Better yet We could run on the highway, that way you could also Hear the car...It sounds much better from behind
Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

12100 County Road 2139
Kemp, TX 75143

CEDAR CREEK DRAGWAY

if anyone is gonna be there.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to ride in some other cars to see what those setups feel like.
I've never claimed my car was the fastest nor will I ever. I never said I have the best setup nor will I ever. I've never said to anyone out here that my car or setup was superior to theirs. I'm just happy with my car and that's that.
If I happen to run into you on the highway and we find an open slot, let's go for it. If I lose then I lose...who cares?! What matters is that it's fun.

What I find astonishing is that the majority of you have probably never taken a ride in an "STS" type setup car. Yet, you bash the setup and the owner without just cause. If I was on here running my mouth about how I could kick everyone's *** then yes, feel free to throw me under the bus. However, I have never done that and I never will. What matters to me if that you, individually, are satisfied with how your car performs and can appreciate the time, effort and money you put in it.

In no way have I "handicapped" myself. If true drag racing is all that impresses you, then consider that my trap speeds in the 1/8th mile were higher than the majority of guys running in the low 8s and high 7s. If I had the rear-end, tires and 2-step for a drag-setup, I could easily be in the 7s. Maybe then y'all would be impressed...
Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never claimed my car was the fastest nor will I ever. I never said I have the best setup nor will I ever. I've never said to anyone out here that my car or setup was superior to theirs. I'm just happy with my car and that's that.
If I happen to run into you on the highway and we find an open slot, let's go for it. If I lose then I lose...who cares?! What matters is that it's fun.

What I find astonishing is that the majority of you have probably never taken a ride in an "STS" type setup car. Yet, you bash the setup and the owner without just cause. If I was on here running my mouth about how I could kick everyone's *** then yes, feel free to throw me under the bus. However, I have never done that and I never will. What matters to me if that you, individually, are satisfied with how your car performs and can appreciate the time, effort and money you put in it.

In no way have I "handicapped" myself. If true drag racing is all that impresses you, then consider that my trap speeds in the 1/8th mile were higher than the majority of guys running in the low 8s and high 7s. If I had the rear-end, tires and 2-step for a drag-setup, I could easily be in the 7s. Maybe then y'all would be impressed...
What do you run in the 1/8?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just picked up a helicoil for my crank threads, will be out there sat, hope to see someone in this thread there lol. Hopefully I can get ahold of some welds for my tires. TX_SS I pmd you the address on LS2.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1936FordPU
Man, Im an old school hot rodder. Hence the screen name reference. Highway runs dont impress me in the least bit much less a rear mounted turbo. That to me is like racing in reverse.
Then go to www.livinginthe30'sforums.com and talk to them, the standard typte of street race now is a roll race.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Then go to www.livinginthe30'sforums.com and talk to them, the standard typte of street race now is a roll race.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Just picked up a helicoil for my crank threads, will be out there sat, hope to see someone in this thread there lol. Hopefully I can get ahold of some welds for my tires. TX_SS I pmd you the address on LS2.
How much are you betting him for the race?
Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

you mean you cant run in the 7's in your car?

i can on street tires in a cam only

i make alot less power than you
Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well without tires, even if you have more power, you will run slower, you will spin the damn track. As I do. Which is why I got some tires for Saturday. Had some shitty 60' times.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

You probably have "drag radial" street tires...of course you can run better times with that. He's talking about all purpose tires. He ran an 8.7 at 89mph in the 1/8...no traction in first gear once the boost kicked in. I've riden in the car though, fast as hell and pulls hard...easily a 7 second car if the supporting mods were right.

He's happy with his car, why do any of you give an F otherwise?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Its still a high 7 second 1/8th mile car with a turbo You know, the same times bolt on LS1's run
Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say if he had slicks on that car, hed be in the 7's easy.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slowredz
Its still a high 7 second 1/8th mile car with a turbo You know, the same times bolt on LS1's run
Yea but that turbo car is sucking the bolt on cars in like crazy. A 8.7 turbo car vs a 8.7 bolt on car the turbo car will destroy it in the 1/4. Not to mention the embarrasing asswhoopin that would happen on a highway roll.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well its an 8.7 car on the 1/8 mile but from a roll it will run like the 7s car it should be because theres no traction problems involved.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEx...2.586164&mag=9

say kennedale?? this place is too far.. dont feel like driving 160miles back and forth in a rattle box.