18 and own a camaro...who has the lowest insurance rates?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why so many people with only liability? so when your car gets totaled your outta pocket??

damn, no thanks. i get ripped monthy at state farm for $377 a month full coverage. thats being 18, no tickets, on my dads policy with just me and him...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by richieg
Kid I was posting comparisons of my price quotes between two different insurance companies on the same policy. It gives an idea on who gives better rates. That being said, keep your opinions and sarcasim on my insurance choices to yourself. You don't have a clue about me, or my personal resources.
Actually if your SOURCES we useful they would tell you that asking for rates from members off a website on a similar vehicle is totally retarded...90% of all insurance companies now quote based on individual statistics (i.e. credit score) NOT simply age based categories with a hotrod car...jyeesh stop taking advice from senior citizens and ricers...Your twin would have a different rate on the same car...THINK ABOUT IT! It doesn't matter HOW MUCH anyone else is paying...you will have your own insurance rating score and it will vary from company to company.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and no I typed resources, not sources.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

175 a month for full coverage.. 18 y.o. with one accident on my record.. State Farm
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine 60/month for my car under my name 94 z28...
under my parents policy with a new gmc 2500 and 06 bug tdi...

o and i have a total of about 18 tickets since 16
Old 04-26-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

Esurance FTW!!! Totaled the SS and at the time was trying to sell it for $12.7
they paid me $14.3 for it!
I heart esurance!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richieg
Kid I was posting comparisons of my price quotes between two different insurance companies on the same policy. It gives an idea on who gives better rates. That being said, keep your opinions and sarcasim on my insurance choices to yourself. You don't have a clue about me, or my personal resources.
let you know right now then.... don't go asking a blind question when you're not willing to offer up any extra info... you ask us for something, expect people to be fairly blunt about it.

I'm with Travellers right now, and won't be switching... I switched from Progressive to AIG then to Travellers, because Progressive fucked me over 2 years ago and I have an at fault on my record when I shouldn't, and am not able to dispute it. AIG wanted to raise my insurance $90 a month when I switched Zip Codes from 77042 to 77063 (5 miles down the road basically) because of that stupid ******* hurricane katrina refugee bullshit stinking up the entire westchase area... Travellers gave me the best deal and I'm fully covered on a medical plan so I opted to drop that from my coverage since I pay my month medical costs. I have 500 collision and 100 comprehensive, 100/300/100 and something like 75 uninsured/underinsured plus towing, etc.

on my own plan, only driver, only car... but its so high because of progressive and I'm told that won't go off my record for another 5 years.

so... choose wisely, don't always just choose the cheapest, because you **** yourself over in the end

and to those who have liability only... ouch... save a few bucks here and there but in the end you'll regret it
Old 04-26-2007, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid
Well Mr. Bare Bones heres is some food for thought...do you realize that if someone else with a bare bones policy just like yours and hits your wifes escalade their insurance will only be able to pay for 15K in property damage? Thats right! So anything over that 15K in property damage is your responsibility to collect on. Their insurance company is gonna fold its arms and laugh at you. That is not even considering medical bills involved from the accident. The state only required 20K/max per person for medical 40K/max for everyone involved in the accident and 15K/max property damage. So you get to sue for the rest or file it on your own policy with a nice deductible.

Here is the flip side now you hit me in my escalade...I sue you for the rest beyond what your bare bones policy offers. Goodbye assets...all because your insurance company doesn't care to educate cavemen about their insurance. Your just another policy to them. When you have that first at fault you will be nice and upset when you find that you could put atleast enough coverage on your policy to hit 2 mack trucks for like $6 more per month...but hey it $6, right?! If your making all the insurance decisions for your family all I can say is don't be a caveman and stop assuming and ask questions.
Actually that's only PART true. They can only sue you if it doesn't hurt your current standard of living. We were t-boned by a single immigrant mom, with two kids. She totaled her van and our car. She had liability only (15k/40k), we surpassed the 40k on just medical payment on my wife alone. After speaking with her insuance company, they wouldnt' do a damn thing higher than the 40k. WE consulted a couple of lawyers and found out because of the at fault drivers income (there were NO assets), we couldn't do anything.

Especially with insurance claims which are different than other types of frivilious lawsuits, they just can't take assets away for a car accident. Could you imagine how busy the courts would be?

The only time you can sue and get all your money back as if the at fault driver is like rich. Trust me, speaking from experience.

And to the thread starter. Get your own insurance, you don't NEED your parents, and they are probably paying for you anyway. Get on your own, it won't kill you!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for the replies that are to me, When are you going to realize I did not start this thread? I did not ask for any other people's insurance rates. I didn't ask anyone anything. Good ******* lord. . .
Old 04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

175 for me liability only. I'm on my dads and he's been a state farm customer for 10+ years. i wish it was lower.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, such hostility.

Geico - 100/mo. 10 tickets - full coverage
Old 04-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Teching In

22 here 140 a month Full Cover, but on parents insurance. I did not dare try to venture out on my own with the T/A, some insurance agencies dont even cover it for people my age.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stay on your parents' policy and pay them the difference. It will be a $$ saver all the way around.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

minimum coverage I pay 140 a month, thats in PA