Anyone diesel truck shopping?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 09:53 PM
Launching!

race wont setlle this. chain them ****'s up! tony gl with the sale. truck is pretty clean
Old 05-17-2007 | 10:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by RyanJ
Let me ask for real though (and we can take this to PM if you want), by buying and selling every year, are you breaking even at all on any of these cars? Seems like you buy, dump $, then sell. I don't know what prices you get or what you put down, but due to depreciation it seems like, logically, (on the surface anyway) that you're losing money each time.
I definitely take a loss by not keeping a vehicle more than 2-3 years. But, you may notice that I typically buy vehicles that are popular and have good demand/resale value. Whether that is certain options, colors, trim levels, etc.. I usually put 10% down if I finance, so that pretty much puts me automatically at "even" for the entire duration I own a vehicle.

No, I wouldn't recommend buying a new vehicle every year, you probably lose an easy 5-10% of the MSRP value doing so. I can usually beat them up on buying price at the front to knock that down a few points though.

But, I make my money back on the collectible/musclecars