Pit Bull(s) needs home (Houston, Tx)...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pit Bull(s) needs home (Houston, Tx)...

Got a call last nite concerning two viscious pit bulls. The dogs are definitely brothers, look exactly the same (tan/white). The dogs were abandoned by their owner, one was tied to an elderly lady's porch and the other was laying next to him.

The dogs were NOT viscious, just assummed to be because they were barking and are PB's. The dog that was tied up had its ears cropped, neutered and is very people friendly--very gentle--eats food out of your hand.

THe other is not neutered, seems somewhat skittish around people, unless the neutered male is around, then he'll walk right up to you and let you pet him.

Short story long, Animal Control was called to the location during eveneing shift (approx 6p), I was sent there approx 1030p and they still had not come. I was able to load one dog in the car, as seen in the pix. The other dog refused to get in the car.

After an hr of trying to entice the dog to get in the car, we started to leave. The dog chased the car down the street because his brother was in it. We slowed to <10mph and stopped traffic, night shift--not much, and allowed the dog to follow us for 4.1 miles to the City of Houston Animal shelter off Jenson, near Collingsworth.

I really feel bad and all nite tried to find someone to adopt these two before theyre euthanized.

In jail..... He didnt want us to leave...

Pass it around, see if anyone can adopt them...heck, I assume the City does adoptions.....
Old 05-22-2007, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

they are cute
i have too many damn dogs to justafy getting another
Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

i hate hearing things like this. deff a sad story
Old 05-22-2007, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

wish i could help
Old 05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish we had our house already We have already rescued one and she is the sweetest dog ever.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

If I didn't already have my girl and live in an apartment, it would be on like Donkey Kong. Pretty sure the City doesn't allow adoption of any pit type dogs, I even tried bribing some Animal Control employees to let me "adopt" one. Something about more people want them to fight than own responsibly.
sadness
Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Mustang Moderator

If I had a yard I'd definately consider it.

Good luck with it, they can be very loving pets in the right home...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
If I didn't already have my girl and live in an apartment, it would be on like Donkey Kong. Pretty sure the City doesn't allow adoption of any pit type dogs, I even tried bribing some Animal Control employees to let me "adopt" one. Something about more people want them to fight than own responsibly.
sadness

Looking on their website, they do adopt out dogs and they have some PB's (Amer Staffordshire Terr) on their site...but not the 2 I took in....yet