Another infamous cop video

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, def abuse of force

BUT

the videos only start when he begins to attempt to arrest the kids.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Reckless
The whole point is that the actions of the cop were not really appropriate for the offense. Skateboarding or being a little disrespectful to a cop is not grounds for the way that guy acted. In the military, guys like that are considered "unfit to carry a weapon".
I dont know what military you were in, but the Army I was in... that **** was considered *** KICKING!!! Order and discipline... and any way to maintain that.

Seriously, how many kids were there? There was 1 cop trying to maintain order. In that video, he has 1 kid down. What happens that 2 more get a choke hold? He tells them to do something, and they don't because they "feel" that they are being treated unfairly.

At the end of the video, the kid says "You could have just talked to us." At what point was the situation under control enough for the officer to explain anything? He tried to stop them, they ran. They got caught, end of story. You have to maintain authority, thats more than likely why those kids were acting that way... nobody taught them the meaning of respect. Then these jack-offs post what they want you to see, and everyone gets pissed off. I want to see part 0.5 of the video.

No matter how meaningless the law (i.e-skateboarding), its the law. You break it, things can go 2 ways.. they chose the hard way. You wouldn't run from a cop trying to pull you over for speeding because you felt that he/she was targeting you and treating you unfairly because you think you should be able to do 75 in a 55 on an open road.

I guarantee you that if they would have cooperated, they would have been on their way in about 10 minutes.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Reckless
The whole point is that the actions of the cop were not really appropriate for the offense. Skateboarding or being a little disrespectful to a cop is not grounds for the way that guy acted. In the military, guys like that are considered "unfit to carry a weapon".
A little disrespectful?? The kids were trying to run away from him. What would a MP do if you tried to run away from him while he was trying to write you a ticket?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
Nor do you... for all you know the cop came out of nowhere, without warning, and clotheslined the kid as he skated by, then put a crippling Undertaker-esq choke hold on him before body slamming him to the ground...
EXACTLY. NO ONE KNOWS THE WHOLE STORY THAT WHY IT PISSES ME OFF ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE TALKING SHOT ABOUT THE COP. NONE OF US WERE THERE AND NO ONE KNOWS THE ENTIRE STORY SO NO ONE SHOULD HAVE ANY KIND OF OPINION OF IT
Old 06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

those kids are idiots
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

From my experiences the skater kids are a bunch of smart *** little punks who need a good *** whoopin. And a haircut lol.
And I can tell you for sure one of our great Ft Hood MP's would have done a LOT more than that to someone testing him,
Old 06-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Yu gus all make good points....hard to say what really went down..and to jump on the stereotype, these kids were probably trouble makers ....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM

That being said... wasn't the Choke Hold outlawed as a legal restrain maneuver? (sp)
Old 06-27-2007, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Must have been a boring day for the cop before that incident
Old 06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

UPDATE:

Hot Springs (AP) - Video from the popular internet web site YouTube that was posted by one of six people arrested for skateboarding in downtown hot springs is causing quiet a stir.

Hot Springs police say the skateboarders were in violation of a city ordinance. Now three minors and three adults are facing charges, and the officer who arrested them is on administrative leave.

The video--which was shot by one of the skateboarders, and captured almost the entire incident--was posted on YouTube Monday, and has already gotten more than 30,000 hits.

The kids who were arrested say they were just celebrating National Go Skateboarding Day last Thursday, but police say they were breaking the law.

(Matt McCormack, Arrested for Skateboarding) "He grabbed a kid from around his back by the neck and took him to the ground and choked him."

(Skylar Nalls, Arrested for Skateboarding) "The kid didn't know that he was coming after him. He kind of just grabbed him from behind and took him to the ground and started choking him."

Skylar Nalls first ran toward his friend, snapping still photos, before the 19-year-old Nalls is seen on the video running away from the officer.

(Nalls) "He looked up at me and pointed and he said, 'hey you, come here." And then out of instinct, I just ran."

Officer Joseph Williams gave up on chasing Nalls, but held on to the 13-year old.

Now that so many people have seen the incident on YouTube, the Hot Springs Police Department is being forced to take a strong look at one of their own.

(Officer McCrary Means, Hot Springs Police Dept.) "There is a flood of phone calls and emails...right now there is an investigation of the officer involved in the incident."

Two of the juveniles are under house arrest because it's their second time skateboarding on city sidewalks.

video:

mms://video.wjla.com/katv/062607_skateboard.wmv
Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 PM

When they say "administrative leave" I assume it's basically a paid vacation
Old 06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
When they say "administrative leave" I assume it's basically a paid vacation

exactly
Old 06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

holy ****, i hate skateborders and i hate cops but DAMN! WTF!?>!?!?!? is going on cops **** me off WAY more than them kids. and to choke a ****** girl?!?! wtf.

when he identifed the girl on the cb you noticed he said she had a mustache haha
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 PM
LS7 Member

Interesting for sure. Both sides can make good points, and we can only speculate as to what happened before the vid starts. I wonder what will happen.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also dislike skateboarders and cops. I'm not sure which side to take...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Launching!

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...Francis%20X%2e

that officer is facing assault charges for choke holds, which are illegal, no matter what the offense was, and that kid was just riding a go cart without a license
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by khaos288
http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...Francis%20X%2e

that officer is facing assault charges for choke holds, which are illegal, no matter what the offense was, and that kid was just riding a go cart without a license
That's over a decade old...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Launching!

you think arkansas would have gotten the memo that choke holds aren't acceptable then?

plus this is america any justice takes years and years in major cases, like the time when a kid was expelled from highschool with for a sign saying "bong hits for jesus" but was considered innocent after he had already graduated from college, ten years is nothing
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by khaos288
you think arkansas would have gotten the memo that choke holds aren't acceptable then?

plus this is america any justice takes years and years in major cases, like the time when a kid was expelled from highschool with for a sign saying "bong hits for jesus" but was considered innocent after he had already graduated from college, ten years is nothing
uhhh
Old 06-27-2007, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Unless she had a gun (and I assume she didn't), no one, especially a cop should choke hold a 15 year old girl. Out of line IMO.