Another infamous cop video

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DSIM
So here is an idea, don't run. If you don't run, the cop doesn't scrape his knee and you don't have to go to court.
I wasn't justifying him running - it was stupid.. I was more pointing out the fact that Cops will go with the most extreme charges they can get ... My friend went to jail for 3.5 years b/c the cop fell and scraped his knee and he ended up with some kid just out of law school as his attorney
Old 06-28-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sroach20
anyone on here who thinks the cop was in the right is a douche. he was on a power trip and deserves to go to jail for assault on minors.
your a dumbass..
Old 06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

yes they should. they broke the law just like the cop.
the cop didnt break any laws
Old 06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

actually.. that "alleged battery" charge I think is when the cop scraped his knee. If I recall correctly. The cop looks at his knee and says... " thats battery" or something along those lines.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
I wasn't justifying him running - it was stupid.. I was more pointing out the fact that Cops will go with the most extreme charges they can get ... My friend went to jail for 3.5 years b/c the cop fell and scraped his knee and he ended up with some kid just out of law school as his attorney

If you run, you deserve whatever you get. You are taking a chance, you got a 50-50 shot. But if you get the bad 50%, then that is that. It may be rediculous, but everyone has a choice. They chose to be retarded, they got caught.

I did say, however, that I can't say the officer was in the right. 5 on 1 is 5 on 1... period. At the time the 13 year old was taken down, I am pretty sure that he had ample time to think about what he was going to do, just like the idiot that ran.

I am in no way advocating a choke hold on a 15 year old, nor excessive police force. I am also not saying that the officers actions here were right.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Who really cares if the cop was in the right or wrong. Whats worse is that there are 3 kids there with 2 ADULTS. The two adults should of tried to take some of the heat away from the younger kids and talked to the cop and left it at that. Nope, they all tried to run away which just makes it a totally different issue.

Kids wouldnt of tried to run away, cop wouldnt of arrested them and video tape wouldnt of been on the net.

Also its been posted that there is a skate park in Hot Springs so why did they have to be downtown during a very busy time of day??
Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
actually.. that "alleged battery" charge I think is when the cop scraped his knee. If I recall correctly. The cop looks at his knee and says... " thats battery" or something along those lines.

Yea, I remember hearing that too. But I would hope there is a difference in striking someone, and an idiot falling on his face. You would think that there would be no evidence of him striking the officer, especially if he is on tape saying that he fell and scraped his knee.... and who knows if he scraped his knee tackling him, or one of the other idiots.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black_Tx_WS6
Your quote about the "Alleged Battery" is amusing ...

I have a buddy up in Denton who ran from the Cops when he was a kid. The Cop tripped and busted his knee on a rock while my buddy got away. Anyway, the cops put out a warrant for his arrest for "Assaulting an Officer" - So for all we know, the Battery charge could be for him touching the cop inadvertantly while videotaping... who knows
the kid hit the cop on the hand with his throat.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WildBills WS6/SS
the cop didnt break any laws
im a dumbass? your the one who thinks excessive force is legal. ever heard the term you can use only the force necessary to facilitate an arrest and no more.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Cops can be quite vendictive if they want to be. They'll down right throw the book at you for anything and everything they can find to get you into trouble so they feel better about themselves. Most cop's jobs are boring on a day to day basis. Very seldom do they get to use their guns (in any facet) or use physical force to take someone down (especially in a smaller city like Hot Springs). When they get any kind of opportunity to have some excitment, they'll take it and run with it all the way to the bank.

That cop was angry...you could tell. He was just plain pissed off (for whatever reason) and took it out on those kids. I'm sure it would have been possible to line them all up, make them put down their fagboards and put handcuffs on them all if they truly needed to be arrested. An offense like "no skateboarding on the sidewalks" seems more like a ticketing offense to me. From what I could see, only one kid actually ran. The others were just standing around like idiots waiting for this to come down.

The EMO fagboarders were in the wrong by breaking the law, but I feel the cop could have handled it better. Seriously, what does one stand to gain by chasing a kid across a very busy road/intersection?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

I got roughed up by some pigs once for alledgedly holding someone hostage with an armed weapon.

It was actually an empty BB pistol and the hostage was a friend standing outside my car. All 4 cops surrounded my car, drew their weapons and threatened to shoot me if I didn't get out of the car and let the hostage go. I was like...WHAT???!!! They pushed me up against a brick wall, hand-cuffed me and then threw me on the ground with no way to brace myself.
The person that called 911 from a payphone didn't leave any contact information so when they found out it was an unloaded BB gun (that didn't even look like a real gun), they uncuffed and said I could go.
Then, the A-hole bossman in the group said wait, we can arrest him for creating a " public panic." The cop that uncuffed me said...we can't, the person that called didn't give any contact info so we would have no way to have her come in to testify. He said...oh...well, arrest him anyways. They put the cuffs back on me and put me in the back of the squad car and took me down to the station.
I had to give some BS confession, they took the BB gun as "evidence" and then dropped all charges when my Dad got there. It was total BS! I cooperated, never resisted and they still "roughed" me up good. Small town...cops get off on actually having some "action" in their day to day business.

Needless to say, some friends saw me get arrested so when I came to school on Monday...it was "look out, he's got a gun!!" And we laughed about it for the rest of the year...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Cops can be quite vendictive if they want to be. They'll down right throw the book at you for anything and everything they can find to get you into trouble so they feel better about themselves. Most cop's jobs are boring on a day to day basis. Very seldom do they get to use their guns (in any facet) or use physical force to take someone down (especially in a smaller city like Hot Springs). When they get any kind of opportunity to have some excitment, they'll take it and run with it all the way to the bank.
Thats in every facet of life where there is someone in a position of authority. I missed formation once, and instead of an easy negative counseling... it was more like "Failure to obey a Non-Commissioned Officer.. Failure to obey a Sr. NCO. Failure to obey a Commissioned Officer." Trust me, that doesn't look good in a Article-15 hearing... and all I did was be late.

That cop was angry...you could tell. He was just plain pissed off (for whatever reason) and took it out on those kids.
Id be pissed off to if 6 ******** disrespected me that way. One person can only be pushed so far before they go crazy. I am sure all that cop wanted to do was stop them and tell them to GO TO THE SKATE PARK, but they wanted to be jackasses and run. I would have treated them the same way (well, without the choke holds of course). I would have been a super huge *******, why? You get respect when you give respect. You don't have to respect the man, but if I am a cop... you damn sure better respect the badge.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

I got roughed up by some pigs once for alledgedly holding someone hostage with an armed weapon.

It was actually an empty BB pistol and the hostage was a friend standing outside my car. All 4 cops surrounded my car, drew their weapons and threatened to shoot me if I didn't get out of the car and let the hostage go. I was like...WHAT???!!! They pushed me up against a brick wall, hand-cuffed me and then threw me on the ground with no way to brace myself.
The person that called 911 from a payphone didn't leave any contact information so when they found out it was an unloaded BB gun (that didn't even look like a real gun), they uncuffed and said I could go.
Then, the A-hole bossman in the group said wait, we can arrest him for creating a " public panic." The cop that uncuffed me said...we can't, the person that called didn't give any contact info so we would have no way to have her come in to testify. He said...oh...well, arrest him anyways. They put the cuffs back on me and put me in the back of the squad car and took me down to the station.
I had to give some BS confession, they took the BB gun as "evidence" and then dropped all charges when my Dad got there. It was total BS! I cooperated, never resisted and they still "roughed" me up good. Small town...cops get off on actually having some "action" in their day to day business.

Needless to say, some friends saw me get arrested so when I came to school on Monday...it was "look out, he's got a gun!!" And we laughed about it for the rest of the year...

Bet you wont carry around a BB gun like that again thou.....
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DSIM
Bet you wont carry around a BB gun like that again thou.....
HAHA...heck no! I carry around a flame-thrower now .

The part that really pissed me off is when they let me go and then said..."oh, let's find something else to arrest him for!" knowing that they couldn't do jack to me. That's just abuse of power IMO.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

HAHA...heck no! I carry around a flame-thrower now .

The part that really pissed me off is when they let me go and then said..."oh, let's find something else to arrest him for!" knowing that they couldn't do jack to me. That's just abuse of power IMO.

Happens every day. They sure as **** are not going to waste their time letting you go... HELL no. They are there, might as well help you donate some money to the city.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Pdan maybe they were searching for your ***** of mass destruction?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GTO JIMMY
Pdan maybe they were searching for your ***** of mass destruction?
They found it alright...sort of. It was neatly coiled up in my crotch and then the end was tucked into my sock. If I had enough time, I could have cast out the cwock knocking the cops unconscious and then swung away on it like spiderman does with his webs... It's a veritable force down there...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by John Ceta
I don't want a calm down Farva, I want a GODDAMN LITRE OF COLA!

Farva......your back on the radio!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

im a dumbass? your the one who thinks excessive force is legal. ever heard the term you can use only the force necessary to facilitate an arrest and no more.
that wasn't excessive force. It was 5 on 1 and he had to do that to make the arrest so he did it. Trust me BRO I know allot more about the law than you do. The girl ran so she got what she deserved. Ill bet any amount of money after the review of this the cop doesn't get in any kind of trouble.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Would some of you get off this cop's nuts for using a chokehold on the girl. In the heat of the moment like that, I'm sure it was more about gaining control of the situation and having to attempt to apprehend TWO un-cooperative suspects at the same time. He only had the little bitch in the "hold" for a few seconds, and here's what most of you should realize, HE ******* LET HER GO!!! In fact, it sounds like he tells the other "cop" to "grab her" while he tries to get control of the dude.

For Christ's sake, it's not like he body-slammed her head to the ground while he was doing this. I've watched the video quite a few times and I see no evidence of malicious intent. Yeah, he looks a little pissed, but like someone else said earlier, you probably would be too, if all these little dis-respectful punks were questioning your authority that way.

All I know is this. If my kid (boy or girl) pulled this kind of **** and blatantly disobeyed a direct, lawful order from a LEO, they'd have much bigger things to worry about than what that cop did to those kids!

Last edited by Corny40; 06-28-2007 at 03:09 PM.