I knew Kalifornia was crazy... but VIRGINIA?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please go on and on about how Hollywood-land is crazy. have you ever been there for more then a few days? Most of what I read in the Texas forum about California is untrue, half facts or twisted information. Kind of like mmmmmm This post.

What you see on the news is not what life is like in California. Hell you went by only the news I would say that in Texas people do nothing but go around killing each other....wait I think that one is true sense Houston just hit #1 killing capitol of the U.S. I think.

I do think Virgina did go over board with this one. I do think that Texas did it right. Hay if your going to brake the laws over and over again then your going to pay.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by greggvh
What you see on the news is not what life is like in California. Hell you went by only the news I would say that in Texas people do nothing but go around killing each other....wait I think that one is true sense Houston just hit #1 killing capitol of the U.S. I think.
We do go around killing fools.... "Don't Mess With Texas." And if you were watching the news over the last few years, you would know there was an itty bitty storm over in Louisiana that sent some of their finest to Houston.

I don't want to start a war over this, as I was referring to Kalifornia's vehicle laws (as this is a vehicle law related thread)... not necessarily the citizens of said state..... although you do got some crazy ones there.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:03 PM
bcs
Staging Lane

Sec. 708.151. NOTICE OF SURCHARGE. The department shall
notify the holder of a driver's license of the assessment of a
surcharge on that license by first class mail sent to the person's
most recent address as shown on the records of the department. The
notice must specify the date by which the surcharge must be paid and
state the consequences of a failure to pay the surcharge.
WTF! Never got anything by mail and I even called DPS because what had happened to my friends and they said everything is fine.
Then I get pulled over and the cop says he could take me to jail if he wanted because I no longer had a license because of surcharges on my license.

Yeah great system..Also this surcharge crap apply to tickets from years ago.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DSIM
Yea, Kalifornia. Or Crapifornia.... or Crazifornia. Whichever you prefer.

You got a comment on the article, which was the point of the thread, or what?
Most BEAUTIFUL STATE in the U.S. And I have seen 43 now. The WEST COAST of N.America is more beautiful than the rest put together. I dare anyone to go up the coast from San Diego to Vancouver,B.C. , then North to Alaska and disagree with my statement...You would really have to be a MAN to think not...Laws in Cali are not that bad...geeeez

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 07-03-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

So name the laws that you think are crazy.

P.S. I live in Houston. Something happened to my info....Great im homeless. I should move to Louisiana I here its nice over there
Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Most BEAUTIFUL STATE in the U.S. And I have seen 43 now. The WEST COAST of N.America is more beautiful than the rest put together. I dare anyone to go up the coast from San Diego to Vancouver,B.C. , then North to Alaska and disagree with my statement...You would really have to be a MAN to think not...Laws in Cali are not that bad...geeeez

I will agree with you on that... but only from Oregon up (been to 23 different states). Plus my wife is from Vancouver, and her dad lives about 30 minutes north of Whistler... so I know that drive, and enjoy it plenty.

CA in general is crazy to me, I hate their politics.. and thats what traffic laws are. How to make stupid crazy money off John Q Public. Did you know its illegal to have the Barret .50cal sniper rifle in LA? Thats a second amendment right... I call that crazy.

I do have to ask all the CA lovers... if its so great, what the hell are you doing in Texas??????????????????????

And I am not saying "If you dont like it, get the **** out," I am just wondering.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by greggvh
So name the laws that you think are crazy.

P.S. I live in Houston. Something happened to my info....Great im homeless. I should move to Louisiana I here its nice over there
Have you seen the CA emissions laws?
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

do you under stand why CA emissions are the way they are? CA is not flat like Texas. LA is a big bowl open from one side the side the air comes in from. So all the polution that comes out of the cars dose not just blow away like it does in Texas it just sits there over LA. So something has to be done. So the 20 years that I have been going to LA I can clearly see th diffrence its making. The inland vally is bad also because what does get out of San Fran and LA inds up there and its still pretty bad. So does that help you understand why they do it?

Now that I live in Houston I see no diffrence between emmisions in CA and Houston and have had more trouble getting my inspection tag in Texas becasue o my god they dont think my wippers work as good as they should. On a car that has less then 1k sense the last inspection.

You guys talk about how its a money making deal for the emmisions in CA mmmm Every corner in Houston seems to have some body that does testing. And you have to do it every year in texas where in CA its every 2 years. If you buy a new car its 4 years before you have to do your first one then every 2 years.

So now what is so bad about the CA emmisions?