Damn army people called me..

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
I had several guys on my case for a loooong time. You cant listen to a damn thing that recruiters say, 3/4 of them are full of ****, and the other 1/4 of them will tell you that the others are full of ****.

How do you know a recruiter is lying? His lips are moving.

Originally Posted by joezz28
I think the recruiters should ease off a little, and respect the wishes of someone who asks them politely to not call again.
First off, its not harassment if you contacted to begin with, if not.. then shame on them. Contact the Do Not Call Registry and file a complaint if you are on the list.

They are playing the numbers game. Eventually, someone is going to join. You never know, one day you may be thinking about it and the recruiter will call. And for some reason, at that split second, you think it sounds like a good idea. I really don't think you understand the amount of pressure the station command is under. I guarantee that there are times where if you are not talking to someone face to face, you better be on the phone.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the mall with my nephew and this E4 cpl recruiter was tryin my nephew. He told him no thanks Im in collage. Im standing there quite as kept, Then he said drop out of collage and join so the army can pay for it. Thats when I step in and told him to AT EASE THAT ****!!!! I showed him my ID card and ask him for his base commander, He says why? I told him for tellin people bullshit about the army and what it has to offer. He says it will pay for collage I told him his collage is paid in full my parents, cousin, ants and uncles are rich. I wont have to work at age 35. I join because Im tired of handouts.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I was in the mall with my nephew and this E4 cpl recruiter was tryin my nephew. He told him no thanks Im in collage. Im standing there quite as kept, Then he said drop out of collage and join so the army can pay for it. Thats when I step in and told him to AT EASE THAT ****!!!! I showed him my ID card and ask him for his base commander, He says why? I told him for tellin people bullshit about the army and what it has to offer. He says it will pay for collage I told him his collage is paid in full my parents, cousin, ants and uncles are rich. I wont have to work at age 35. I join because Im tired of handouts.

They tried all that same **** on me, so I just called my uncle up and put him on the phone with my recruiter. (E8, 23 years in)
After some yelling and screaming from the other end of the phone the recruiter hung up and it seems like the way the army worked was totally different after that point!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING

brag a little?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I signed up for the NAVY and leave sept 5,
What are your plans in the Navy?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I signed up for the NAVY and leave sept 5, well one day the army called and was trying to get me to sign up. I just told them that i already had signed up for the navy and his response was that I made a bad decision, havent heard from them since. About a month later the Air Force calls me up, told him the same thing and he was cool about it. If u dont want them calling u all the time just tell them u signed with another branch they wont mess with u anymore.
Congrats man.. I've been in the Navy for 5 1/2 years and love it.. what did you choose for your RATE (job)??
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you ever get any branch of the armed services calling you and you don't want to go (or any telemarketer or other solicitation), it should be really easy to get them to never call you again.

all you have to do is tell them that you are not interested, and that they had better take your phone number off their list, and that they had better not share your information with anyone else, or the next time they hear from you, it will be from your lawyer with a harassment lawsuit.

be sure to get their name/rank and all that stuff too, so you can name names when they decide you're bluffing and call you again.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Recruiters will lie so much to get you into the military.

I remeber when i was in Basic and the drill sergeants would love to point out how stupid you were for believing them.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Teching In

I laugh at people who hate their recruiters. How do you get lied at about a job that you can go on google, and find every bad thing someone has to say about it?
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

im sorry, not sure how yall feel, or even if you will join and be sent to war, but just considering that you would, I dont think dying is worth payin for my education.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by acertx
I laugh at people who hate their recruiters. How do you get lied at about a job that you can go on google, and find every bad thing someone has to say about it?
ya know, dumbasses.

Lucky for me back when i joined I wasnt lied to one bit. I had a cool recruiter.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

get accepted to college FIRST, then look into ROTC. i went to an engineering school, and ROTC was really big there... mostly airforce and navy, but some army as well. they make you take some BS ROTC classes while in college and you gotta do some boyscouts stuff on the side. you'll have a guaranteed job for 4 years after school, and since uncle sam just invested a butt ton of money on your brain, they arent gonna send you off to the sandbox (unless thats where you really want to go).
Old 07-05-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
and since uncle sam just invested a butt ton of money on your brain, they arent gonna send you off to the sandbox (unless thats where you really want to go).
Who the **** told you that bullshit? You think a 2LT is above going to the sandbox, lol? Amazing. "Yeah all you Majors and Colonels have to go to Baghdad because we cant send the new LT's since we spent money on them"

I am going to assume you havent served in the military.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

I can even get my 20 year old brother in the army..... took the test.. failed the background.

6 months ago he was sleeping in his car at a friends house ( I wouldnt allow him to stay at my house....long story ) and he was arrested by the police. He had a single pill of Vicodin in his bag he borrowed from my mom. The police have been to his friends house numberous times. Anyway... took him to jail for 3 no insurance tickets etc etc...

he has a "Possession of a controlled substance -Narcotic" on his record.

the fact that it says narcotic he cant go. The judge never said it would say narcotic... and it was never proven to be so. He wanted out of jail, plead guilty... and bam.... No Military...

Meanwhile the ******* are harrasing folks that dont want to go!!! LMGDAO!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Havok2
brag a little?

Just a little you see two black guys walkin around in the mall at 10 am they must be broke and jobless( Its a GA thing) That guy assume that he was havin a hard time payin for collage, to be so young. Im not the guy to just go out and brag my *** off I figured I had to let him know he is coverd
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Hehehe, I remember right as I was graduating HS back in ’99 (back in ’99? Like I’m some old man now looking back on “the good old days” from the lofty heights of my 26 years of age ) I had this really persistent Navy guy trying to recruit me. I was always very polite (gotta show respect for the folks who defend the country and whatnot) and explained that I had plans to go to college, but he kept trying. Now I didn’t mind him calling me on weekends and whatnot and asking me to consider joining and such, but things got just a little creepy when he started inviting me out for lunch to discuss things. I suppose the idea of a free lunch on the Navy’s dime isn’t such a bad thing, but the problem was that the place he kept asking me to go was a local gay bar… Really makes you wonder about all those rumors about them Navy guys, eh?
Old 07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ARCguy
but the problem was that the place he kept asking me to go was a local gay bar… Really makes you wonder about all those rumors about them Navy guys, eh?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by acertx

I dont know about when you joined, but when I did.. Google was not around. Plus, I went to MEPS with the idea of getting Combat Engineer... but "there were no open schools for that..." or at least thats what the job-picker-helper-guy told me. Thats when he pointed me at Cav Scout. There was no way I was going to be able to search the net before that.

Even the video for Cav Scout was a lie. The first thing my drill said to us is "Don't ******* ask me about dune buggy's... we dont ******* get them."

.... the video they show you has guys on dune buggy's and **** like that.......
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

People are quick to write off the military, you play your cards right, you can get some decent job skills for when you get out. Not every single job is a combat job also, a lot of them you can look at as a free vocational school and training that you get paid to be at. Not well maybe, but you can get some good skills and learn trades. I have family in the military and a lot of friends thats are in or have been. Just a matter of being smart and using the military to help you in the long run. I don't really care if people don't want to serve, if I could have I would have but oh well. I got way to many friends in Iraq and Afghanistan and all agree, they dont want some one looking out for them that doesnt wanna be there.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
People are quick to write off the military, you play your cards right, you can get some decent job skills for when you get out.

You got that right. I was not that smart when I joined thou. I was 19 and wanted to blow some **** up... thats why I tried for CE, but being a 19D (SCOUTS OUT!!!) was a good time. Just don't have much civilian use for recon.

Although, I did drive my *** off in the Army (driving record shows just over 401,000 miles accident free) but I don't know how to get a job as a test driver for some off-road ****.

EDIT: Found some **** I was involved in back in the Army.. Click to Start once you click here (you will see a list of vehicles on slide #20, I drove the Bionix 25)

So if anyone knows how to get into that test driver industry... please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DSIM; 07-05-2007 at 12:06 PM.