Checkout the link...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5499932

It was a Pewter SS with chrome wheels.

I hope it wasn't anyone from here.
well, monique you know it wasn't me, lol
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a member here and although I don't post much I read all the time. Unfortunately this was my brother that was involved in this. I ask can you please keep all negative comments to yourself; this is hard on everyone. Could you please pray for the family that was involved and for him(us).

Thanks

Keith
Old 07-22-2007, 08:25 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
Jeff, i am not making assumptions, i guess i should have also stated that drunk driving is illegal to, my bad for not doing so...The bottom line is at that time in the morning to be going as fast as they think he might have been going while switching lanes think about what he was doing than. This poor guy who has caused the wreck, will now have it on his mind for the rest of his life. Like I said before, it was an ugly scene that I saw, and to think that could have happened to anyone of us or our families makes you think twice about what we do these days. Doesn't matter if he was driving a Camaro or a Chevette, it still happened and we all as individuals have to deal with it. Another thing is, we as a community of people who like to go fast are targeted as trouble when something happens, that is how we are perceived in society and we have to deal with it..
Andrew,
I hear you and I wasn't trying to point the finger at such a little detail either I was a little focused on giving the guy the benefit of the dought although it is not looking good for his inocence (SP?), but who knows for sure. Also you are correct on that it doesn't matter what happened people's lives just changed dramaticly for the worse and something they all are going to have to deal with. Sorry for everyone involved!
Jeff

Last edited by Inspector12; 07-22-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by headhunter27
I am a member here and although I don't post much I read all the time. Unfortunately this was my brother that was involved in this. I ask can you please keep all negative comments to yourself; this is hard on everyone. Could you please pray for the family that was involved and for him(us).

Thanks

Keith
Sorry about what happened to your brother, we all race at one point or another you just gotta be smart about it.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Not saying he was or wasn't we don't know for sure but don't just jump on the police/media's bandwagon and say they were...they are just throwing that **** out there all the time to gain support from more of the public so that they can continue to crack down on anything that may resemble a race etc...
A story like this, or any story for this matter, will get more ratings if they add that little bit of unofficial and may I even say tottaly BS information about it being a street racing accident.

Truth is, media=50% actually facts/50% bullshit (unless it's CNN where it would be a 1%/99% fact to BS split)

Don't believe everything you hear...it is why the media has so much power in how things are percieved in this country. And to the average ignorant person who takes in everything and doesn't question information, might as well bend over for the media.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Wow watching the story about this on the news right now.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Launching!

thats crazy. I hope for his sake he does get a fair shake in all of this. I know that if he was racing it seems odd as how he would not have seen the truck unless he was checking his mirrors. Too where was the other guy that was racing? If he just took off thats messed up. I know at times I do get on it against other cars, I think we all have at one point in time or another. I just hope and pray that everyone involved can somehow cope with this tragic loss.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

it sounds like the woman that died (the woman that baby was saved...) in the first part of the video it sound like they says she was a " young mother" and that she was 16 or thats what it sounds like to me ...thats ashame at such a young age ....
Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Fiery Features Director

It is really sad that this happened and I will keep both families in my prayers. I certainly hope this wasn't the case, but many times around here people will pull out in front of cars to slow them down if they feel they are going too fast. We have some really rude drivers that feel the need to take the law into their own hands and will do what they can to cause conflict for someone they feel is not "doing right" on the streets. It is possible that they were speeding and this truck noticed them coming up and changed lanes rapidly to slow them down. Like I said.. I HOPE that isn't what happened but I see it almost every other day.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wonder if those ZR1's are still usable...terrible terrible thing
Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Resident

those dont look like zr1's. they look like c5 rims.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Regular

In any case he was going way to fast for traffic. So what's the difference? HPD will scan the PCM and check his speed etc.

Here's what I see, A family was traveling on the freeway in a truck when they were struck from behind so hard that they lost control and crashed. Now a woman is dead and a family is destroyed. Some responsibility is due. Whether or not the car driver is a "good" person or not is irrelivant. It would take a pretty large difference in speed to cause this accident and obviously the truck was already moving along. It's a tradgedy for everyone involved for sure but trying to say that the car's excessive speed, for whatever reason, wasn't the primary cause is ignoring the obvious. And if it was a street race the other participant is chargable with "felony murder" so sure that person will not stop.

I'm not innocent but perhaps more careful.

Vernon
Old 07-23-2007, 07:21 AM
TECH Regular

Lesson learned if you want to race go to the track or least congested area you can find; but there seems to be alot of traffic at all times of the day/night on 45/beltway !
Old 07-23-2007, 09:21 AM
12 Second Club

well since nobody has said anything on behalf of the girl that passed away and the miracle that the baby girl lived....

God bless her and may she R.I.P. Nobody deserves to die. I hope that guy wasnt street racing if he WAS then give him the maximum punishment by law. if he wasnt, then he has my complete support and sympathy...

thought and prayers go out to her family.

Jerry
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

Thats horrible for both sides. Nobody really has any room to critisize because everybody here has "street raced" in some form or fashion, whether it was organized or just a freeway blast. Something COULD HAVE gone wrong and we could be in the same spot.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

He said he wasn't racing. Like that will hold up.

Pony up to the bar son, get what you deserve.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Thats horrible for both sides. Nobody really has any room to critisize because everybody here has "street raced" in some form or fashion, whether it was organized or just a freeway blast. Something COULD HAVE gone wrong and we could be in the same spot.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok was it just me or did the news say that she was 16, 8 months pregnant and had another baby in the truck??? WTF??!?!

Anyways that sucks that someone had to lose their life. If he was street racing then he should get what was coming to him.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
I totally agree.

Devin is a good friend of mine. And its hard because two families lives are changed forever. Its just so extremely tragic.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Nobody would even read the article if the media didn't mention street racing in the title. I haven't seen any proof or witness statements that said they were actually racing. People die in vehicle crashes just about daily in Houston, but the stories do not get much buzz about them unless something illegal like street racing is mentioned.

"Police say he was racing" isn't good enough. I don't consider them a witness unless they were in hot pursuit of the two alleged racing vehicles.

Quick Reply: Alleged street racing wreck/death...