Alleged street racing wreck/death...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Nobody would even read the article if the media didn't mention street racing in the title. I haven't seen any proof or witness statements that said they were actually racing. People die in vehicle crashes just about daily in Houston, but the stories do not get much buzz about them unless something illegal like street racing is mentioned.

"Police say he was racing" isn't good enough. I don't consider them a witness unless they were in hot pursuit of the two alleged racing vehicles.
You're right, Tony.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GO4URS
You're right, Tony.
Yeah, one of the stories showed a cop saying that a driver on the frontage road witnessed the cars traveling at a high rate of speed, like 90+. How the hell would someone on the frontage road going ~40mph be able to tell cars on the freeway are going that fast, unless civilians have started carrying radar guns in their cars now???
Old 07-23-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its kind of like dog attacks....you never hear about them unless a pitbull is involved...gives them a worst name than they already have. Its crazy how much control the media has on the audience's perspective...if that makes sence.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:00 PM
8 Sec Tuner

I'm a personal friend of Devins and his brother. I will say everyone makes mistakes lets just hope everything works out. I will be praying for him and his family. And to the guy that asked about the rims I will personally **** you up if I ever meet you. Do not make a bad situation worse at someone elses expense.

John Landers
Old 07-23-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The media sensationalizing this incident is just as bad as blowing it off to just another Houston traffic accident.

Going out on the assumption limb a bit, leads me to conclude ...

Assuming the vehicle that had the girl in it was doing 50mph, which is a reasonable assumption on the hiway in question, the closing rate of speed had to be significant. 2 cars going the same direction with one hitting the other with enough velocity to knock it off the road and roll down an embankment AND after the 2nd vehicle had left a length of skid marks attempting to stop, tells me it would be easy enough to decide that the Camaro was being operated in a reckless manor. Doesn't street racing fall into the reckless operation of a motor vehicle statute?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
I'm a personal friend of Devins and his brother. I will say everyone makes mistakes lets just hope everything works out. I will be praying for him and his family. And to the guy that asked about the rims I will personally **** you up if I ever meet you. Do not make a bad situation worse at someone elses expense.

John Landers
Everyone does make mistakes, I hope you pray for the girls family as well, your buddy is still alive.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Damn this is sad situation. Im on the freeway everyday, and night, and i always hope not to see anything like this. I hope both parties the best of luck.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Accident reconstruction can tell you a lot. Maybe in this case not whether the Camaro was street racing per se but at what rate of speed the Camaro and truck were going at the time of thier impact, and where they were i.e. placement in thier respective lane. That will help determining fault and whether wreckless endangerment may have played a role. I'm not too keen on "eye witness" testimony either because of the high rate of inaccuracy especially by a single witness at that hour.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved right down to the emergency crews, and doctors that are caring for the small baby. May they all in some way be able to cope and find peace within themselves. Let this remind us all just how precious life is and spend that extra minute chatting with those we love as if it was the last time you will see them, and take nothing for granted.

Trace.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mitchntx
The media sensationalizing this incident is just as bad as blowing it off to just another Houston traffic accident.

Going out on the assumption limb a bit, leads me to conclude ...

Assuming the vehicle that had the girl in it was doing 50mph, which is a reasonable assumption on the hiway in question, the closing rate of speed had to be significant. 2 cars going the same direction with one hitting the other with enough velocity to knock it off the road and roll down an embankment AND after the 2nd vehicle had left a length of skid marks attempting to stop, tells me it would be easy enough to decide that the Camaro was being operated in a reckless manor. Doesn't street racing fall into the reckless operation of a motor vehicle statute?
no i thought street racing was a contest of speed to see which participant can reach a point first......im sure they could tack it on though....sucks for everyone involved.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***** hurt mod edited my post

Last edited by xBROKEx; 07-23-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I dont know the guy personally but I know many people that consider him a great person and a great friend. Hopefully things will work out for him.

On another note: I am trying to figure out what a 16 yr old is doing knocked up and already has another one. Wasnt her boyfriend in his 20's? Not saying anything bad about the deceased but has anyone thought of that?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Sometimes bad things happen to good people. I dont know the guy personally but I know many people that consider him a great person and a great friend. Hopefully things will work out for him.

On another note: I am trying to figure out what a 16 yr old is doing knocked up and already has another one. Wasnt her boyfriend in his 20's? Not saying anything bad about the deceased but has anyone thought of that?
Thought about what? What does it matter how old she was?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Thought about what? What does it matter how old she was?

Like I said, it wasnt about that the woman died. That was a tragedy in itself.

I was stating the fact that she is rather young to have two kids. Also I heard that her bf was much older which would constitute statatory rape.

Not dissing the facts at hand at all.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS

John Landers

I was going to give it a Shark attack, but noticed it was u, I agree to the guy asking about the rims, u r a ******* idiot for even mentioning that, whether u meant it or not.....u deserve an *** kicking
Old 07-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Randy_S

What are you trying to say here?? So 16yrs with two Kids has it coming??? You really should let us know how that statment has anything to do with what happend?????

Last edited by Take 2; 07-23-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Take 2
What are you trying to say here?? So 16yrs with two Kids have it coming??? You really should let us know how that statment has anything to do with what happend?????

Read the post below. It had nothing to do with the terrible tragedy that has changed two families lives. Just a statement
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I know Devin pretty well, and he is a very good person. I can honestly say if any of you were to meet him, you'd agree. I hope both parties can get through this extremely painful/difficult time.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I too noticed the age of the woman with the two young kids. Just something that jumps out to me where underage pregnancy is really a big problem. Yes it does suck for the families involved but its just something I notice.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, this sucks for all parties involved. Funny how the officer in the interview (on that link) claims the witness said the vehicles were traveling over 90 mph. He also stated that the witness was approaching the on ramp at 35-40 mph. How the hell would the witness know how fast both the cars were going (moving at 35-40 mph) and if they were racing. There are people that I call "clusterfucks" that cruise < 1 carlength of each other like a yellow flag at Daytona. So I guess all clusterfucks are racing on the highway, .

Another point. I drive through Dallas a lot on the weekends when I go hang out with some friends north of. I will be cruising at 65-70-75 mph and people will pull out in front of me and I have to slam on the brakes, drop a gear and get the hell away from these ********.

I am in no way blaming either party for the wreck. It is a horrible situation and it just seems that what the facts are, and how the liberal media spins things, all of this doesn't add up.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bballr4567
I too noticed the age of the woman with the two young kids. Just something that jumps out to me where underage pregnancy is really a big problem. Yes it does suck for the families involved but its just something I notice.
I did too, and what she was doing with them at almost 3 in the morning. Just laying out some facts.

Quick Reply: Alleged street racing wreck/death...