Alleged street racing wreck/death...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody seen anything about seat belts and was anybody wearing them? I can't seem to find anything as of yet..
Old 07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSunSS
I did too, and what she was doing with them at almost 3 in the morning. Just laying out some facts.
They were on thier way home from the hospital. She thought she was in labor. There's a fact for you...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSunSS
I did too, and what she was doing with them at almost 3 in the morning. Just laying out some facts.
facts that have no bearing on the situation what so ever.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Badass pool player

The fact of the matter is that if anyone in a high performance vehicle is involved in a situation where someone is hurt and they're travelling above the speed limit, the media is 99.9% of the time going to categorize it as "street racing" - it sells papers and raises ratings.

Was it racing? Who knows and at this point, it doens't really matter. What matters is that someone lost their life and someone else is going to face the consequences of that. Lives have been changed forever and none positively.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by poolfanatic
The fact of the matter is that if anyone in a high performance vehicle is involved in a situation where someone is hurt and they're travelling above the speed limit, the media is 99.9% of the time going to categorize it as "street racing" - it sells papers and raises ratings.

Was it racing? Who knows and at this point, it doens't really matter. What matters is that someone lost their life and someone else is going to face the consequences of that. Lives have been changed forever and none positively.
Damn ... I wish I had said that!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Fiery Features Director

I will admit that if it was my family member that died, I wouldn't be very sympathetic and I am sure many of you would feel the same. I know many of you are very close to James and we all want to come up with facts that make this whole tragedy "better". He might have been drinking, racing, speeding... whatever. He caused an accident that unfortunately took a life. The life may have been a pregnant 16 year old girl, she may have been an illegal, she may have been married to an older man... it really doesn't matter. I will admit that even I wanted to believe that it could have been partly the fault of the truck driver. Poolfanatic is right though... we should stop worrying about all the details (many of which could be incorrect) and start focusing on the facts of the actual tragedy. One person is in jail having to live knowing that he took a life and the other family is dealing with a lost loved one. Very sad....

BTW -- Don't bother posting any rude and disrespectful comments because they will be deleted.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zangel
I will admit that if it was my family member that died, I wouldn't be very sympathetic and I am sure many of you would feel the same. I know many of you are very close to James and we all want to come up with facts that make this whole tragedy "better". He might have been drinking, racing, speeding... whatever. He caused an accident that unfortunately took a life. The life may have been a pregnant 16 year old girl, she may have been an illegal, she may have been married to an older man... it really doesn't matter. I will admit that even I wanted to believe that it could have been partly the fault of the truck driver. Poolfanatic is right though... we should stop worrying about all the details (many of which could be incorrect) and start focusing on the facts of the actual tragedy. One person is in jail having to live knowing that he took a life and the other family is dealing with a lost loved one. Very sad....

BTW -- Don't bother posting any rude and disrespectful comments because they will be deleted.

One of the Smartest things said in this Thread !!!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

I will chime in, a handful of ls1 tech members,are young,spoiled ignorant a$$holes. Just wanted to get that out of my chest. 2 family members are in pain, and dis-belief ,for the ignorant guys,have some respect.
justa v6?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by just a v6?
I will chime in, a handful of ls1 tech members,are young,spoiled ignorant a$$holes. Just wanted to get that out of my chest. 2 family members are in pain, and dis-belief ,for the ignorant guys,have some respect.
justa v6?

How about this, it happened and it is what it is, instead of all the negativity, how tight of a community our we? Ask yourself that, this can eliminate all the jump on the band wagon members and the real members. My proposal, call me stupid or whatever, set up a fund for both the family members of the victim and the defense for Devin and see how many people will want to help out both sides. Someone get it set up I will be the 1st to donate to both sides. Its not about the money, its about helping with the pain that occurs now and will occur in the future. You ask why set it up for both of them, why not if you want to do something about it help out the 2 parties that might be in need, no matter what side u r on.... Just a thought for everyone to ponder over insted of blaming someone back and forth.

Andrew Alepa
Old 07-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

all i can say is if ur gonna do that just be careful. i knw we all do it
Old 07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632

How about this, it happened and it is what it is, instead of all the negativity, how tight of a community our we? Ask yourself that, this can eliminate all the jump on the band wagon members and the real members. My proposal, call me stupid or whatever, set up a fund for both the family members of the victim and the defense for Devin and see how many people will want to help out both sides. Someone get it set up I will be the 1st to donate to both sides. Its not about the money, its about helping with the pain that occurs now and will occur in the future. You ask why set it up for both of them, why not if you want to do something about it help out the 2 parties that might be in need, no matter what side u r on.... Just a thought for everyone to ponder over insted of blaming someone back and forth.

Andrew Alepa
im game! i will be second to donate for devin's family and the victim's family(word is the child survival is slim,hopefully she will make it).. if the admin. or a moderator would like to set up a trust fund account for both families,i will gladly help..
just a v6?

Last edited by just a v6?; 07-23-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
all i can say is if ur gonna do that just be careful. i knw we all do it
So the guy in this case was being careless? or just unlucky?

If you do street race and get away with it, are you careful? or just lucky?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

simply bad judgment and bad timing. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say anyone street racing is a dirtbag and immediately guilty, and nobody here has the right to say that if they have exceeded the speed limit on a public road before. Everyone here knows that sometimes we decide to haul ***, it doesn't even have to be a race against another vehicle. But, use your best judgment, don't do it with other cars around or when road conditions are poor/wet.

This is a tragic event, so everyone put your hypocrite paddles away and focus on the more important situation.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Situations like this always make you think, What if I wouldnt caught that traffic light? What if I would left 2 minutes later or earlier? What if? Its like everything worked out so perfect in its place that resulted in this outcome. It never ends, and then you wish you can travel in time to change it. Makes you wonder how something so tragic can happen to you. Sucks that good news is rarely spread around, but when something bad happens everybody knows. Most people just like to feed and thrive on other peoples misfortunes, which is why I dont watch the news. It just brings people down and makes for a negative atomosphere.

Hope everything goes well for those involved on both sides, no need to live in a state of mind with bad intentions on yourself and/or others.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
bcs
Staging Lane

Why the **** would I give money to devin's family? If he was racing or not he was driving way to fast.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bcs
Why the **** would I give money to devin's family? If he was racing or not he was driving way to fast.
How do you know? Were you the guy he was "racing?"

...or not.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bcs
U keep talking like on here in this thread u r asking for trouble...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Suggestion? Perhaps people could donate to either side, whatever they wish...with some degree of privacy? That way, there won't be any need for comments like those shown above? And no arguments to boot?

This is a tragedy that could have easily been prevented...which I suppose makes it a tragedy. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this needless loss.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

what a terrible tragedy. as other people have already said, it does NOT matter if he was actually racing or speeding. it certainly doesn't matter if she was 16 and pregnant with her second child. (save that discussion for another thread if you so desire). bottom line, a young girl is dead. that sucks. i feel terrible for all the people involved.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Banned

I feel especially bad for the kids that will grow up without a mommie.

I'm all for a fund that will help this family as there is a good chance they don't have medical insurance which compounds the problem.

But I feel bad for the SS driver too. We've all roll raced, and, the general rule of thumb is slow the F down in traffic. Thats just common sense. It doesn't matter, because at the end of the day it is all still wrong, and I am guilty too

Hopefully, we can all learn something from this and something positive can be taken away from this tragedy. Just use alittle more common sense if nothing else.

Quick Reply: Alleged street racing wreck/death...