Building security threatens to have my car towed for taking up two spaces.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Building security threatens to have my car towed for taking up two spaces.

My company has been in this building since it first opened, basically. I've always parked in the same spot on the same floor. No one parks near me at all, except for my friend who drives a Corvette; he'll park next to me from time to time. I never really pay attention to the parking spaces since, like I said, no one but my friend parks even remotely close to me/us. There has to be a good 30+ spaces all around where I park.

I walk out to lunch today to find a "parking violation" sticker on my driver side window, saying next time they'll have my car towed.

I almost parked sideways across 3 spaces just to **** them off on my way back from lunch, but I'd have to hurt someone if they towed my car... so I didn't.

Just wanted to vent about how retarded the security is here, I think they don't like my car because it sets off alarms in the garage. They probably have to write out incident reports each time.... at least I hope so now.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if nobody parks around you then why don't you park normal......
Old 08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Like I said, I don't pay attention to the parking spaces around me. I guess I inadvertently parked in two spaces from time to time. God help us.

EDIT: ... and on the other hand, if there's so little people around me... what difference does it make how/where I park? If space were limited, I could see there being an issue.

Last edited by Morbid; 08-06-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Morbid
Like I said, I don't pay attention to the parking spaces around me. I guess I inadvertently parked in two spaces from time to time. God help us.

Ya, that sucks, try talking to them, tell them you've already spent $500 in repairing door dings from the garage
Old 08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i say if theres noone around, why the hell cant you take up as many spaces as you want as long as you dont park in the middle of the driving area and there arent many people who park there.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just kill them all.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

they are just security monkeys that are doing their job. i see your point of how since there are so many open spaces, its irrelevent if you park not perfectly... HOWEVER, they can always pull the 'if we let you do it, we have to let everyone get away with parking wrong'.

honestly, you dont want to **** off the building management, cuz they can make your life hard. since it sounds like you found yourself a relativley safe place in the lot to park, just suck it up and play their game. you'll save a big potential headache.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

you dont by chance work in addison? I got the same thing from them on the 5th floor in the back corner where no one ever there. To prove their poing the security gaurds parked so close to me on either side I couldnt open my doors. So I respectfully went to their boss and explained the situation and the next day both guards were no longer employed there.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

At my old job I took up six spots with the Z and never got bothered, but if anyone ever wanted to get shitty bout it I'd just park normal, no one ever parked out there anyways, I just did it as a precaution.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Same thing happened at my job and I spoke with security and worked out a deal. I think they just don't like having it happen w/o then giving approval 1st. Of course they have to have their little power trips.

I bought my car with no door dings, and after 1 week I already got 2. They didn't need any more proof than that. Gotta love these wide *** bodies!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Talk to the security/building management people. Most of the time, if you just talk to them and don't get pissed at them, they'll let it slide.

-Mike
Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Teching In

i know how u feel....i parked in 30 minute parking the other day bc i had to carry some heavy **** down to my car and i was in there for like 40 minutes...i also had one of those annoying orange parking violation stickers on my window...except it said they were in progress of towing my car!!! so i jumped in and hauled ***!!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If theres plenty of parking, it really shouldn't be a problem. Where I work, they didn't plan expansion very well so parking is slim none during the work day, and with construction and loosing spots to it, its even harder to get parking. There used to be one or two people, one guy with a G35 and the other an 03 Cobra that would take up two spots. That pissed people off like none other when we couldn't get parking and these dick heads would take up two spots. In that situation, your **** aint that nice, and if it is get a beater, people drive new BMWs, Tahoes, and King Ranch trucks worth way more than those cars and they park in one spot your **** aint nothing special to take up two. But if theres an abundance of aprking and you do it in the back or places where people dont really park, by all means knock your self out.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
Just kill them all.
HAHAHHAHAHA
Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

I know how you feel man...I got a ticket because I parked at the end of the row with half my tire on the stripe. I didnt even know they had tickets for that kind of BS.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talk to them. If that doesnt work KTA!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember staying at a Holiday Inn with very very limited garage space when I was working out of town with my coworker. Somebody decided because they had a new Nissan Xterra it needed two spots. What happened next was not pretty.

Last edited by Doomsday; 08-07-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't understand your problem.....you were ticketed for takin' more than one space, doesn't matter HOW many empty lots are available.

If there aren't any cars around WHY park in MORE than one space anyway????

I don't understand why people think that just becuase we drive nice cars that gives us the right to do it?!?!?!?!?!

Park in one space, what's the difference?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Splitz
I don't understand your problem.....you were ticketed for takin' more than one space, doesn't matter HOW many empty lots are available.

If there aren't any cars around WHY park in MORE than one space anyway????

I don't understand why people think that just becuase we drive nice cars that gives us the right to do it?!?!?!?!?!

Park in one space, what's the difference?
Do you read threads or just jump directly to the Reply field?

I'll repeat it for you. No one parks where I do, therefore I don't pay as much attention to parking "spots" as I would if I were parking with everyone else. When there's basically no one on that side of the garage, why should I (or anyone) care if I'm taking up two spots?

I park in one spot now, so obviously it's not that big of a deal. I just found it retarded how they went about it. I must have seen them in the garage hundreds of times, they never said ****. Suddenly, there's a notice (not a ticket) saying next time they'll tow it. They can eat a dick.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

That same crap happened to me when I drove my car to work at the Hotels.com building. (No longer work there.) That property manager was a biatch!! (Sorry, but that's the only word for her.) She put that orange, hard-as-heck to peel off sticker on my car all the time! She said they were going to start assigning parking spots. When I took up 1 spot in the nice corner areas she said I could not park there and that I would be in the middle of 2 cars! BS! Some people are illiterate when it comes to understanding that if we love our cars, we will not park by anyone! They will never know! I say go find her car and flatten her tires-J/K she probably has cameras in there too!