Galveston cruise- Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruising does not mean 110 MPH down 45 on a crowded Sunday afternoon...

I'm all about a little racing on the freeway, but, not when it's that packed nor when you are already going well over the speed limit.

The racing at Cherry Hill put it over the top. C'mon, you HAVE to know that people/families are coming the opposite way of your race with no center divider. I know you wouldn't think it was worth it had you hit someone after a nasty bump in the road. Do it somewhere a little more controlled, like a blocked off highway.

I just don't think it was the proper way to "get your name out there."

On the subject of the pictures, did you get any of them before people started racing?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:41 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I'm looking to make a cruise for the 1st time since moving back here.
The Brazos Bend one sounds good. I'll plan on making that one.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by H/C/I Stang
Cruising does not mean 110 MPH down 45 on a crowded Sunday afternoon...

I'm all about a little racing on the freeway, but, not when it's that packed nor when you are already going well over the speed limit.

The racing at Cherry Hill put it over the top. C'mon, you HAVE to know that people/families are coming the opposite way of your race with no center divider. I know you wouldn't think it was worth it had you hit someone after a nasty bump in the road. Do it somewhere a little more controlled, like a blocked off highway.

I just don't think it was the proper way to "get your name out there."

On the subject of the pictures, did you get any of them before people started racing?
look over here, yeah, at the speedometer (70 mph), yeah, you see this? you know what this is? no? THIS is cruising
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Launching!

if someone would have said everyone be good and no racing like ls1 and hpd does i would not have a problem with it at all. also people have been racing at the hill forever. My dad is 60 years old and he raced there when he was younger so... it don't mean its right but it happens. There was only like what 15 or 20 people there and only about 3 or 4 crying about it so thats not to bad. you can't make everyone happy.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Every single "cruise" I've been on is like this. Everyone wants to see how fast they can make it to Galveston.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Every single "cruise" I've been on is like this. Everyone wants to see how fast they can make it to Galveston.
The traffic is usually fairly clear, it was pretty busy on 45
Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Every cruise is not like this. Every LS1TECH cruise does seem to happen this way. Check out HPD cruises, or LS1 cruises. A good cruise needs a coordinator, planned events, and nice scenery. Jammin down to the island on 45 at over 100mph is none of the above. These cruises only lack leadership.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Guys I know the Stickies get overlooked very easily, but heres the cruise I mentioned before to Brazos Bend.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...58#post7713358

Get yourselves on the roll call!