Who/What is the fastest Drag Radial "streetcar" in your hood? Must be known!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's white boys datsun, yeah he drives it on the street to sonic or whatever but its a back-half tube chassis car. But there are def. some killers in houston.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
you know damn sure I will bust yo' *** though!

Bring it.. I don't race for less than 2k
Old 09-03-2007, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

this street car debate will never end, it has too many options and views. i dont have power steering, a/c, radio. etc... but mine is a street car.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only one GOOD rule to determine a street car. Fun Ford has it. 30 mile round trip, then race. No popping the hood. I dont care if your car runs on methanol as long as it can make the trip, its a street car.

Please explain to me why a solid roller motor isnt a street car? Cause most dont wanna pony up the extra dough is my guess.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it goes down the road its a street car right?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:07 AM
12 Second Club

a local friends car here in laredo goes 10.20's with full interior and a/c and full size wheels.....i think thats pretty ******* fast....its a 2002 camaro ss lme 408

he goes by the name marine02ss in here
Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

regularly drive on the street..... "streetracing" or getting groceries.... not something that needs race gas, has no stereo, has a solid roller, no A/C (occasionally forgivin such as in the case of SUX2BU) and is running full tires in front and back... no skinnies.

We all know the definition....... it is like playing Limbo though.... everyone wants to fit under the bar when needbe.
So, what would you call a race car living in street car chassis?
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 AM
TECH Resident

yeah, im pretty sure im the fastest...
Old 09-03-2007, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
I guess we need to all get together and find out?
Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
There is only one GOOD rule to determine a street car. Fun Ford has it. 30 mile round trip, then race. No popping the hood. I dont care if your car runs on methanol as long as it can make the trip, its a street car.

Please explain to me why a solid roller motor isnt a street car? Cause most dont wanna pony up the extra dough is my guess.
to bad fun ford in enis is getting worse and worse every year
Old 09-03-2007, 04:06 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
your quote in your sig just hit me wrong!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:10 AM
TECH Regular

Its always hard to define the term "street car." For one, I'd say it would have to run on pump gas. Living in houston there seems to be an abundant amount of 9-10 second street cars. The buddy that did my turbo setup has a 96 cobra that ran a 9.6 on his one and only trip down the strip(cage). His car weighs 3400 and was on pump gas at 14lbs of boost. Its a 20 over with an 88mm.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28

for the purpose of "MY" thread... it is not a streetcar.....

I am asking about cars that run pump gas, and a consistantly driven on the street to play around with. Known cars.

I am sure those methanol race cars may compete for drag radial classes and Ennis Fastest streetcar shootout.... but I want to know about local cars you see and hear about all the time.

Usually stock style drivetrain & valvetrain, pump gas, and 1 or 2 power adders.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

regularly drive on the street..... "streetracing" or getting groceries.... not something that needs race gas, has no stereo, has a solid roller, no A/C (occasionally forgivin such as in the case of SUX2BU) and is running full tires in front and back... no skinnies.

We all know the definition....... it is like playing Limbo though.... everyone wants to fit under the bar when needbe.
Why is a Solid Roller cam not a street capable setup? Because you dont have one and its worth more power in any given setup?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Manny hasnt tango'd with the Datsun yet.
That Datsun isnt the fastest...Hes quick though. I could pull out 3 cars on any given street that would drive there and break it off with him. Anyone can make a bathtub tube chassis steam rollers out back car go fast. It weighs NOTHING. Put a set of 10.5 tires on it and lets linem up with 90% of the true street cars around here....
Old 09-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by daniel6718
maannys tryin to sell the racecar from what i hear...

if your talking about from a roll, ricky or kellys tt viper will own the roll racing around here...1500 hp is hard to beat...both trapping north of 160mph

nbmta is supposed to be done in the next month but from a roll no. it will be one of the better roll AND dig cars around...

scotts z28 will always be one fst dig car ic you hang around the older guys in town...

boostedgt will be running with kelly/ricky BUT can also run VERY fast from a dig

all cars except boosted run d/r...seems to be even better then slicks these days...
BoostedGT runs on a 28X11.5 ET Street. By far smaller tire then most Drag radial cars are running around on here.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
That Datsun isnt the fastest...Hes quick though. I could pull out 3 cars on any given street that would drive there and break it off with him. Anyone can make a bathtub tube chassis steam rollers out back car go fast. It weighs NOTHING. Put a set of 10.5 tires on it and lets linem up with 90% of the true street cars around here....
Huh, I believe he traps in the high 160s and he drives it everywhere. That car never sees a trailer, I see the dude drive it atleast 80 miles on the street every week. The guy is a lunatic for rolling around in that but it is technically a street car and he has yet to be beat by anyone, trailer car or street car, or bike.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jeenis
that dude aint takin it to 7-11 for a slurpy.
LOL he has a video of him leacing his house passing some cops getting on the highway and going to the gas station for pump gas and then going to get some icecream at Sonic. So as far as getting a slurpy is concerned you would be wrong. It does run on 93 octane. It is not a caily driver but its only purpose is to bust *** and it is street legal as far as the cops seem to be concerned.

So whacha gonna do?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
And anyone can make a massive motored needs race gas and a race tranny with big tires in a street 3200-3400lb car fast also.

A race motor in a street car is no different than a street motor in a race chassis.

I think my chevy two was the closest to a real street car and fast and Xtreme built the motor and Ace built the tranny. But I ran around on 26 x 8" tires full exhaust, AC, Stereo, all metal not fiberglass full interior 3200lbs with driver and 93 pump gas. It was a mid 10sec car on motor all day long and into the 9s on a 100 shot. No tubs and all factory metal.

This is not an arguement just my opinion and will always be my opinion even if someone else agrees to disagree.

It was not the fastest but it was up there IMO. But it was the most fun to drive I bet!

Here are some 1/8 mile timeslips after we got all the bugs worked out.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...6/DueceEt1.jpg

Last edited by Phoenix383; 09-03-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Banned

well manny might have beat the viper before...but im sure the viper wont mind racing him again...my money is on the viper...(kellys)

rickys makes 1700 hp and runs 8's easily, it will be VERY hard to beat, thats with a/c irs and a 6 speed

Quick Reply: Who/What is the fastest Drag Radial "streetcar" in your hood? Must be known!