Couple races in the tundra!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple races in the tundra!!! :)

1st post I have made in a while but damn this truck hauls...I just got done racing a 6.0 gto auto....Older guy here in sugarland....From a dead stop at 90 mph he was only a car ahead of me...Also raced a another 6.0 gto a few nights ago in nac. from a roll and did damn good also...30 roll to like 110 only about a car and half ahead....To bad im about to lift it up and put bigger tires on it...its gonna be slower then
Old 09-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Launching!

i want to put a blower on our company truck

this thing does haul ***.

I might get a video racing my friends stock lighting lol
Old 09-25-2007, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by G-Z06
i want to put a blower on our company truck

this thing does haul ***.

I might get a video racing my friends stock lighting lol
I know man....it makes me want to get a regular cab and make it fast...People have ran bone stock regualr cabs to like 13.80's...Intake and exhaust these things will be running mid 13's...I cant wait till toyota actually comes out with a race version. Oh and by the way trd is suppossed to be releasing there blower soon
Old 09-25-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran across a regular cab with the 5.7, it was pretty fast. But I still passed him like he was standing still!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

My mom raced some kid in an Expedition in her Sequoia and cracked that ***. She called me while I was in class to tell me. Haha.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

the tundra is pimp..i just borrowed it from my freind to take my 240 back to the track tomorow..this thing has everything..NAV, tow package, rear camera...the camera is sweet..i can back the truck right up to the trailer without any help..
Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
1st post I have made in a while but damn this truck hauls...I just got done racing a 6.0 gto auto....Older guy here in sugarland....From a dead stop at 90 mph he was only a car ahead of me...Also raced a another 6.0 gto a few nights ago in nac. from a roll and did damn good also...30 roll to like 110 only about a car and half ahead....To bad im about to lift it up and put bigger tires on it...its gonna be slower then
HaHa maybe he wasn't even racing! Lol! Sell outs, post this **** on Houston Imports! Chevy ,Ford and Dodge diesels run circles around these funky *** imports. And I don't want to hear how toyotas are built here in America.They are still imports.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kennyxg
HaHa maybe he wasn't even racing! Lol! Sell outs, post this **** on Houston Imports! Chevy ,Ford and Dodge diesels run circles around these funky *** imports. And I don't want to hear how toyotas are built here in America.They are still imports.
Not saying the truck is fast by any means but you would have to mod the **** out of any diesel to touch a stock 5.7l Tundra. I wanna see a stock Tundra vs. a stock lightning.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Asshat
Old 09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

My dad just picked up an '07 Toyota Tundra Crew Max with the 5.7 in it. I havent felt how fast it is but it rides like a Caddy. I am used to my Tahoe or my SS and when I rode in that thing, it was like it is riding on air. Very nice truck indeed and the backseat is enormous. He bought a demo truck with a few thous. on the clock but it came with screens in the head rests and is fully loaded for right at 30g's.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ben R
My mom raced some kid in an Expedition in her Sequoia and cracked that ***. She called me while I was in class to tell me. Haha.
That my friend is classic. My damn mom is the same way.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

I have been wanting to stop by a toyota dealership just to test drive one and see how quick they really are.. Stand next to one, and they are a pretty big truck to be going that quick! Sure when TRD unviels their SC, it wont make as much power as aftermarket, but will still keep the factory warrenty!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_S
My dad just picked up an '07 Toyota Tundra Crew Max with the 5.7 in it. I havent felt how fast it is but it rides like a Caddy. I am used to my Tahoe or my SS and when I rode in that thing, it was like it is riding on air. Very nice truck indeed and the backseat is enormous. He bought a demo truck with a few thous. on the clock but it came with screens in the head rests and is fully loaded for right at 30g's.
Randy,

When I come by to test out those pistols, we need to line them up and run from a 30mph roll. I'm interested in seeing how much faster they are than my Hemi QC.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Randy,

When I come by to test out those pistols, we need to line them up and run from a 30mph roll. I'm interested in seeing how much faster they are than my Hemi QC.
Gotta talk to dad about that one.

I will line em up with my SS though and promise to start in 4th gear!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
you would have to mod the **** out of any diesel to touch a stock 5.7l Tundra.
Are you serious? It only takes about 20 minutes to install a tuner on a diesel truck. Mine made 400 rwhp and 800 ft-lbs with the tuner. Don't underestimate any vehicle that comes with a turbo from the factory.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Randy,

not to hate but I wax hemi's like they are standing still...Especially from a roll....
Old 09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

trust me he was racing..We talked after and he was like damn I have wanted to go look at those new tundras they are fast....he said he was def gonna go look at one now. hahaha
Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Are you serious? It only takes about 20 minutes to install a tuner on a diesel truck. Mine made 400 rwhp and 800 ft-lbs with the tuner. Don't underestimate any vehicle that comes with a turbo from the factory.
That's what I was thinking. Let someone who knows how to drive a diesel race you stock vs stock. A boosted launch in 4 wheel drive will have you looking at a tailgate and smoke. I am not saying the tundra isn't fast, but (like many races) it has to do with who is driving each.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
not to hate but I wax hemi's like they are standing still...Especially from a roll....
Well, we'll see. Don't worry. I'm not dumb enough to think I'll win.
There's always a ZEX kit to buy if I get butt hurt too bad. But hey...they're stock trucks. They're all slow in my book.

Last edited by -Ross-; 09-26-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Not saying the truck is fast by any means but you would have to mod the **** out of any diesel to touch a stock 5.7l Tundra.
LOL!!!

Since when is a chip and a cold air intake "modding the **** out of a diesel"?