gym in NW houston....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gym in NW houston....

i have been to 24 hr, ballys , fit con, but i dont like the environment. does anyone know of any "dungeon type gyms" something small but " gangsta" i like to train hard when i go to the gym, and at those other gyms really cant "throw around" weight. a place that doesnt have to be 24hrs, but maybe close around 12 or 1.am. any help/info would be appreciated. thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 03:58 AM
Teching In

i dont mean to be a ***** but if u "train hard" the environment doesnt mean sh*t as long as your motivated to see results...our 24 hour in arlington has up to 150lb dumbells and some rather huge guys as well...ronnie coleman comes in every now and then too, so any gym works as long as YOU are willing to work....

i hate seeing "weight room celebrities"...i dont go to a gym to teach ppl how to lift or to make friends...im there to get big and thats ALL i care about

p.s. ...oh and if u have to "throw around" the weight, then u cant control it to begin with, i see guys like this all the time...grunting and making some big deal that they are benching 275 and then they throw the wieght into the racks?? ...if u dont bench 400+ then stfu...dont even make a gd peep...

thank you rant over/
Old 09-28-2007, 04:08 AM
Teching In

also you obviously have internet access...wtf are u posting this here for??? you arent impressing a damn soul by posting this dumbass question here ( a car enthusiast forum) , which is also why u have zero responses...except for me being real with you

i might be wrong for taking it this far but i really think the mods would agree that ur wasting space with this stupid thread?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RUSTYTA
also you obviously have internet access...wtf are u posting this here for??? you arent impressing a damn soul by posting this dumbass question here ( a car enthusiast forum) , which is also why u have zero responses...except for me being real with you

i might be wrong for taking it this far but i really think the mods would agree that ur wasting space with this stupid thread?
It's a good thing you are not a mod then LOL! I don't agree with your attack on him there are all kinds of useless post posted here in the Texas section which by the way is not a technical section meaning that it doesn't all have to pertain to CARS! I see people selling couches, Home PC's, Homes and more. What are you going to jump on here and tell them to take it to Craigs list cause you don't approve??? Come on Hitler move on if you don't have any other advice other that the few good points you made in the first post about being able to work out how you want where ever you are etc... Then just pass it up we are all old enought to not need a real *** chewing so just be a little nicer the back button is right there on the right hand side of the key board and it will eliminate any dought weather you were wrong or not. Thanks.
Jeff
Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, relax, it's the frivolousness that makes the Texas section what it is.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry, but I agree with RUSTYTA (not necessarily to such a harsh extent though)... Sounds retarded to say you train hard and all those gyms aren't "gangsta" enough. lol I didn't realize working out was about being gangsta. The gyms I have worked out at had tons of room to throw weight around if you wanted to. I go to the YMCA which is smaller than a lot of the other gyms and there's still plenty of room there to do whatever I want.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

I have enjoyed some gyms more than others. the atmosphere can suck in some gyms. Also, alot of the smaller more "Dungeon" type gyms are word of mouth and wont be found on the internet.

lets_fly: its going to be harder to find a dungeon type gym with late night hours. I have found most of these kind of gyms close around 10pm.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Sorry, but I agree with RUSTYTA (not necessarily to such a harsh extent though)... Sounds retarded to say you train hard and all those gyms aren't "gangsta" enough. lol I didn't realize working out was about being gangsta. The gyms I have worked out at had tons of room to throw weight around if you wanted to. I go to the YMCA which is smaller than a lot of the other gyms and there's still plenty of room there to do whatever I want.
Yes, that part is funny.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

This is how I work out 'gangsta'

Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lets_fly
i have been to 24 hr, ballys , fit con, but i dont like the environment. does anyone know of any "dungeon type gyms" something small but " gangsta" i like to train hard when i go to the gym, and at those other gyms really cant "throw around" weight. a place that doesnt have to be 24hrs, but maybe close around 12 or 1.am. any help/info would be appreciated. thanks

The 24hr fitness at Bingle and 290 is about as "gangsta" as it gets. Car thefts, break ins, 26" rims, guys "sagging" their workout shorts, loud music.....good luck!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:08 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Yeah it is funny but different strokes for different folks right?? Not everyone is alike and so I agree with it being a little funny, definately different than what you would expect LOL! But I still don't think his original question is any more stupid than any of the other stuff that is discussed in the Texas section. I mean not everyone is into the UFC or Football and that **** is discussed in this car forum that RUSTYTA was bashing him for. What is the difference??? If you aren't into UFC or Football pass the post up and move on LOL!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RYNO_Z
This is how I work out 'gangsta'

That right there is too funny!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RUSTYTA
i dont mean to be a ***** but if u "train hard" the environment doesnt mean sh*t as long as your motivated to see results...our 24 hour in arlington has up to 150lb dumbells and some rather huge guys as well...ronnie coleman comes in every now and then too, so any gym works as long as YOU are willing to work....

i hate seeing "weight room celebrities"...i dont go to a gym to teach ppl how to lift or to make friends...im there to get big and thats ALL i care about

p.s. ...oh and if u have to "throw around" the weight, then u cant control it to begin with, i see guys like this all the time...grunting and making some big deal that they are benching 275 and then they throw the wieght into the racks?? ...if u dont bench 400+ then stfu...dont even make a gd peep...

thank you rant over/
This is some pretty funny ****.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Yeah it is funny but different strokes for different folks right?? Not everyone is alike and so I agree with it being a little funny, definately different than what you would expect LOL! But I still don't think his original question is any more stupid than any of the other stuff that is discussed in the Texas section. I mean not everyone is into the UFC or Football and that **** is discussed in this car forum that RUSTYTA was bashing him for. What is the difference??? If you aren't into UFC or Football pass the post up and move on LOL!
I think you're missing the point I was making. I could care less what topic he's posting about, I'm about as random as they come. What I find funny is that he's looking for a hard core gangsta gym so he can throw around some weights. That's about a thug post if I ever saw one.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

haha...this thread turned out to be pretty funny!!! yea your right inspector i cant belittle him for posting about gyms....but posting about a place where u can "throw the weight around" is about as dumb a thread as ive ever seen!! I know a hell of a lot more about fitness than i do about cars and to read that someone throws the weight around cracks me up!! I mean why do u have to "throw" the weights?? If u cant lift and re-rack without throwing the weights, then grab something lighter u puss ....People like u dont lift to get big, you lift to be seen lifting big weight...well if u have to throw it around then u just look like an idiot, bodybuilding and powerlifting is about slow controlled movements, not jerking your body and the weight around like your having a gd seizure....everytime i see someone like this in the weightroom i laugh...there is a very good reason why your still small and weak, and its bc ur there to impress ppl and your form is horrible...(directed at lets_fly and those alike)
Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I saw a guy in the gym today with 225 on the bench press and it was obviously way too much weight for him. He was a real little guy and had his back at least 4-5 inches off the bench trying to get leverage to get the weight up. He got it up like 3 times before almost dropping it on himself. Doing silly stuff like that is only going to get you hurt and make you look like an idiot.

I also saw a guy load 3 plates onto one side of the bar and only 2 plates on the other side. LOL. That worked out pretty well.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, man, jerking the weights around is counterproductive. Good form is absolutely imperative for muscle workout...and plenty of protein and water.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Mustang Moderator

Theres a place on Jones Rd. near 1960 called Costa's Gym.

Its got the look and feel, but I haven't seen too many SUPER HUGE guys in there. It is nice that they have a dedicated powerlifting room though. All it has is a squat rack, bench press, power rack, and a place to do deadlifts. It also has a door to close it off from the rest of the gym and its own stereo.

I think it closes at 10, though.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Launching!

first of all to you stupid mother fu@#ers, i meant i was looking for a small gym that does not get packed, and doesnt have everyone always asking you questions..... and by gangsta, i didnt mean "thug" but a good down to earth gym, with no "gym celebrities". and as far as throwin around weight, its a term we use in football(especially performing powerclines), not literal like Rusty simple *** thinks it is. please post up if you have info, if not gtfo.

Quick Reply: gym in NW houston....