Whats the deal with Coach Fran?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

join the "CAN FRAN" facebook group.

i bet we could find someone for a 1/10 of what Fran makes that would do a better job. the guy blows dogs for quarter. man i ******* hate him. :vent:
Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

if I could find the picture... I would post up the Old A&M "Frantastic" T-shirts right now.

I would imagine that Jon does not have one though.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
join the "CAN FRAN" facebook group.

i bet we could find someone for a 1/10 of what Fran makes that would do a better job. the guy blows dogs for quarter. man i ******* hate him. :vent:
Just do not absorb Major Applewhite and bring him down.

I would hate to work in a Town where the Alumni's bother you so much to get their own personal paper. LOL

IBflames This post is more of a joke and for fun. So do not get butt hurt.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Ginger Hater

Bryne's probably already shopping for a coach right now, he did that with Gillespie, and Turgeon. But all we have to go by are people throwing around peoples names. The big ones are Urban Meyer and the likes. The funny one that shows up is Mike Leach.

I forgot to buy a "frantastic" shirt
Old 09-29-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fran needs to go with Mack Brown and learn a few things on recruting.....

Old 09-29-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Spazdout
Bryne's probably already shopping for a coach right now, he did that with Gillespie, and Turgeon. But all we have to go by are people throwing around peoples names. The big ones are Urban Meyer and the likes. The funny one that shows up is Mike Leach.

LOL @ Urban Meyer leaving Florida. He's already won a National Championship with somebody elses personel. Imagine what he can do with the players he recruits himself.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Spazdout

Jon, come on. Urban Meyer nor Jimmy Johnson are going to coach at A&M, lol. Why in the world would Meyer even consider taking several steps backward by leaving Florida for College Station? Gary Patterson might be a good fit though.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by mmiller
Jon, come on. Urban Meyer nor Jimmy Johnson are going to coach at A&M, lol. Why in the world would Meyer even consider taking several steps backward by leaving Florida for College Station? Gary Patterson might be a good fit though.
i know that 100% i just think it funny that those names get thrown around. I don't think Patterson would be the person coming here. Of course there is not going to be any news about a new coach anytime soon. People say $Bill will use his oregon connections to grab oregons coach, or the shot in the dark of Boise States Coach. Bryne is the type of person to grab the next up and coming coach. In his tenure here the only coach he has grabbed that has been proven or had a track record was our track coach who we grabbed from LSU.

there was a rumor of a group of people going from the AD's office to speak with WVU's coach.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Texas Director

The only people throwing Meyer's and J. Johnson's names around are those Aggie supporters who are dreaming. It'll never happen. Mike Bellotti or Chris Peterson would be a good hire, as would Gary Patterson. $Bill should go with Fran too IMO. Think about it...if Rich Rodriguez turned down the Alabama job to stay at his alma mater, WVU, where he signed a huge long-term contract, he's not going to leave there to move to College Station to coach A&M.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

The only people throwing Meyer's and J. Johnson's names around are those Aggie supporters who are dreaming. It'll never happen. Mike Bellotti or Chris Peterson would be a good hire, as would Gary Patterson. $Bill should go with Fran too IMO. Think about it...if Rich Rodriguez turned down the Alabama job to stay at his alma mater, WVU, where he signed a huge long-term contract, he's not going to leave there to move to College Station to coach A&M.
Wow you're just full of hot coaching opinions! I guess you gotta vent about something after getting RUN on your home field!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Ginger Hater

Why would $Bill go with fran?
Jimmy Johnson is a joke on most aggie boards. Urban Meyer is a pipe dream on most aggie boards. Its not bad to shoot that high.
Another name that keeps popping up is Tommy Tuberville in Auburn.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

IF A&M fired him who will you get to replace him ? There are no overnight fixes in college football. There recruiting has to be down in the region, just look at the schools they are up against. Gary Patterson is a really good defensive coordinator but he has yet to get those guys to seal up a great season. IMO Aggie land better do like the old song and "love the one your with". You wanted him now you got him, kinda like my beloved Irish. They cried from the mountain tops for Weiss and now you gotta stick with him threw it all, and hope the future is brighter than the present.

Win or Lose, we still Booze
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MrBill97396
...kinda like my beloved Irish. They cried from the mountain tops for Weiss and now you gotta stick with him threw it all, and hope the future is brighter than the present.
Make no mistake, Charlie Weis will have ND in a position to make a run at the National Championship in 2 years, and when Casey Clausen is a Heisman candidate everybody will forget this 3-9 season.

The Irish lost 9 starters on offense. They kept 2 linemen and that was it. Everybody else is new. Same story on defense. They are a young team and Weis will shape them into champs. Just watch.

Same story with Florida. They lost a tough one tonight against Auburn, but they are a young team just oozing with talent everywhere you look. Urban Meyer will turn that talent into a team of champions. They I think they will win it all next year. And maybe the year after that as well.

Same could be said for Oklahoma. Cory Bradford didn't play very well, but he seems like he's going to work out just fine. And Bob Stoops will keep those guys in the hunt for many years to come.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said for A&M, UT, or Tech. Unless something big happens it looks like they'll all be stuck in mediocrity for a while.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know if Jimmy Clausen will win the Heisman anytime I just want him to be a good productive QB. 2 years is worth it IMO as long as he gets the Irish back to the level they once where. I don't care if they lose every game, everyone will understand that the giant is sleeping.

Sam Bradford was one guy I heard being talked about this year for Heisman but after that performance on Sat. he may be knocked down a bit. I am betting that OU will have a huge performance against and inept UT team, that struggles to stop the run up the gut.