Don't get a ticket in Hickory Creek

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't get a ticket in Hickory Creek

What a nightmare. I've had my fair share of tickets over the years, but none was as big of a pain in the *** to take care of as this one. I just wanted to plead guilty, pay my fine, and do defensive driving. Normally, you just go up to the clerks window and take care of it there, but not in Hickory Creek. For some reason if you get a traffic violation, they MAKE you see the judge. I sat for over 2 hours while they went through and called everybody up one by one. It ended up only being $100, but I would have gladly paid more if I didn't have to deal with all that bullshit. Most of the people were there for very minor traffic violations, such as expired registration, expired inspection, speeding, etc. It was seriously the most ridiculous system I've ever seen for dealing with minor traffic violations. What a colossal waste of time.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You from around there? They freaking pull me over a lot but never give me a ticket. It's always for some BS like no front LP or not having my registration sticker in the exact right spot. Small town pigs can be the worst cuz they have nothing better to do.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks, where is Hickory Creek? Sounds a lot like how a lot of small "Island" towns/villages (Bellaire, Hedwig Village JV, etc...) inside the city of Houston operate.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

South of Denton on I 35E...just off of Lake Lewisville.

The cops love to sit on the highway and service road on the approximately 200 feet of it they have control over .
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
You from around there? They freaking pull me over a lot but never give me a ticket. It's always for some BS like no front LP or not having my registration sticker in the exact right spot. Small town pigs can be the worst cuz they have nothing better to do.
Yeah my parents live in Flower Mound, and I live in Denton, so I commute through Hickory Creek frequently.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, I've been through that in Hickory Creek a couple times, and Lake Dallas, which is like the same thing. I've been through a few other courts, that one just has a weird feel to it, like unprofessional or something.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by StealthZ06
What a nightmare. I've had my fair share of tickets over the years, but none was as big of a pain in the *** to take care of as this one. I just wanted to plead guilty, pay my fine, and do defensive driving. Normally, you just go up to the clerks window and take care of it there, but not in Hickory Creek. For some reason if you get a traffic violation, they MAKE you see the judge. I sat for over 2 hours while they went through and called everybody up one by one. It ended up only being $100, but I would have gladly paid more if I didn't have to deal with all that bullshit. Most of the people were there for very minor traffic violations, such as expired registration, expired inspection, speeding, etc. It was seriously the most ridiculous system I've ever seen for dealing with minor traffic violations. What a colossal waste of time.

That's why they do it. I bet you never get a ticket in Hickory Creek again
Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
That's why they do it. I bet you never get a ticket in Hickory Creek again

If their system to deal with traffic tickets was efficient, the judge, prosecutor, and bailiff wouldn't have anything else to do.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Launching!

What they need is Judge Dredd!
(Judge, Trial and Jury all in one package)
Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

My buddy and I went on a road trip from LA to New Mexico. HE was doing triple digits on the way back and got arrested for reckless driving. I was in the passenger seat. When I saw the cuffs go on him in the rear view mirror, I thought "aww crap, we're going to jail!"

The cop came back to the car, gave me my license back and said have a nice day. I asked what was happening with my buddy. He said "He's going to jail". This was about 5PM. The Flagstaff jail had no information about him until 7:30PM. I paid the bail around 7:45PM. They said he's be released in 20-40 minutes. He didnt get out until 11:10PM. They told us to go home, call this number and he'd have a court date given to him.

The next morning, now back in LA, he calls and they said he was supposed to be in court that morning. He has 10 days to show up. He takes the following Monday off and drives 6 hours back to the court house only to find out that the case had been thrown out and a refund check had been mailed a few days before.

He was pissed. I told him this was all done to teach him a lesson.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't have that problem when I got my ticket in Hickory Creek. I never learn my lesson though. I was pulling out of the court "house" onto the service road and saw a Mustang. We raced down 35 to Lewisville. On Main St. and Valley Pkwy were we met by cops. He took off and I went straight. I had 5 cops on me and he had 3. I got a racing ticket that day and had the Chief of Police out there to talk to me. He told me that they saw us racing on 35 and radioed to other units to get us. Sorry for telling my little story I got a little carried away.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2001SS#3013
I didn't have that problem when I got my ticket in Hickory Creek. I never learn my lesson though. I was pulling out of the court "house" onto the service road and saw a Mustang. We raced down 35 to Lewisville. On Main St. and Valley Pkwy were we met by cops. He took off and I went straight. I had 5 cops on me and he had 3. I got a racing ticket that day and had the Chief of Police out there to talk to me. He told me that they saw us racing on 35 and radioed to other units to get us. Sorry for telling my little story I got a little carried away.
My buddy didn't learn his lesson either. He did triple digits up to Flagstaff and back. lol
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Mustang Moderator

Just gotta know the right people

(Hickory Creek resident)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Breakfast Fanatic

Yea I usually just floor it through there waving at the cop in the charger.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same goes with Kemah............They're making me go BACK to court to personally tell the judge that I completed my deferred and my defensive driving......(apparently if your not 25 or over (24 here) you have to complete a defensive driving course as a part of your deferred) without getting any tickets anywhere in Texas. Most places just make you pay and then your on moving violation probation for how ever long they tell you and then you dont have to come back or anything. Not the case there..........its BS.......

Not to mention I worked in Kemah for 2 years and never got a ticket and my LAST day for work I get popped for speeding............how cool am I......lol
Old 10-10-2007, 12:31 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

****, sounds like Patton village/Roman forest....just north of Houston on 59....thay got me for 78 in a 55, no insurance, no inspection(this was 4 years ago). I said **** you guys, sat that **** out over night, time served and saved....785$!!!!

Those bitches.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StealthZ06

Oh well, If I remember right you were doin 90+. Didn't know u were on Tech. Never heard of the court doing that to anyone else.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by U2SLOW4ME
Oh well, If I remember right you were doin 90+. Didn't know u were on Tech. Never heard of the court doing that to anyone else.

Na 79 in a 60. I definitely deserved the ticket, no question about that, and I have absolutely no hard feelings towards the officer, but I didn't expect it to be such a pain in the rear to take care of. Most citations state that the ticket needs to be taken care of before or on a certain date. This citation said I needed to appear in court and even had the time I needed to be there circled.

You live in Denton and you have Cartman as a cop in your avatar... I assume you were you the officer who pulled me over for my headlight being out a few weeks back, am I right? That's both extremely cool and terribly frightening at the same time.

Do you ever bring your Camaro up to Street Night at Denton Dragway?

Last edited by StealthZ06; 10-11-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Oh no...cops with fast cars on LS1tech who know our "business." We're screwed!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Default Don't get a ticket in Hickory Creek, TX

I got a ticket for an expired registration in Hickory Creek... they set the court date for Jan 24... a Sunday. Then sent a new court date for the 26th. I went to the court to take care of the ticket and was told I could just pay the fine online. I told the clerk I could pay it on Thursday... "No problem, here's the web address." Paid the fine and 30 days later get a notice that I have a warrant for my arrest. Call the court and they tell me to show up to their warrant round-up the following Tuesday. Which I did... that's when I was informed that I had paid the fine 1 day late and now owed an additional 195.00. The original fine was 195.00, as well. Now I am looking at almost 400.00 for an expired inspection. Think I got off easy, though. During the warrant round up they brought a man in in handcuffs... pulled him out of his house, arrested him and drove him to the make-shift courthouse at the Lake Dallas Police station... He was fined nearly 1,000.00 for a trash can violation in a rent house that he did not even reside in!! The Judge in Hickory Creek is nuts... but I get to see her again tomorrow because my son did not heed my warning and got a speeding ticket in Hickory Creek a month later.

Quick Reply: Don't get a ticket in Hickory Creek