question about slp cars or ss cars??????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 12:15 PM
Banned

Default question about slp cars or ss cars??????????

ok i have an 02 ss for sale and everybody is asking me if its a slp car, this may sound stupid but i thought slp takes a z28 from the factory gm plant and puts the options on it to make it a ss then ships it to the dealer kinda like saleen did to the gt mustang, is that how it works????? i know its a ss and not a fake one jim bo bob did in his back yard by just adding a spoiler and hood but is there a ss and then a slp ss? are there 2 different ss around? this is my v.i.n. if anyone can help please ******************

Last edited by CRAGER; 10-27-2007 at 03:18 AM. Reason: vin number deleted
Old 10-26-2007 | 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by robbie21mma
ok i have an 02 ss for sale and everybody is asking me if its a slp car, this may sound stupid but i thought slp takes a z28 from the factory gm plant and puts the options on it to make it a ss then ships it to the dealer kinda like saleen did to the gt mustang, is that how it works????? i know its a ss and not a fake one jim bo bob did in his back yard by just adding a spoiler and hood but is there a ss and then a slp ss? are there 2 different ss around? this is my v.i.n. if anyone can help please **********************

they are probably trying to ask if your car has any extra SLP options that were available.

Last edited by CRAGER; 10-27-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2007 | 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

most ss cars came with slp parts, like exhaust etc i think. not sure if they all came with the slp package or just a special order thing
Old 10-27-2007 | 01:37 AM

jesus dude get your vin off of here not a smart idea
Old 10-27-2007 | 03:24 AM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

Trev_SS is right, don't go posting your VIN.

If you don't know the answer yourself then I wouldn't be shocked if you bought a fake one.
You can look up the door codes and/or call/e-mail SLP with your VIN number.

..also if you would have even tried a search you would have found your answer already, or even looked into this section:

Special Edition Vehicles
Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-27-2007 | 10:29 AM
Launching!

all you need to do to verify it's a real SS is look in the driver's side door. the RPO code for a camaro SS is WU8, kinda like WS6 for the trans ams. there are some cars that went to SLP to get some extra options tacked on, and those cars will have an additional SLP sticker in the door. if you want the build number, i'm told you can simply call SLP and get it 732-349-2109
Old 10-27-2007 | 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Yes, this information can be found on the site but you are new so I'll give you an answer too. All (4th gen.) SS cars went to SLP. Many just got the base options like mine: hood, spoiler, badges. As far as I am concerned it is an SLP car because, as far as I know, it did go to SLP as it did get an SLP build number. I called SLP and got the number, which is 4675. The door(RPO) code is WU8.

Other cars got more SLP options like exhaust, intake lid, interior stuff, etc. Those cars have the Y2Y(I think) RPO code and an additional sticker on the passenger door with the options.
Old 10-27-2007 | 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Trev_SS is right, don't go posting your VIN.

If you don't know the answer yourself then I wouldn't be shocked if you bought a fake one.
You can look up the door codes and/or call/e-mail SLP with your VIN number.

..also if you would have even tried a search you would have found your answer already, or even looked into this section:

Special Edition Vehicles
Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Peace,
Craig.
the vin is still up there^^ 2 slow quoted it.
Old 10-27-2007 | 11:47 AM
Banned

My Bad About Me Posting My V.i.n. On Here But Whats Wrong With That??? Can Someone Steal My Car Or Something???
Old 10-27-2007 | 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
Yes, this information can be found on the site but you are new so I'll give you an answer too. All (4th gen.) SS cars went to SLP. Many just got the base options like mine: hood, spoiler, badges. As far as I am concerned it is an SLP car because, as far as I know, it did go to SLP as it did get an SLP build number. I called SLP and got the number, which is 4675. The door(RPO) code is WU8.

Other cars got more SLP options like exhaust, intake lid, interior stuff, etc. Those cars have the Y2Y(I think) RPO code and an additional sticker on the passenger door with the options.
Arctic2002ss is correct. If your car has the SLP options it will have a sticker on the door, mine has it; and the SLP options code is Y2Y. Here are a couple of links to help:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=19

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=615652&page=3 (post #48)