I recieved a ticket from a camera today!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morbid
The absolute worse that could happen if you ignore it, it will go on your credit as a collection.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

say an ambulance was coming behind you, had to get out of the way.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

The cameras are installed and monitored by a private company. They look at the pictures and decide if it was an infraction and then sent them on to the local police. At first in Houston they were not sending the pictures for the right turn on red without stopping. They are now. They also have video to go with the pictures. Pretty hard to fight and will cost more than the $75 fine. I "think" they got me the other day while driving the firetruck. We were coming back from an emergency run and the light changed on me. Seems like it changed awful fast but there was no way I could stop. A 40,000 lbs vehicle at 50 mph wasn't stopping in what seemed like 30/40 feet. Any way, I have to pay the fine. I'm hoping the video shows the effert put into trying to stopping the apparatus. Bottom line is I didn't stop before entering the intersection and will deal with the outcome. On another note, when on an emergency run and approaching a "camera" intersection, we can't get the cars in front to budge. Don't blame them, but the video will back up their story. How long did it take you to be notified?? Good Luck
Old 10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike96z
say an ambulance was coming behind you, had to get out of the way.

There is video and records of the emergency vehicles dispatched runs to dispute or verify that. Not saying its not worth a shot.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

+1 on the deterrent- and the tickets carry no points against your license, because they can't prove who was driving your car. More like a parking ticket- and you are also right in that, if you don't pay it, it will come back to bite you.

So, if you got the cash, just keep running the lights. There are bound to be more and more of them put in- some cities move them around from intersection to intersect to keep the drivers 'honest'
Old 10-28-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

stop running red lights
Old 10-28-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its just a way to get more money. Fight it, if you lose, oh well. You'll have to pay it anyway. At least itll buy you some time if you dont have the money.

Oh, and to the guy who said its 300 bucks or more, Texas just slapped the face of the police forces *cough Richardson cough* that charged so much for these types of tickets. MAXIMUM fine is 75 bucks and HALF of that goes to a violent crimes fund of some sort.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I say every gun carrying american goes out at night and in secret stealth fashion...shoot them ******* cameras until they stop replacing them. I got a ticket in d.c. and Im not paying that mother ******. Got me going 11 over. **** them. Did you ever see how much money these things generate?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

"Those innocent of the crime of red light running have almost no defense when contesting tickets before a "hearing officer" employed by the city of Chicago, Illinois. This system generated $18.9 million in revenue between January 1 and August 31. Out of the 210,964 citations issued, worth $90 each, only 0.5 percent of those cited have been found not guilty."

They dont give a **** about your safety or mine. They care about the benjamins.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wild *****
+1 on the deterrent- and the tickets carry no points against your license, because they can't prove who was driving your car. More like a parking ticket- and you are also right in that, if you don't pay it, it will come back to bite you.

So, if you got the cash, just keep running the lights. There are bound to be more and more of them put in- some cities move them around from intersection to intersect to keep the drivers 'honest'
No point system in Texas... or at least thats what I've heard. And you said "if you got the cash, just keep running the lights." what happens if there is a cop on the other side of the light sitting at the red and sees you doing this? Can you say, bigass fine?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

red light camera tickets dont go on your record. you pay it and go. if a cop physically pulls you ovr and gives you a ticket....then the fine can be HEFTY. i hate red light cameras, they are a money making scheme. but the point is you shouldnt run them. i have lost two friends to people that have run lights and hit them. not to mention i have almost gotten smacked a couple of times by idiots in thier lexus who think the rules dont apply to them. just be more sensible. its only 75 bucks. atleast you didnt hit someone or vise versa....then you would be wishing for the 75 dollar ticket.

and there is a point system in texas. sometimes they honor it and sometimes they dont. my girlfriend got 3 tickets in two months last year, and she got a thing from the county in the mail saying she has 3 points left for the next six months. meaning if she got a tvket for 15mph over the speed limit they would suspend her license for the rest of the 6 months. it was the first i had ever heard of it....but she got the mail....
Old 10-28-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by redchevcam
red light camera tickets dont go on your record. you pay it and go. if a cop physically pulls you ovr and gives you a ticket....then the fine can be HEFTY. i hate red light cameras, they are a money making scheme. but the point is you shouldnt run them. i have lost two friends to people that have run lights and hit them. not to mention i have almost gotten smacked a couple of times by idiots in thier lexus who think the rules dont apply to them. just be more sensible. its only 75 bucks. atleast you didnt hit someone or vise versa....then you would be wishing for the 75 dollar ticket.

and there is a point system in texas. sometimes they honor it and sometimes they dont. my girlfriend got 3 tickets in two months last year, and she got a thing from the county in the mail saying she has 3 points left for the next six months. meaning if she got a tvket for 15mph over the speed limit they would suspend her license for the rest of the 6 months. it was the first i had ever heard of it....but she got the mail....
Odd, I have gotten 2 speeding tickets, 10 over and 15 over, and never heard from the judge or anyone about a point system. I guess I'll ask next time I'm at the DMV but God those people are retarded.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Running a red light in Galveston cost $165, the bonus is you get to talk to a ******** for free.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

just pay it i got one for 80. and all i did was pay it they dont go on your record and your insurance doesnt ever know aboutit so just take the 75 dollar blow to the pocket book and dont do it again thats what they told me.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Little advice. Whenever you come to a red light look up. If there is a white camera mounted to each light at the intersection big brother is watching/taping you. .
Incorrect..they are loop detectors that determine if there is a car waiting at the light...They switch to they in 2000 over the ground loops.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
Incorrect..they are loop detectors that determine if there is a car waiting at the light...They switch to they in 2000 over the ground loops.
Yeah man those things detect the motion of cars or something like that. I've seen some lights stay a single color for a good 10 minutes but once those little motion detectors hit something moving it changes. I live in a pretty small town so after 12am there ain't nobody out. Those lights will stay one color all night if they have to lol!
Old 10-28-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
YOU are responsible for your vehicle and who you let drive it though. So, your point is pointless. Keep in mind that the ticket for running a red light is usually the most expensive ticket there is, in the $300-450 range.

I'd pay the $75 and be glad it was only $75.
I disagree with this. If i let someone drive my vehicle and they are caught speeding, should I get the speeding ticket? Would I? No. If i let someone drive my vehicle and they get caught drunk driving, do I go to jail? Nope.

Why is this different? Its not. The car doesnt commit the crime, the driver does. Can they prove you were the person driving the vehicle? Maybe, I havent seen the quality of the videos/pictures. Of course, they'll want to know who WAS driving the vehicle in that case, so youd need to provide a name of someone they can contact otherwise your case isnt going to look so strong. But lets say someone was driving your vehicle and got caught by the camera. Could you fight it and win on the basis that you were not operating the vehicle? Abso-*******-lutely. The trick is, though, they have set the fine so low, combined with the fact that it doesnt go on your record, that most people would just rather pay it than fight it, or go the more expensive route of hiring an attorney to get it dropped. They know this. They planned it this way. Its a racket to make money, but in the name of public safety.

If running a red light is a $350 ticket when caught by a police officer, why would the same offense be any cheaper when caught on camera? Because if they tried to pull that, people would be fighting those tickets left and right, and the city wouldnt see any money.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Little advice. Whenever you come to a red light look up. If there is a white camera mounted to each light at the intersection big brother is watching/taping you. These tickets don't even go on your driving record, I'd just pay it. That's how they intended it to work, basically be a deterrent for $.
allready been corrected...
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One of the more intelligent post in this thread.....

Originally Posted by SJRTX
I disagree with this. If i let someone drive my vehicle and they are caught speeding, should I get the speeding ticket? Would I? No. If i let someone drive my vehicle and they get caught drunk driving, do I go to jail? Nope.

Why is this different? Its not. The car doesnt commit the crime, the driver does. Can they prove you were the person driving the vehicle? Maybe, I havent seen the quality of the videos/pictures. Of course, they'll want to know who WAS driving the vehicle in that case, so youd need to provide a name of someone they can contact otherwise your case isnt going to look so strong. But lets say someone was driving your vehicle and got caught by the camera. Could you fight it and win on the basis that you were not operating the vehicle? Abso-*******-lutely. The trick is, though, they have set the fine so low, combined with the fact that it doesnt go on your record, that most people would just rather pay it than fight it, or go the more expensive route of hiring an attorney to get it dropped. They know this. They planned it this way. Its a racket to make money, but in the name of public safety.

If running a red light is a $350 ticket when caught by a police officer, why would the same offense be any cheaper when caught on camera? Because if they tried to pull that, people would be fighting those tickets left and right, and the city wouldnt see any money.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Pimp

**** that ****.. Bums.