Damn yuppies and their Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlLtHiRdGeN
I would take a porsche over an ls1 car as long as it isnt a a boxster, those things are hella slow and not much nicer than a ls1 car. The thing about most exotic cars is that they dont have much more in them that what they came with from the factory. An ls1 car has endless potential but a carrera really doesnt, cars like that are for the image, not the performance.
That's not a 100% true. The turbo has plenty in it after market trust me!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Resident

lol @ the comments..my point wasnt to bash the car in any means. My dad has had a few Porsches mixed in with his vettes and those cars deserve more respect than most all cars on the road today. I was more humored by the car owners ACTIONS not who he was or what he was driving. I tend to not judge anyone by what they drive...kinda ignorant. We all know there are as many dick porsche drivers as there are camaro, corvette, mustang, ect.. Redneck camaro owner with a mullet..man thats me in a nutshell

And no it wasnt a black porsche, it was a dark silver one with a guy that looked to be in his mid to late thirties with a 20 something girl in the front seat.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:31 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
Correct that indeed is, just you..
Yep, i am all American. I love home made USA cars. That is why i get pissed when Ford guys and Chevy guys talk ****. The big three are ours to be proud of. Honestly allot of my ford friends get all pissed when you talk **** about their ford playin around. But import guys? Man them ricer punks act like they are gonna cry. The real "Import guys" are exempt from this.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Ive meet the guys on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to chevys/ford/dodge and any other car maker. I know i dont have the fastest fbody around but when i pull up next to a another car no matter what it is that has mods or what not on it and im not saying i beat them everytime but i stay close seeing how my car is stock they always have an excuse. It comes with every type of car.You have the guys that know there slow/and or capable of keeping there own. Then you have the a** hole guys that think no matter they drive they can beat anything.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Pimp

And what do you drive? ^^
Old 11-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Camaro Z28 Y? I know i cant beat everything on the road. Im not one of those guys that thinks that. Im just saying that there alot of people no matter what they drive think they can beat everything on the road. Im sorry if im not understanding the thread im just putting my 2 cents in.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Pimp

You must be pretty lucky to have never raced anything fast. Cause stock Z28's just don't cut it these days.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Teching In

I guess you dont understand what im saying. I have a stock Z28 so what but when i race other cars no matter what it is or has and i keep up they always have an excuse. I know my stock camaro is out dated seeing as how most of the cars here(on this forum) are modded in some way. I know i cant keep up with every car. I understand that. Im just saying that it doesnt matter what you have you always think you can beat everything on the road. Then when you lose you have an excuse. Even if the car has x amount of dollars in it and lose you make exuse(my car didnt hook/i missed a shift/ and what not) Im sure you have and so has alot of people on here as so have i on many occasions. All im saying is sometimes you lose and sometimes you win no matter what the car has that your racing or what you have.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by _Zac
That's not a 100% true. The turbo has plenty in it after market trust me!
True, a bpu 911tt could prolly be pretty nasty.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 AM
12 Second Club

IMO, I just dont like porsches... I had an 82 924 turbo, and dont get me wrong, I loved the car. It made panties drop, and I killed *** in it...
But I will take a full blown AMERICAN made ls1 over any VW... That is what I consider porsches.. Expensive as hell VW's
but again this is only my opinion... from being around porsches, they are for the guy who is having a MID LIFE crisis.....

I had one because my dad went thru the mid life crisis deal (I was 17) and afterwards gave me the porsche he didnt want anymore.LOL
Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LS1 f-bod's, made in the good ol united states of canada

lol hell the toyota trucks and honda's are made here in the US! american made
Old 11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

**** those ****** car owners
Old 11-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Teching In

porsche are road cars. not a straight line car. thats were they are fun. in the turns and trust me they can handle like a champ. i drove a 911tt like a 02 and that car is nice sexy and fast. yeah it cost 125k but hell a 17 to 25 years old guys dont have the cash for one unless your banking or your folks are with deep pockets. i respect everycar except rice burners unless its a supra, thats about the only car thats aisa made i like. back to my point. if a 911tt was 35k new people would buy the 911tt over the f-body but since the motor and transmisson cost more then a f-body did when it was new, good luck. i my self if i had deep pockets like the people that can buy a 911tt i would have it in the garage next to my ls1 but since i dont i will enjoy my ls1 powered formula. in my world f-bodys are great looking cars.and they are fast for what they cost.and people respect them a lot more then people know. sometimes the z28 or the trans am makes the scard to play.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

For those of you who like both of these vehicles(f-body and 911's) check this out.... How about putting an LS1,LT1 or SBC in them...
http://www.renegadehybrids.com/indexx.html
Old 11-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
lol @ this thread. The Porsche guy is probably on some website ranting about getting walked by a redneck in a camaro sporting a mullet.

car owner stereotypes
woah woah woah.....

No more mullets? How come nobody told me!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camaroboricua
For those of you who like both of these vehicles(f-body and 911's) check this out.... How about putting an LS1,LT1 or SBC in them...
Like putting a bunch of bras on a cow and calling it a horny man's dream. Well......they did used to put a lot of 350's in those Datsun 260ZX's (Scarabs is what they called it in California?). Or a 350 in a certain year Jaguar?....oh hell, who am I to talk, I have a Ford with a Yamaha engine in it
Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroboricua

That is great... Goes to show what the better engine is...
For someone to take A porsche 928, take the v-8 that they put in it, throw it away, and stick an ls-1 in it... DAM....

I like this......
Old 11-04-2007, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild *****
What's stopping you? Cost, maybe? Value for $$ spent? For what it costs to make that CRX competitive with an LS1, you could have a stock, reliable car that doesn't shout to everyone that you're 19 and trying to prove something.....

Pretty much why some people (not all) drive Porsches, I guess- I've got it so I can flaunt it-
1. cost is relative. You might have $5 in loose change in your ashtray. A bum on the corner might have that as life savings. Some people spend $10K like it is $10 bucks. So, spending more/less isn't really a good comparison, since everyone has a different comfort level on expenses.

2. not everyone is concerned with having the fastest car on the planet. While that might be cool to claim, the reality is that having the fastest car isn't really that important. Even some slower cars can be appreciated for what they are, and simply making a car faster than another car doesn't make it a better car. I'd take my stock Viper over my previous 10-second Formula ANY day.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:29 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I am about bang for the buck. I like to make my old *** 3rd gen go fast for cheap. Weather it be a porsche or a LSx car, if they beat me it is because they have 10x more money in it. My car is old junk to most like Zac and what not, but i take more pride in my **** than olmost everyone else because i do 100% of the work on my own ****. I really dont wanna know how much it cost to mod a Porsche, i know it cost way too much to mod a LSx when you pay somone else to do it. Both are nice, i will leave it at that.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

bang for the buck = sport bike.

ps... some people do not care that they spent more than you did. Different goals and perspectives, neither is correct.