Damn yuppies and their Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive porsche all the time at my job and unless its 911 turbo, they all feel like ****, poorly made evrything rattles inside, even new porsche dont have automatic windows! In my opinion they're over priced miatas. And yes they are very fast, but thats because they're light cars on roids. I would rather take a Z06, cobra.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by osvaldo
I drive porsche all the time at my job and unless its 911 turbo, they all feel like ****, poorly made evrything rattles inside

you got to be joking right???
Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

i went out and bought a porsche because when i took my C6 to a club back and tried to park in the VIP section with my other freinds with Porsches and Mercedes, i was told that there were no more parkings..i didnt get a 911 turbo because i already have too many 2 doors cars..so i got the cayenne turbo.

Now when i pull up, im always getting a front parking spot next to my buddies ferrari and/or other Porsches...yeah some of ya can call me shallow of whatever, but i like being able to walk right up to my car as soon as i get out of a club or nice restaurant.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:22 PM
8 Second Club

We have had 2x 996's at our house now and they are not cheaply made, they don't rattle, etc. I'm not sure where your getting this from. Only bad thing about them is it kinda feels like your in a little go-kart LOL! Though they are very fast little go-karts.

Duy I'm still afraid to take mine anywhere downtown because I'm always afraid some dumbass is going to **** with the car.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc300
i went out and bought a porsche because when i took my C6 to a club back and tried to park in the VIP section with my other freinds with Porsches and Mercedes, i was told that there were no more parkings..i didnt get a 911 turbo because i already have too many 2 doors cars..so i got the cayenne turbo.

Now when i pull up, im always getting a front parking spot next to my buddies ferrari and/or other Porsches...yeah some of ya can call me shallow of whatever, but i like being able to walk right up to my car as soon as i get out of a club or nice restaurant.
no your right on if im on a date/going out with chicks I never drive the SS they dont like it... Ie its to loud its too rough etc. Plus lets call it what it is the camaro was 20K not 60+. Vettes are vettes, but Porches, BMW, Mercedes etc. are on another level.

Thomas
Old 11-04-2007, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
no your right on if im on a date/going out with chicks I never drive the SS they dont like it... Ie its to loud its too rough etc. Plus lets call it what it is the camaro was 20K not 60+. Vettes are vettes, but Porches, BMW, Mercedes etc. are on another level.

Thomas

DAM, the girls you are dating dont like you taking them in the camaro...
Odd, not that I date now.. married... but when I use to date, the women loved the muscle....
both of them..

But all my wifes girl'friends are always like take me for a ride in the car...
Most of the ladies I know love the loud rough ride.

Basically I feel if you get some tramp that dont like your 20,000 dollar car, and wants you in a 60+, dropped the HO... cuz that is all she will be is a HO
Old 11-04-2007, 03:24 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
bang for the buck = sport bike.

ps... some people do not care that they spent more than you did. Different goals and perspectives, neither is correct.
As i said..."I am about bang for the buck..."
Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Only bad thing about them is it kinda feels like your in a little go-kart LOL! Though they are very fast little go-karts.
Thats exactly what I mean? it doesnt feel like a well made car! It doesnt feel like your driving a 70K car. Thats just my opinion...
Old 11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
11 Second Club

JMO but C6 ZO6 > Porsche anyday!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by conde'strans
JMO but C6 ZO6 > Porsche anyday!
I concur

porsche
Old 11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quickblade
DAM, the girls you are dating dont like you taking them in the camaro...
Odd, not that I date now.. married... but when I use to date, the women loved the muscle....
both of them..

But all my wifes girl'friends are always like take me for a ride in the car...
Most of the ladies I know love the loud rough ride.

Basically I feel if you get some tramp that dont like your 20,000 dollar car, and wants you in a 60+, dropped the HO... cuz that is all she will be is a HO

if the chick don't like my ride and like me for who i am, they can and walk home.....there's plenty more out there that will love every minute of it....
Old 11-04-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

pfff at least plow the skank before droppin the bomb on her that you cant afford her
Old 11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Breakfast Fanatic

Originally Posted by osvaldo
I drive porsche all the time at my job and unless its 911 turbo, they all feel like ****, poorly made evrything rattles inside, even new porsche dont have automatic windows! In my opinion they're over priced miatas. And yes they are very fast, but thats because they're light cars on roids. I would rather take a Z06, cobra.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 11-04-2007, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300

That is because your C6 looks stock. The VIP parking treated mine the same way until I put nice wheels on it and it sounded like a racecar with a supercharger.

Stock Corvettes ARE boring!

But, I do agree that they are a little picky about cars in front of the bars. I get better service in my Escalade than the other cars, including the C6. They will move Corvettes out of those spots for the Viper
Old 11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Breakfast Fanatic

How are you likeing the viper tony?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pewter02TA
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Whats funny about what i wrote? Is it cause i said i drive cars like that at my job?
I'm a doorman at the Four Seasons, so I'm the one that decides what cars stay up in VIP spots.

Ask quickblade, tony and all these other guys how much they pay for their cars to stay up close... and i get anywhere from 16-20 cars daily...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited by osvaldo; 11-04-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

It isn't uncommon for me to pay $20-40 for a VIP parking spot at a club or fancy restaurant. But, I never let assclown valet guys drive my cars, I prefer to park them myself and keep the keys

Heard too many horror stories with former valet working buddies
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM
8 Second Club

It isn't uncommon for me to pay $20-40 for a VIP parking spot at a club or fancy restaurant. But, I never let assclown valet guys drive my cars, I prefer to park them myself and keep the keys

Exactly!! The few time's they've come up for the keys I'm like yeah.. I'll move it don't worry.

And my comment referring to the Go-Kart feel was not about the quality. The quality of Porsche's interior is top notch. It's just so small it feels like your in a Go-Kart.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

you guys are right, i'd rather own a camaro any day of the week because i can make it faster cheaper
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is true, but not my place of work. We run a tight shift and there are cameras EVERYWHERE, so everyone behaves. We have to hang on to keys though in case of emergencies, fire fighters, ambulance etc...

See that car ^ and powell's car is bad ***, but the cayman and the boxster feel like ****. IMO