Damn yuppies and their Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why cant I ever find any of these douche bags. Im always looking for one of those punk cars to insult.... I always get PePaw....
Old 11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by osvaldo
We have to hang on to keys though in case of emergencies, fire fighters, ambulance etc...
gotta call bullshit on that one, it is the oldest excuse in the book. As a valet guy, you are programmed to respond with that statement.

1. Vehicles that are legally parked are not in the way of rescue/firetrucks. That is why there is such thing as red curbs and "DO NOT PARK" areas, specifically for those reasons.

2. Even if some of the spaces *might* be in the way of such emergency vehicles, you should only hold the keys for those specific parking spots which *might* be questionable. Not the keys to three stories of parking garage spaces which are nowhere near a fire hydrant or building entryway.

Personally, I'd rather have a firetruck hit and total my car than some schmuck 17-yr old valet driver who can't control himself in other people's property.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
gotta call bullshit on that one, it is the oldest excuse in the book. As a valet guy, you are programmed to respond with that statement.

1. Vehicles that are legally parked are not in the way of rescue/firetrucks. That is why there is such thing as red curbs and "DO NOT PARK" areas, specifically for those reasons.

2. Even if some of the spaces *might* be in the way of such emergency vehicles, you should only hold the keys for those specific parking spots which *might* be questionable. Not the keys to three stories of parking garage spaces which are nowhere near a fire hydrant or building entryway.

Personally, I'd rather have a firetruck hit and total my car than some schmuck 17-yr old valet driver who can't control himself in other people's property.
Well its easy to call bullshit on something you have no idea about...
Where i work the hold spots (VIP spots) are layed out around the front drive of the hotel. The cars dont leave the drive area. Other cars are parked down stairs in the garage. But those are regular valet parked cars. So i have to hang to the keys because if the fire department comes i have to completely clear the dirve. I dont care if its a Rolls Royce that bitch is moving. Those cars are illegally parked because its the hotels property. But we still need to be able to move them. Not because we will get in trouble but we do not want to get in the way of any emergency response vehicle.

And if i need to get a car out of a spot for someone that is leaving, i have to move a car or two sometimes to get it out. I can draw you a diagram if you want

And they run strict background checks on the staff. Drug testing at the point of higher. If there is ever an accident, which does happen, the driver is tested for drugs on the spot. And the hotel pays for all damages done to any guest's car.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Drug testing at the point of higher.
Seems kinda silly to drug test at that point. If you test when they're already high, seems like you'd get a lot of failures and have a hard time finding someone who'd pass. I guess if you found someone who'd pass when high though, you'd really have a winner.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
We have had 2x 996's at our house now and they are not cheaply made, they don't rattle, etc. I'm not sure where your getting this from. Only bad thing about them is it kinda feels like your in a little go-kart LOL! Though they are very fast little go-karts.

Duy I'm still afraid to take mine anywhere downtown because I'm always afraid some dumbass is going to **** with the car.

we dont go to downtown with nice cars...but in midtown, you can park your car right at the door of the clubs and keep your own keys...
Old 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by sc300
we dont go to downtown with nice cars...but in midtown, you can park your car right at the door of the clubs and keep your own keys...
Yeah downtown parking is shitty. I hated having to park 8 miles away from everything. Midtown though isn't so bad. I've only been a few times, I probably should get out more.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm envious of Big Powell's car
Old 11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

That is because your C6 looks stock. The VIP parking treated mine the same way until I put nice wheels on it and it sounded like a racecar with a supercharger.

Stock Corvettes ARE boring!

But, I do agree that they are a little picky about cars in front of the bars. I get better service in my Escalade than the other cars, including the C6. They will move Corvettes out of those spots for the Viper
well..before i had the porsche, i thought a C6 was pimp enough..until i got denied for VIP ...

but now i see the light..they move cars out of the way for me all the times now..

i guess we are growing older now and wiser...i used to think my supra was pimp too...but the general older crowd dont seem to think so..******* yuppies!!!! hahahahaha
Old 11-05-2007, 01:32 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
I'm envious of Big Powell's car
I think we (Matt and I) maybe coming to Austin in a few weeks if I can get a break from fkn papers. Ben and Tyler have been asking us to come up. So it's time to hit up 6th street.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Well its easy to call bullshit on something you have no idea about...
I was in the restaurant and club business for 7 years, we hired valets at all locations. I know exactly what goes on. We also programmed our valets to reply with the same bullshit line for any customers who asked.

Where i work the hold spots (VIP spots) are layed out around the front drive of the hotel. The cars dont leave the drive area. Other cars are parked down stairs in the garage. But those are regular valet parked cars. So i have to hang to the keys because if the fire department comes i have to completely clear the dirve. I dont care if its a Rolls Royce that bitch is moving. Those cars are illegally parked because its the hotels property.
That is why I said this:

Vehicles that are legally parked are not in the way of rescue/firetrucks
Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by reject
i'm compairing the CRX to the ls1. it's your affordible car that you mod to beat a more expensive car (ls1)

I dont know exactly how the qoute goes but it think it says, " You can make any peice of **** fast, but at the end of the day is just a fast peice of ****"
Old 11-05-2007, 02:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
I dont know exactly how the qoute goes but it think it says, " You can make any peice of **** fast, but at the end of the day is just a fast peice of ****"

hey people have to start out somewhere..not everyone can be rich..i had a CRX back in the days with no AC, but it was very fast..i had to go to school all dressed up and by the time i got there, my clothes were drenched..but at that time, that was all i could afford..i had a blast in that car...took down many 5.0, LT1s, and a few supras!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I had a 1985 Nissan Pulsar NX during college.... in 1992. I couldn't even afford a CRX!

I remember drooling over Sentras and CRX's with 17" wheels and boomin' stereo systems. I couldn't afford the gas to run my '69 Camaro back then, so I had to sell it.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a 1985 Nissan Pulsar NX during college.... in 1992. I couldn't even afford a CRX!

I remember drooling over Sentras and CRX's with 17" wheels and boomin' stereo systems. I couldn't afford the gas to run my '69 Camaro back then, so I had to sell it.

c'mon...what was gas back then??? 50cents???
Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

hahahaha..the life of a poor college student!!!!!!!!

my CRX was a 1989 with 150k miles on it..i bought it from my freind in 95 with a student loan..
Old 11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

My '69 Camaro had no A/C, and I drove it 40 miles a day in Houston traffic to go to college. The distance from Friendswood to UH Main. It got 9 mpg on the highway

I sold it for $3500, paid $2400 for the Nissan. Drove the Nissan for 2 yrs, then it became unreliable and kept stalling when it got hot in traffic.

fun times... I guess some people never get the displeasure of owning a true beater as their only vehicle, right Duy? haha
Old 11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

My '69 Camaro had no A/C, and I drove it 40 miles a day in Houston traffic to go to college. The distance from Friendswood to UH Main. It got 9 mpg on the highway

I sold it for $3500, paid $2400 for the Nissan. Drove the Nissan for 2 yrs, then it became unreliable and kept stalling when it got hot in traffic.

fun times... I guess some people never get the displeasure of owning a true beater as their only vehicle, right Duy? haha

you owned the worse nissan at the time..my ex g/f had a Pulsa when she was in college and that POS broke down every other weekend..it finally seized up on her one day..

i think that by growing up poor and having to drive a POS just to get to school make us become hard workers and more successful today!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

sadly, that Nissan left a bad taste in my mouth on buying another import. I always heard about how reliable they were until I owned one. The timing belt busted at 65K miles, cost me $1200 in damage to the engine. Then the FWD transaxle took a **** and it cost me $1500. Then the stupid electronic distributor crapped out and that was $400. Repairs cost more than the car was worth

I agree about having to drive POS cars, they make me fully appreciate what I have today. That is probably why I take such good care of the cars too.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Pimp

lol this thread takes me back to the days of my ole 91 Grand Prix.. Bitch was SIIIIICK!!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by _Zac
lol this thread takes me back to the days of my ole 91 Grand Prix.. Bitch was SIIIIICK!!
Bet it didnt have **** on my first stang....a 1074 Rustang II W/2.3 4 speed and a 3.55 posi!!!! YYYEEEEAAAA bitches, 500$. Was a coupe too! Bet it would kill your cobra!!!!