any one want an Iguana?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one want an Iguana?

so my brothers Iguana died tonight and mine is sitting in a cage all alone .
He needs to go to a good home i've had him for a about 8 months or so, hes about 1-2 feet in length he may be more im just giving a guess hes still a baby. I dont have the time to train/hold him so hes a bit frisky, after you hold them for so long they get used to you and allow you to hold them etc with no problems. he may or may not come with a cage depends on if i wanna keep this big ol thing or not. I paid 60+ for the Iguana, food/water bowls bedding etc. If any one wants him let me know
Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ExecutionerT/AZ28
so my brothers Iguana died tonight and mine is sitting in a cage all alone .
He needs to go to a good home i've had him for a about 8 months or so, hes about 1-2 feet in length he may be more im just giving a guess hes still a baby. I dont have the time to train/hold him so hes a bit frisky, after you hold them for so long they get used to you and allow you to hold them etc with no problems. he may or may not come with a cage depends on if i wanna keep this big ol thing or not. I paid 60+ for the Iguana, food/water bowls bedding etc. If any one wants him let me know

My girlfriend wants us to get one so bad, I just don't know if I would have the room for him. Let me talk to her and I will find out.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:53 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I got a bearded dragon, he is the ****, i have owned 4 or 5 iguanas and by far i will only buy a dragon from now on. My iguanas got WAY bigger though. I had one that was 5 ft!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

I just got my youngest brother one for his birthday. Its about 10" long and that ****** is nuts. You cant hardly do anything with it. I was thinking about making a lizard sandwich after messing with it this weekend.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

You have really got to spend a lot of time with them for them to calm down. If you knew the **** they go through before you purchase them, you'd know why they're like that. I had one for a few years, she was over 6 ft. long, and was an awesome pet. She loved to cuddle up and sit on my lap or on the back of the couch, but when it came time for mating, she would get very cranky, and also when she molted, she would get cranky. I knew better than to mess with her then. I watched her rip a hole in my roommate's jeans with her tail when he wouldn't leave her alone once, and then another time, my cat wanted to play with her tail, and she swatted the cat across the room with her tail into the wall. For anyone considering getting one, just remember that they get huge in a couple years. The cage I built for mine was 8'x7'x7'. They also need scheduled heating and moisture in order to digest food and to have healthy skin. And they can get mites, and you have to cut them fresh veggies, and they have to have their vitamins. I'm not trying to scare anyone into not getting one, but I can't stand that people buy these things all the time, and keep them in small cages with poor lighting, heat, and nutrition. They will not live very long that way.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by monicaz28
You have really got to spend a lot of time with them for them to calm down. If you knew the **** they go through before you purchase them, you'd know why they're like that. I had one for a few years, she was over 6 ft. long, and was an awesome pet. She loved to cuddle up and sit on my lap or on the back of the couch, but when it came time for mating, she would get very cranky, and also when she molted, she would get cranky. I knew better than to mess with her then. I watched her rip a hole in my roommate's jeans with her tail when he wouldn't leave her alone once, and then another time, my cat wanted to play with her tail, and she swatted the cat across the room with her tail into the wall. For anyone considering getting one, just remember that they get huge in a couple years. The cage I built for mine was 8'x7'x7'. They also need scheduled heating and moisture in order to digest food and to have healthy skin. And they can get mites, and you have to cut them fresh veggies, and they have to have their vitamins. I'm not trying to scare anyone into not getting one, but I can't stand that people buy these things all the time, and keep them in small cages with poor lighting, heat, and nutrition. They will not live very long that way.
very true i cut him fresh veggies put them in a bag and them them to him daily his cage is like 6x7x7 or so so he is in a fairly large cage.
I usta hold him but after time i couldnt fit him to to my time frame any more
Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any pics??