What are might rights? Car Towed....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I don't think it's exactly "easy" to jack your car back man. Repo yards stay open 24/7, they usually have weapons, and they almost always have cameras and guard dogs.. Most of the yards I've seen access the lot through a motorized steel gate which can only be opened from inside the office. Pretty sure they factored in the possibility of someone trying to come get their car back at some point and took preventive measures.

Last edited by 6THZ28; 11-13-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
Well I don't think it's exactly "easy" to jack your car back man. Repo yards stay open 24/7, they usually have weapons, and they almost always have cameras and guard dogs.. Most of the yards I've seen access the lot through a motorized steel gate which can only be opened from inside the office. Pretty sure they factored in the possibility of someone trying to come get their car back at some point and took preventive measures.
Actually, most repo yard guys go home at night, and all of them I do work for have the sweetest dogs on teh planet. They act mean until you pet em and them you can't get them to leave you alone. All of them around here have a chain with a padlock. The guy that took his car back here put a new lock on and left them keys to it, lol
Old 11-13-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ever heard the saying "revenge is a dish best served cold", or "don't get mad, get even" ?

if they wanna be ********, let them be ********.....just quietly and politely pay the cost to get it back and don't give them anything to remember you by. then wait a few months to allow them to forget you even more.

over the course of several months, i'm sure they have dealt with hundreds or even thousands of other people/cars, some of which will surely not go quietly. you, on the other hand, will most definitely still remember them, because (with any luck), they will be the only ones you have had to deal with.

once that happens, you can cost them a whole HELL of a lot more than that measly $300 very quickly.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
The guy that took his car back here put a new lock on and left them keys to it, lol
What a thoughtful guy
Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with the others you should take your car back to that shopping center when you get the car back. stay hidden behind a bush with a sniper and once the tow truck comes again to hook up, spray a high velocity bullet through that tow truck drivers head and hope the bullet ricochets off a wall and hits the guy who called.. hey they say you have the right to kill when there on your property lol tow truck driver shouldnt of been on your property. It would be well worth $300 in my opinion...JUST JOKING...TRY TO FIGHT IT
Old 11-14-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

i smell bullshit, either get in there and try and get your car back or its court time... noone gave you warning... if it was just someone renting ohwell who doesn't park infront of other stores? isnt that why its a ******* parking lot.. take a pictures and take it straight to court
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

Its not worth getting arrested or shot trying to avoid the 300 bill. You need to pay it so you can get it out asap. Every day its there, they are just adding more fees. After you get it out, then you can try to sue or go to court or whatever.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 AM
12 Second Club

If you went and took it back, how would they be able to trace you..
You have paper plates dont you???

only other info they have is the VIn #
Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Launching!

I just thought of something that I remembered happened a few years ago. I remember that it is somewhat illegal for a tow truck driver to drive off with a car when/if it is occupied. I recall an instance where a guy was going to get towed and he jumped in his car and refused to get out. He could not drive off because the car was already being lifted, the tow truck driver called the police. The police did nothing to remove the guy because they said it was a civil matter. I dont remember exactly the outcome but I think the guy paid the $80 pick up drop off fee instead of it going to the storage lot for that hefty $300. You should have tried that and I think you would have been down that avenue telling us about this esperience too.

On a wierd note, I met a fellow ls1 on here not knowing he was a member. Tomozey is his call name here and didnt know was a tow truck driver till last night when the sheriff's were getting a stolen car taken off the side of my business last night. Tomozey! Ring in, give us some advice! (and btw, nice meeting you, we outta have a mini get together in my parking lot!)

Last edited by Grimlock; 11-14-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 AM
TECH Junkie

I agree with what Red00 said....you need to pay the bill now, and sue later. The longer it's in there, the more they charge you. They don't care if you're trying to fight it...if your car is in there lot - they are charging you. Your best bet is to pay for it now, and then, if there aren't any signs in that lot, going after the shop owner, or possible the tow truck company/driver for the fees you had to pay.