TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

thanks mellow!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
thanks mellow!
Thats cool.. It just sucks when you post a simple thread and it becomes a debate...We all have our opinions...
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah.... want to buy gauges! lol oh snap wrong post! lol
Old 11-30-2007, 10:45 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
...It's only a baby cam/N2O car its not pro-stock jackass...
Take it easy on the name calling please, and before we get back on topic ask NiceTry about tuning cars with MAF screens. He tunes cars at MTI so he might have a clue.
He can tune cars without MAF screens in his sleep, blindfolded and tied to a tree.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trev_SS
he actually will not tell you what it will run but he will say that it is quick and i will believe because he knows his ****,
Not to keep going off topic here but he says that because it has never ran 6 anything....Its barely in the 7's as it is!

I ran 7.9's 2 wks after I drove the car off the showroom floor with stock manifolds, gutted cats, free mods, and a lid. Cutting 1.79 60's on the stock TC with a drag radial. He told me I was spraying the car...LOL Spray didnt ever hit the car 'til it was a year old and the other mods like stall etc were finished. The car is on the fastest stock internal list as well.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Take it easy on the name calling please, and before we get back on topic ask NiceTry about tuning cars with MAF screens. He tunes cars at MTI so he might have a clue.
He can tune cars without MAF screens in his sleep, blindfolded and tied to a tree.

Peace,
Craig.
You'll have to understand the lack of uh intelligence the person has thats doing the tune work. Not everyone is as skilled as him. He also ports some mean heads I hear. So mean the seats fall out. hehe
Old 11-30-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CRAGER

Peace,
Craig.
Jackass is more of a statement not name calling... and again All tuners have different methods... "I" had trouble with my Maf being descreened went to the junkyard purchased used Maf took the Screened end off placed it on my existing Maf and straightened out 2/3rds of the Idle issues I had.. Some may have luck some not...
Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Jackass is more of a statement not name calling... and again All tuners have different methods... "I" had trouble with my Maf being descreened went to the junkyard purchased used Maf took the Screened end off placed it on my existing Maf and straightened out 2/3rds of the Idle issues I had.. Some may have luck some not...
Ok I got ya now on both subjects boss.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
You'll have to understand the lack of uh intelligence the person has thats doing the tune work. Not everyone is as skilled as him. He also ports some mean heads I hear. So mean the seats fall out. hehe
I think you are thinking about someone else or are misinformed. He ports throttle bodies not heads... He messed with porting heads and decided against it..
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MTI ports heads all day long mellow.. and to +1 Cragar, Jayson has been tuning mean cars forever. I've seen him tune countless cars with my own eyes, no one ever has a problem. If it needs a retune, he's all over it. The point is, he could care less if the MAF is unscreened. In fact, he doesn't even ask...
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im thinking of re titling this thread ..... and post another want to buy or trade maf thread!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
MTI ports heads all day long mellow.. and to +1 Cragar, Jayson has been tuning mean cars forever. I've seen him tune countless cars with my own eyes, no one ever has a problem. If it needs a retune, he's all over it. The point is, he could care less if the MAF is unscreened. In fact, he doesn't even ask...
MTI porting heads was not in Question..
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Musta misread. My bad
Old 12-01-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you sell tunes when the person who is tuning your car has his own personal car that pulls into a meet surging its *** off and he is playing with the throttle to keep it alive?

I don't think Shaner has a clue. JMO
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Banned

I think you are thinking about someone else or are misinformed. He ports throttle bodies not heads... He messed with porting heads and decided against it..
Ask Pomeroy how his heads turned out that Shaner did. ROTFLMAO. He decided not to do them because he was in way over his head! Referring back to his knowledge. Its not hard to port a TB Brian. Cylinder heads are an art. Tuning is an art as well.

And yes like BBC mentioned...surging owners cars ROCK! If you tune a car without a wideband for driveabilty on the street you are playing with fire. The man already has health problems. Wait til he attempts to tune the wrong mans car that actually has a clue and he will really have a health issue on his hands.

Its easy to manipulate the unknowing. Thats how things get messed up so bad in the first place and someone in the know has to fix it.

Reminds me of a conversation TX-SS had with him when we ported a FAST 90 for his car and Shaner told him straight up a LS6 and his TB would make more power. I still havent stopped laughing on that one.

BTW, anyone want to race a 35th SS from say a 30 roll???Let me know as it can be arranged. Prefer to race some 6 speed gods so we can crack some skulls NA to NA.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
How do you sell tunes when the person who is tuning your car has his own personal car that pulls into a meet surging its *** off and he is playing with the throttle to keep it alive?

I don't think Shaner has a clue. JMO
Cant buy those at a shop can ya? A clue that is!
If you do find some...buy some and resell them to WiseAss
Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
And a knowledgeable tuner WONT ask that question or even tell you to get one with a screen!
Old 12-01-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've never known MAF screens to cause any problems...but I am out of the loop.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
Cant buy those at a shop can ya? A clue that is!
If you do find some...buy some and resell them to WiseAss
I wouldn't know. But If I did, I would. lol.

I do know he talked about my car not running good when not one of his customers have run a number I have...not that it's fast or anything, just thought it was funny how he talked about it. :shrug:

He's been lucky getting alot of customers that already have the tunes done and need updates on small things. He gets credited.

Did he happen to port that silver zoh's heads that I heard the seat fell out of?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
I've never known MAF screens to cause any problems...but I am out of the loop.
Couple of Mich. Ultra's and you'll be on top of your game.