wtt: UNScreened maf for screed Maf

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
Couple of Mich. Ultra's and you'll be on top of your game.
That is the problem, I haven't been drinking enough.

WOTFMAN, the 35th SS, whose car?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
How do you sell tunes when the person who is tuning your car has his own personal car that pulls into a meet surging its *** off and he is playing with the throttle to keep it alive?

I don't think Shaner has a clue. JMO
Like he told you when he came that night he just changed a bunch of things on his car including putting long tubes on it and was tuning it .. Hence the lap top he was using while we were watching... I have no idea about him porting heads. the only person I have heard bad things about is that Xfactor pitbulls guy... Dougs heads were off the shelf Trick flows...
Old 12-01-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN

Reminds me of a conversation TX-SS had with him when we ported a FAST 90 for his car and Shaner told him straight up a LS6 and his TB would make more power. I still havent stopped laughing on that one.
This is where I think things get misunderstood .. I've heard this same story about his freind , Rick I believe was his name put a ported fast and TB on and lost power over his LS6 and Shaner TB..Not that his combo will make more.. I think you got it wrong... Hell he has a ported fast on his car...
Old 12-01-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Ask Pomeroy how his heads turned out that Shaner did. ROTFLMAO. He decided not to do them because he was in way over his head! Referring back to his knowledge. Its not hard to port a TB Brian. Cylinder heads are an art. Tuning is an art as well.

And yes like BBC mentioned...surging owners cars ROCK! If you tune a car without a wideband for driveabilty on the street you are playing with fire. The man already has health problems. Wait til he attempts to tune the wrong mans car that actually has a clue and he will really have a health issue on his hands.

Its easy to manipulate the unknowing. Thats how things get messed up so bad in the first place and someone in the know has to fix it.

Reminds me of a conversation TX-SS had with him when we ported a FAST 90 for his car and Shaner told him straight up a LS6 and his TB would make more power. I still havent stopped laughing on that one.

BTW, anyone want to race a 35th SS from say a 30 roll???Let me know as it can be arranged. Prefer to race some 6 speed gods so we can crack some skulls NA to NA.
I hear that SS pulls hard...
Old 12-01-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
I hear that SS pulls hard...
Me too...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

whos SS is it?? WOTFMAN??

plus, i still do remember that converstation with shaner on the phone when i had some trouble with my fast 90 TB.

i called shaner and asked him if he could fix the sticking problem with my TB and he told me to ditch the fast 90/90 combo and stick with ls6 intake and his TB. then my car will FLY~~~

i dont lie.. ASK HIM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

The SS is slow guys...it don't even trap 120 in the 1/4 on motor.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TX_SS
whos SS is it?? WOTFMAN??

plus, i still do remember that converstation with shaner on the phone when i had some trouble with my fast 90 TB.

i called shaner and asked him if he could fix the sticking problem with my TB and he told me to ditch the fast 90/90 combo and stick with ls6 intake and his TB. then my car will FLY~~~

i dont lie.. ASK HIM.
On your stock bottom end right...
Old 12-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
On your stock bottom end right...
Yep...But why would it matter if it its a stock bottom end B?

The intake doesnt know anymore then he does whether or not it will unleash magical power or act a fool.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yep...But why would it matter if it its a stock bottom end B?

The intake doesnt know anymore then he does whether or not it will unleash magical power or act a fool.
Big cube motors respond more to a fast 90 than a stock bottom does , you know that..
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Big cube motors respond more to a fast 90 than a stock bottom does , you know that..
The intake responds the same percentage of airflow on either motor. The larger bores generally need more airflow but that is also in conjuction with cam, and cylinder heads. To say it wasnt worth anything is foolish. But then again we all know what I think of him and his cam surging turtle.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who has a cam surging turtle ? BTW do I know you ?
Old 12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

god damn here we go im glad i found this post

there is NOT A DAMN THING WRONG WITH SHANER
yes, he does not dyno tune. but he can tune better imho than any shop in dfw. ive seen cars go to these shops around here and then come to shaner after issues and still in a better tune to where they are alot happier

ive seen the difference on hp tuners with a descreened maf and with the screen. it fills in extra air in each cylinder which is not nessacry that the computer doesnt knw about. and basically is guessing on how much fuel to match.... which in reality is not safe..

shaner has tuned my car for a while now and i reccommed a few people to him. ive been happy so far. and STRONGLY belive in have a screened maf
Old 12-04-2007, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to the actual subject it does not really matter weather or not the MAF is screened or unscreened. What does matter is if it has been ported, and in that case it can mess with a tune, and could possible cause problems. Also like I have stated before if you have not taken the screen out of your MAF I would just leave it that way it is you will not pick up any power by simply removing the screen. In one of my previous posts I stated why the screen is actually in there, but not having it will not really hurt you either, but I just wanted to explain the purpose behind it.

Also as far as getting your car tuned or worked on for that matter go with someone you trust and have faith in. You really can not listen to everyone that has a complaint because you can never know exactly what went down because you were not there. Every shop has had complaints, and at some point every shop makes mistakes, but it is how those issues are handled that makes the deciding factor weather or not they are someone you wish to do business with. Good luck.

Thomas