Determining Interest - DFW car club?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Glad to hear it.

I will meet some of you at the Hulen meet Sat. and we can discuss some ideas then.

Looks like we'll go ahead and move forwrd with the next stage of the plan.

g
I'll be there. Cars on the left, but it has a white stripe now.
Old 11-29-2007 | 12:12 PM
Banned

From: Putting my feet in your couch, cause thats how im living

I WOULD BE EXTREMELY INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS BECOME REALITY!

It sounds like a sweet deal, we already have a ton of people going to the hooters meet. I think that this should go through, forgive me if the earlier posts have more info on this happening. Dont have much time and didnt read just replied, have to take off but whatever the list count me in!

Zach
Old 11-29-2007 | 02:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by What a Rush
I WOULD BE EXTREMELY INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS BECOME REALITY!

It sounds like a sweet deal, we already have a ton of people going to the hooters meet. I think that this should go through, forgive me if the earlier posts have more info on this happening. Dont have much time and didnt read just replied, have to take off but whatever the list count me in!

Zach
Got your p.m. and left a v.m.!

g
Old 11-29-2007 | 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

This is what I have in my Car clubs post in the Texas section...
"Well, nice to see the responses, and hear about all the different clubs....
We need something good for the DFW area.... Something that is going to take off, and not look back...

A club that is not just F-bods....... For dont get me wrong... I love f-bodies...But from what I am seeing, alot of the only F-bod clubs seem to take off for a while, then they die off... Too many people changing their vehicles.... Then they dont have f-bod anymore, and dont get involved...

I think we should have a Car Club that is a racing club... Not just an F-bod club...
NO RICERS though..... They seem to ruin alot of things..."

I been trying to keep both these posts going to get enough interest... We can get something good here taking off....
Old 11-29-2007 | 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickblade
This is what I have in my Car clubs post in the Texas section...
"Well, nice to see the responses, and hear about all the different clubs....
We need something good for the DFW area.... Something that is going to take off, and not look back...

A club that is not just F-bods....... For dont get me wrong... I love f-bodies...But from what I am seeing, alot of the only F-bod clubs seem to take off for a while, then they die off... Too many people changing their vehicles.... Then they dont have f-bod anymore, and dont get involved...

I think we should have a Car Club that is a racing club... Not just an F-bod club...
NO RICERS though..... They seem to ruin alot of things..."

I been trying to keep both these posts going to get enough interest... We can get something good here taking off....
I concur!
Old 11-29-2007 | 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im in G. Although i wont have anything to show OR tell...unless my HHR counts..haha.
Old 11-29-2007 | 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1970judge
Im in G. Although i wont have anything to show OR tell...unless my HHR counts..haha.
You got an HHR... **** slap some N2O on that bitch and there you go...

I heard of a guy doing that.. Not sure where it was, but was interesting thought to see 1 of those with N2O....
Old 11-29-2007 | 05:32 PM
Banned

Gilbert, Im in as you could prolly guess. I would be glad to help with duties and assist in any way I could to get this going. I need to take that gay ricekiller stcker off and put one of yours on. BTW I will talk business with you at the Sat meet, it is close to my work so I will be there.
-Jeremy
Old 11-29-2007 | 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
I would be interested but it's gonna be tough. This is what the members of the Texas F-Body Association wanted but, as you have seen, we just can't seem to get enough interested people to make it grow. DFW has more f-bodies than anywhere else in the country but most are not "joiners". I really don't know why it is so hard to get this kind of thing organized in DFW. There was also talk of a big GTO club but that seems to have died too. Good luck.
i am in texas fba and like stated above and i have a couple other friends in it that like the people... but they are not the same kinda car people that most us on ls1tech are.. we mod race mod race blow up fix race and hang out... all they do is hang out... it sucks i used to race in mexico and loved it love going to the track love meeting up and bsin about car stuff.. but they dont want to and its to hard to get them to do alot of stuff they do 1 meet and its at hot rods and hogs in arlington... BORING been there once never went back... i want something more taylored to my kinda car meet ie stated above.. and hate the ricers and all the crap that goes along with them.. if you start a meet i am down i will have to take my corolla till i get mine running but i will be there.. just wish it would be alittle closer... but if we got a place to hang out.. and some one to tell people to leave when they are acting up... then i will drive the distance to hang out at a good meet where i dont have to worry about idiots....
Old 11-29-2007 | 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
i am in texas fba and like stated above and i have a couple other friends in it that like the people... but they are not the same kinda car people that most us on ls1tech are.. we mod race mod race blow up fix race and hang out... all they do is hang out... it sucks i used to race in mexico and loved it love going to the track love meeting up and bsin about car stuff.. but they dont want to and its to hard to get them to do alot of stuff they do 1 meet and its at hot rods and hogs in arlington... BORING been there once never went back... i want something more taylored to my kinda car meet ie stated above.. and hate the ricers and all the crap that goes along with them.. if you start a meet i am down i will have to take my corolla till i get mine running but i will be there.. just wish it would be alittle closer... but if we got a place to hang out.. and some one to tell people to leave when they are acting up... then i will drive the distance to hang out at a good meet where i dont have to worry about idiots....
What you said about texas fba, is what I dont like about alot of clubs around here. 1 meet, and dont like to do ****....

I want to be setting **** up with other clubs, rent out tracks, and go ***** out against other clubs...

Drive down to houston as a big car club group, and get with them guys, just have fun and do stuff...
Not the, give me money so we can hang out at hogs in arlington... f'ing dumb... Need more to a club...
Like meets, cruises, car shows set up, trophys... RACING @ TRACKS>>>

That is 1 thing I loved about the lowrider scene.. Always doing something...
cruises, shows, competitions..... etc...
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Gilbert, Im in as you could prolly guess. I would be glad to help with duties and assist in any way I could to get this going. I need to take that gay ricekiller stcker off and put one of yours on. BTW I will talk business with you at the Sat meet, it is close to my work so I will be there.
-Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy, sounds good.

g
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:31 PM
FormerVendor

See, I knew there would be some interest.

I am talking about some real **** here guys! Not some wanna be group that never gets organized. Not some group of people that do not know what to do with themselves.

It's on. I will devote energies to this tonight and tomorrow in order to bring something tangeable to the gig this Saturday.

g
Old 11-29-2007 | 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quickblade
What you said about texas fba, is what I dont like about alot of clubs around here. 1 meet, and dont like to do ****....

I want to be setting **** up with other clubs, rent out tracks, and go ***** out against other clubs...

Drive down to houston as a big car club group, and get with them guys, just have fun and do stuff...
Not the, give me money so we can hang out at hogs in arlington... f'ing dumb... Need more to a club...
Like meets, cruises, car shows set up, trophys... RACING @ TRACKS>>>

That is 1 thing I loved about the lowrider scene.. Always doing something...
cruises, shows, competitions..... etc...
i agree with all of the above. me and mystic are pretty good friends....work together actually. and we talk about this all the time. i know i have touched base with Artic(craig) about this before. i have wanted Texasfba to break out FOR A LONG TIME. i was on the verge of making ALOT fo stuff happen in that club. a few meets, a ballpark day in frisco (for the roughriders) and some other stuff....but NOONE wanted to participate. When we go to the meetings/meets....nothing really happens. We are on the verge of getting a new website, and i am excited about this, but im afraid it may be too late. im sure alot of people have at one point or another expressed interest in Texasfba, and if you havent....you should. it is not a bad car club.....it has ALOT of potential, but it lacks the client base. I know i have voiced my opinions in these areas SEVERAL times on the texasfba board...and feel like it has gotten me nowhere. heres the deal......I wanna have a club where things happen too, i wanna have a weekly meet, at a certain place, where its not just a 20 minute meeting, then we all disband and do NOTHING. iw ant a meet where things happen. For instance....someone says they can whoop another cars ***, then they settle it....either in mexico or at the track. you know? where ideas are shared, and exploited. Where we do things on a regular basis, not just as a club but as friends. you know? I am friends with alot of f-body people.....and i know they would like to be a part of a club, but they also want to do something as a club....you know? I have alot of ideas, and i am willing to do them if we can get things rolling. I have a big cruise in mind.....im going to start planning it for next summer.....so maybe this canbe a basis....or something to kick off a club?

in other words....IM IN. ill help with anything i can. and ill start sharing my ideas here too
Old 11-29-2007 | 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

same here i am down.... as long as i can take the corolla till my car is running
Old 11-29-2007 | 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98mysticZ
same here i am down.... as long as i can take the v8 corolla till my car is running
is this the one you took a year to do the 454 swap on?
Old 11-30-2007 | 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
is this the one you took a year to do the 454 swap on?
HAHA, thats funny. i think ill save this one
Old 11-30-2007 | 12:31 AM
On The Tree

i also dont mean to offend....the members in the texasfba are my friends, and i dont mean bad by them. i seriously think there is mroe to be done with the club than has been done already. its a good club. just not enough motivation
Old 11-30-2007 | 12:51 AM
FormerVendor

Refchevcam I replied to your p.m.

Here's the deal. There is no reason to include nor exclude any existing group or meet. No reason to do anything else than what has been going on. If you guys have something cooking that's just fine, I encourage it in fact.

This group / club / meet or what ever you want to call it will not meet once a week. I do not have the time for that. That is not to say we won't have organized weekly events at the track. I have a shop to run, a race car that consumes gobs of time each week and then of course I sleep form time to time! So what that means is I cannot "run" the group. I am only going to organize it and support it, and of couse serve as an advisor and participate where and when I can! And of course provide the facility for the group to meet at.

I have a formal / professional environment in mind for this group. It must be an entity that people contribute to, otherwise they will not get anything in return. Whether that be contributing $$$ for a t-shirt, time for an event, time to be an Admin in the group or sitting on a Steering Committee that helps to find new and exciting outings and events for the group to participate in.

On a completely different and personal note.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................

I will not stand for people coming and starting problems, won't put up with any mouthy whiners and absolutely will not tolerate disrespect for myself, my staff, my facility, my neighbors or anyone who chooses to participate. There is no second chance either. I have seen too many smart assed kids in the last 2 years who screw good gigs up for those who are serious about their enthusiasm for their cars. If you think you can handle that, then hell yeah let's get this thing going!

g
Old 11-30-2007 | 01:32 AM
Teching In

dont post much here but i am down once my car gets done.
Old 11-30-2007 | 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in!! Keep Me informed on Whats going on!!