Time to vent. Can somebody tell me why do body shops f***ing lie?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007 | 11:07 PM
Launching!

Thanx kwikkar, i will roll that one by him day after tomorrow
Old 11-27-2007 | 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by J-Rod
its not just body shops. Lots of small shops will overcommit and underdeliver. The issue is they never want to turn away business.
that may be true, but that's a moot point as far as the customer is concerned. that burden should not ever be placed on the customer's shoulders. if the shop's owner or operators actually had any scruples, they would give them a reasonable estimate ahead of time as to how long it may take and how much it will cost, so there are less surprises later on down the road. also, they should contact the customer proactively when there may be a delay, or a change in plans/pricing, instead of the customer having to take the initiative to follow up on ****.

Originally Posted by J-Rod
Really inthat case you can either.

1. Go ge the car - But since you've paid them half expectt hey won't give you a refund, or they will give you some stupid number for the labor thus far.

2. wait on the car and be patient.

3. go down there and make such a pain out of yourself that they get the car out of there to be rid of you.

3 will get the car back sooner, but you may loose a lot of quality as a result. So, you may have to make them aware that you will nit-pick it to death if they try to cut corners.
yeah, definitely don't go with option 3....it's kinda like making a big fuss at a restaurant when your order wasn't made correctly.....you can raise all kinds of hell to them about it, and you may get them to correct it, but you may just also end up with a little something "extra" in there, too....

as for option 1, i'd say that unless there is some type of contract that you've signed, just take the car back and demand a refund for any money that you've paid in excess of what they've actually done to the car, and if they offer any resistance, threaten them with a lawyer (and actually follow through....don't bluff on this....). to me, it would seem illegal for them to keep money that's not owed to them, unless there was some type of written contract stating otherwise, that both parties agreed to ahead of time.

there seriously needs to be more accountability for scumbags that pull this kind of ****.....
Old 11-27-2007 | 11:58 PM
12 Second Club

dude. get your money back and get the ***** outta there.
Old 11-28-2007 | 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kornfreak_401
dude. get your money back and get the ***** outta there.
yep, and once you get your car back (and possibly any money that's owed to you), be sure to let them know that you are going to steer away as much business away from them as you possibly can for treating you like they did
Old 11-30-2007 | 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

report them to the better business bureau, and actually consult it before you pick a body shop.

the BBB was pricess to me when picking a company to ship my car with... so many shipping companies had bad reputations on the BBB including the one that i got burnt with (which is what made me learn that lesson).

Quick Reply: Time to vent. Can somebody tell me why do body shops f***ing lie?