Running 9s at Houston Raceway Park. Need info.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Read above and you would see that HRP closed the track due to fog. Guess he'll have to try another day etc...

oops~
Old 12-09-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

think he was out there tonight, but it closed early due to fog
Old 12-09-2007, 11:54 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was, but not worth posting about.

I made 2 passes. The first pass was kinda weird. It spun a little, then hooked, the "wheelie" came up about a foot for 10 feet, then it came up another foot for a few more feet, then came down. I then hit the rev limiter. Something went wrong with the vacuum pump. Prep wasn't all that great. The weather SUCKED! Fog/dew/moisture out the ***! My tires are no good. The car was on stands for 2 years, so they weren't sitting on the ground, but I guess time and weather took a toll on them because the sidewalls are no good. They gave out and wrinkled really bad, leaving wrinkle marks on the side of the tire.

It was a bad night for me and only managed to pull a 6.40 at 108mph with a 1.39 60 ft. in the 1/8th mile. Sure, some of you say that's pretty good, but the car ran 6.60s at 102 with mid 1.30s in the 60 ft. with 70 ci less, 3.5 points of compression less, and 150 hp less.

Hopefully next time I'm out, the weather will be good, I'll have the pump fixed, new tires, and get to make more runs to get the suspension figured out. Disappointing, but hey, it was the first night out and not the best time to go. Better times to come...
Old 12-10-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I was, but not worth posting about.

I made 2 passes. The first pass was kinda weird. It spun a little, then hooked, the "wheelie" came up about a foot for 10 feet, then it came up another foot for a few more feet, then came down. I then hit the rev limiter. Something went wrong with the vacuum pump. Prep wasn't all that great. The weather SUCKED! Fog/dew/moisture out the ***! My tires are no good. The car was on stands for 2 years, so they weren't sitting on the ground, but I guess time and weather took a toll on them because the sidewalls are no good. They gave out and wrinkled really bad, leaving wrinkle marks on the side of the tire.

It was a bad night for me and only managed to pull a 6.40 at 108mph with a 1.39 60 ft. in the 1/8th mile. Sure, some of you say that's pretty good, but the car ran 6.60s at 102 with mid 1.30s in the 60 ft. with 70 ci less, 3.5 points of compression less, and 150 hp less.

Hopefully next time I'm out, the weather will be good, I'll have the pump fixed, new tires, and get to make more runs to get the suspension figured out. Disappointing, but hey, it was the first night out and not the best time to go. Better times to come...